smarba 03-May-18
priley 04-May-18
swampokie 04-May-18
thatdoggJake 09-May-18
swampokie 09-May-18
thatdoggJake 22-May-18
priley 23-May-18
02-May-18
I drew a NM 41 deer tag. Not a lot of info to start my search on. 80% private and only 20% public. Seems to me that most deer are in the Ag areas, but I really dont know too much. Anyone here with any thoughts about the area? TY

02-May-18
Find out who owns the private surfacr and start making phone calls...

02-May-18
Trying to understand why anyone would put in for a unit like that without a game plan?

02-May-18
Ohio, Idk if i told you this already. A guy got a hold of me and says " I drew 16a archery elk, and a rifle ibex tag. Are these good units"? OMG man ,u pulled out what hair I have !

03-May-18
Ditto Ohio & Split. Seems pretty easy to me: only 20% of the unit is public land. That certainly narrows down the areas to look substantially...

04-May-18
thats a damn good tag if you are in with the land owners. Not much farming mostly ranch country.

04-May-18
Had this tag in 08 and didn't even hunt because I couldn't find the state land. I had only a crude map and none of the local ranchers at the local grocery store in logan were much help. Did scout for a day before heading home. This was my first encounter with the unsigned and unposted lands of new mexico. Onxmap and a garmin will be handy and yes there are good deer in those sand hills. Also a lot of greedy landowners. Good tag if you do your studying.

09-May-18
Im trying to get my plan together. I see some big money private land hunts. Not a lot of other information online though. With a new born this year the big money part of it is out of the question. In the past I have called some of the local hardware stores and etc to try to find some info but there isnt much in terms of people population to try to get more info. I thought maybe good ole bowsite might come up with a little info. Thanks

09-May-18
The lack of web info is a blessing. U mite look at contacts in Logan. I didn’t find much help there but that was a long time ago.

22-May-18
Ps. I didnt tell my wife I drew this tag. Then she caught me looking at bowsite and her first words were..... "why are you lookibg at bowsite right now? What tag did you draw that you havent told me about."

23-May-18
Yeah you are in trouble.lol

• Sitka Gear