Jebediah 03-May-18
xi 03-May-18
Proline 03-May-18
Jebediah 03-May-18
Come november 03-May-18
01-May-18

peterk1234's embedded Photo
peterk1234's embedded Photo
I am new to this shotgun hunting thing and I want to be sure I follow all the rules. So I put on that stupid sticker. Of course it won't stick so I have to use a chunk of packing tape to keep it on there. Even that does not want to really stick because, well you know, I oil my guns. Then there is the lock. Gotta have the lock for an unloaded gun you know. Look at this f'n thing. This is just silly. All it is missing is a big warning label telling me not run with it because I could poke my eye out if I fall. You know I am going to miss if the turkey comes along because I am going to be fixated on that goddamn green dot in my field of vision. This state is run by a bunch of assholes.

What is wrong with us?

01-May-18
To add complexity - does the action lock "count" or do you have to have an actual "trigger lock"? I dont know the answer... Just curious when looking at the pic.

Weird that it doesnt stick. I have a couple on my gun and they stick great... But my gun is "camo" so the finish is different. Would it stick to the black stock?

01-May-18
Stick a nice flower put the end of the barrel and shes complete lol.

01-May-18
I hope your shells are locked up Pete.

01-May-18
our grandfathers would say, "what the hell are all these Turkeys doing around here, and where the hell did they come from?" lol....see there weren't many birds around during their day...get it? :)

maybe they'd also say "where the heck is the lever to break the action on this thing? Oh, its a semi-auto? am I hunting turkeys or germans"

:)

01-May-18
Locks through the action are fine. Tekoa

01-May-18
funny

01-May-18
Interesting about locks. I was told by state official that if you have license to carry as long as gun is near you in vehicle you do not need locks. I had always locked my gun and ammo in vehicle prior to being told that.

01-May-18
Brooktrout, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure if the gun is on your person it doesn't need to be locked, just being near you isn't good enough.

01-May-18
Good thing your gun is black otherwise you'd see ink all over it from where you got fingerprinted for your firearms license. Also, aren't all black-colored guns assault weapons?

01-May-18
BP that was what I thought too but was told by someone in the know that abstract is wrong and if in vehicle under your reach/control considered legal with LTC.

01-May-18
I am 100% certain that is incorrect brook trout. The gun has to be on your person. Any gun in a car that is not on your person and unlocked will cost you your LTC. That is taught in every carry class I have taken.

01-May-18
I imagine my Grandfather would say " Anyone bitching about a green dot from the business end of this thing is a darn fool " Perhaps with a bit more colorful flair to the language ... And a thick Norwegian accent.

01-May-18
is the sticker thing on shotguns /turkey season still a law? havnt seen it in years.....where would u even get a sticker nowa days?

02-May-18

Brooktrout59's embedded Photo
Ma law on shotguns
Brooktrout59's embedded Photo
Ma law on shotguns
My situation was non large capacity shotgun. According to law no lock required.

02-May-18
OK I'll eat Crow on that Brook Trout. I looked at GOAL's page and found that non large capacity shotguns are OK. That said, I don't do it and won't gamble on it in this state. I always lock any gun being transported in a vehicle that is not on my person.

02-May-18
What's a non large capacity shotgun? I'm thinking all of them... I mean, outside competition guns, most are 5-7 max correct? Many being single or double... So if I'm driving spot to spot with my 535 pump that could max out at 6-7 (I think it's one in the chamber and 5 in the tube if I max it out - I never have more than 2-3 in it at a time, so I've literally forgotten), am I legal to have it out and not have to lock box it (just have a trigger lock on and be unloaded)?

02-May-18
Was news to me too proline! Did not know it til last November being told by state official who is also hunter safety instructor. Will good question- surely single shot slug gun, double barrel, over under and shotgun limiting 5 rounds. Proline' s idea of playing it safe is probably best.

02-May-18
JD,.. image google the mass sticker,.. and print it out on color printer at work. That is what I did,.. and then i had trouble affixing it like Pete,.. due to oil also,..

This is ridiculous,..

Just my 2 cents,..

