Oleduckhunter 27-Apr-18
Kevin @ Wisconsin 27-Apr-18
Mac 27-Apr-18
Oforalot 27-Apr-18
South Farm 27-Apr-18
RutnStrut 27-Apr-18
DoorKnob 27-Apr-18
27-Apr-18
I just got back from a successful turkey hunt and were the woods ever alive with an abundance of animals.

I saw more deer, turkeys, geese, grouse, cranes and cotton tails then I've seen in a long time. It wasn't always like this. Looks like the winter here wasn't too bad . Can't wait to see one the fawna start dropping.

Now that we're out chasing turkeys how does your area Look?

27-Apr-18
Where abouts were you Kevin?

27-Apr-18
Life is good! But it always is. You take what mother nature or life hands you, and you adjust. Or, you cry like a tit baby and look the fool!

27-Apr-18
What county Kevin?

27-Apr-18
Portage county

27-Apr-18
We were at our place last weekend near Peshtigo, and the Turkeys were just going nuts. Deer out in the fields feeding on whatever corn may be left at 10 in the morning. Lots going on and moving by us as well. In February when we were up there at one point we 20 some deer in the field at one time. Everyone who hunts our property is really excited for fall.

27-Apr-18
Turkey hunt was a dud for me in Washington county on public land. No gobbling and only came across a few tracks in the snow before it melted. Walked up on several deer feeding (fun to see how close you can get before they spot you) and probably saw 100 others feeding in the fields and along the road on the drive home. So goes it for me. Lots of deer when turkey hunting and lots of turkeys when deer hunting. Sure was fun being in the woods!

27-Apr-18
Funny you mention it, I was just thinking to myself there seems to be a greater abundance of wildlife this spring than I've ever noticed before.

27-Apr-18
The last week or so since the snow has melted I have seen deer feeding all hours. I think it shows how hungry they are. This is in Chippewa county. I have also seen a lot more car kills than the past few years.

27-Apr-18
All the critters seem to have good populations around here. The deer seem to have made it through healthy and good sized. In part because of all the illegal feeding going on around here. The winter wheat field are getting hammered as well, so we need to thank the farmers for their loss.

• Sitka Gear