PS next year,.. is the year of not running with the shotgun,.. unless you also have the safe running sticker too!!!!! :/

02-May-18
Guy....read the definition of large capacity. any semi-auto is technically a large capacity as it it 'capable of being modified to hold more than 5 shells' ie even if you don't own one, if you CAN attach a magazine extender to you shotgun it is a Large Cap. see "readily modifiable to accept" below. I don't play games, everything, even my muzzleloader is locked before it leaves the house.

''Large capacity feeding device'', (i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; or (ii) a large capacity ammunition feeding device as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994. The term ''large capacity feeding device'' shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with,.22 caliber ammunition.

''Large capacity weapon'', any firearm, rifle or shotgun: (i) that is semiautomatic with a fixed large capacity feeding device; (ii) that is semiautomatic and capable of accepting, or readily modifiable to accept, any detachable large capacity feeding device; (iii) that employs a rotating cylinder capable of accepting more than ten rounds of ammunition in a rifle or firearm and more than five shotgun shells in the case of a shotgun or firearm; or (iv) that is an assault weapon. The term ''large capacity weapon'' shall be a secondary designation and shall apply to a weapon in addition to its primary designation as a firearm, rifle or shotgun and shall not include: (i) any weapon that was manufactured in or prior to the year 1899; (ii) any weapon that operates by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (iii) any weapon that is a single-shot weapon; (iv) any weapon that has been modified so as to render it permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be designated a large capacity weapon; or (v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combination of available parts into an operable large capacity weapon.

02-May-18
How in God'sname could a single shot shot gun, slug gun , over under, double barrel or MZ be a large capacity firearm. You tell me- ridiculous! Why I like Bowhunting -no questions.

03-May-18

Come november's embedded Photo
Till foam Broadhead covers become the law brooktrout.

03-May-18
Or Massachusetts gets wind of Illinois law requiring cased bows in transport and /or locked cables . That is All We need.

03-May-18
That’s interesting. Wouldn’t have expected that from Illinois.

03-May-18

We are laughing now, but..........

03-May-18
Jump in deer stand at 5:00 am. Spot deer coming at 6:30. Grab keys from pocket. Remove bow locking cable. Knock arrow. Remove foam Broadhead cover. Shoot deer. Lock bow back up. Climb down. Recover deer. That sounds easy enough.

03-May-18
Good lord man, delete that photo before a politician sees it and writes new legislation.

:)

03-May-18
Not to scare you CN... But in CT, they have a sunset = close of hunting day law for deer. It's frustrating. But, I've heard of guys who have a long walk putting a small lock on their cam, so when the get to the truck, if an EPO is there, they can at least say "see, I couldnt have shot"...

Personally... Ill take my chances :)

03-May-18
Oh boy will, I had an issue. Got to my truck one evening to find the warden waiting . He said “ kinda late, aren’t you?” I responded yes, long walk out. I’m way back. That led to a whole can of worms. I offered to show him the stand and we could Time the walk, etc... I actually am down about 10 minutes early. I don’t see to well in low light.

03-May-18
Ct law states “An arrow nocked” for the definition of hunting

03-May-18
It will vary from EPO to EPO. I’ve said on here before—I talked to one EPO who told me I was fine practicing from a stand in the woods (no brodheads? Then you’re not hunting!), whereas another told me that I’m hunting if I’m in the woods with “the means to take” any animal. Which means there better not be a point on my walking stick.

03-May-18
N.Y. is the same, sunset close with bow either unstrung or un-drawable. My brother and I had our balls busted there, my brothers truck tire was appx 6" on the pavement of the road, gave him a 10.00 ticket under N.Y. state park rules.

03-May-18
I never knew it until I took the bow hunting class that if you shoot a deer right up against the end of legal light your supposed to return your bow to the truck before you go after the animal. Cant even recall how many times I didn't before I took that class.

03-May-18
What about in the morning? Only set foot in the woods 30 min before sunrise?

03-May-18
Sometimes if I plan on hunting the same stand again in the morning, I’ll just leave my bow on the hook and come out empty handed. How’s that for legal!?

• Sitka Gear