Ace 03-May-18
steve 03-May-18
nettereo16 03-May-18
Ace 04-May-18
Shawn 06-May-18
02-May-18
Has anyone heard about this?? A customer sent this to me today:

Please take a look at it.

You guys may have heard what Senator Looney is trying to do in New Haven, closing all hunting on the Quinnipiac River (by making it a "Wildlife Refuge"). We just got word last night that Senator Bob Duff (Norwalk & Darien) is trying to do the same thing in Norwalk.

There is only a week left in the Session so we have to act fast and get everyone we can, who lives or hunts in Norwalk to CALL him ASAP. His home office number is (203)840-1333 his Hartford office is (860)240-0414. Tell him not to close any hunting opportunities in Norwalk. There do not seem to be any safety incidents on record (that I can find) so this seems likely to be a couple of people complaining about guns or hunters.

02-May-18
Yup Dave it's real, Call Duff! Tell him you are his constituent and that you don't want to lose any Hunting opportunities in Norwalk.

02-May-18
I’ve messaged him waiting on a reply do u know more info?? Where is he proposing this?

02-May-18
To would say vets park and the beach I will call tomorrow

02-May-18
Wow - that's pretty unreal!

03-May-18
The session ends next week and we still do not have a Budget and they have yet to debate and vote on a couple of big Government/ Liberal pet projects such as: Further restrictions on our Gun Rights, Bringing Back Tolls on our Highways, and Approving Recreational Marijuana. Time to Drain the Hartford Swamp. The elections coming up in November are as important as any we have had in recent memory in CT. This State has gone from one that lots of people and companies wanted to come to, to one that many companies and tons of people have already left or are planning their exit from.

03-May-18
Well said Ace we need yo clean up “ our “ state .

03-May-18
didn't any body read 4/27 titled "ALERT PLEASE READ.

03-May-18
I heard about this at our last CCAC meeting and I know Pat L sent out something a few days ago about this. Once they get one closed then the snowball really gets rolling.

03-May-18
Yes we read it. I sent a message complaining about a proposal to correct a problem that doesn't exist. Like someone said, this is a few people complaining.

03-May-18
Beman, THIS thread is about Senator Bob Duff of Darien and Norwalk, the Senate Majority Leader, adding Norwalk to the list of places that will become off limits to Hunting. It's further reason to act and contact your State Rep and State Senator. And another reason to vet your candidates to see where they stand on issues that you are concerned with.

The text that Dave posted is from an email that I sent to a bunch of people yesterday trying to get hunters to act.

We need to do a much better job of contacting the politicians that work for us. They hear from the Anti-gun and Anti-hunting people regularly. When you read the testimony on Sunday Hunting, or a Proposed Bear Hunting Bill or outlawing Bump Stocks AND any device that increases the rate of fire on a semi-auto rifle, their crowd outnumbers ours every time. We need to reverse that or we will keep losing rights and opportunities.

03-May-18
Just received word back from Duff-David I had one conversation with one person on the complaints I get from Norwalk residents to look for a solution. I haven’t decided on nor introduced anything. Sincerely Bob Duff.

Discussion contained —Complaints about waterfowl hunting at Vets Park and the beach. Nothing is proposed.

03-May-18
Dave, it's not a done deal until the session is over, Duff told another Senator that he was seriously considering introducing the action. He could easily add an amendment to SB 109, the bill mentioned earlier, that deals with New Haven. I imagine that he got a ton of calls and emails, and when guys like you, from the district he represents, reach out, he'd be a fool not to listen. Good job, but keep an eye open, he's not exactly a friend to Hunters.

03-May-18
He did put in the Sunday hunting bill Ace . But he is going to do what he wants to get votes just like all the others .

03-May-18
I live in Norwalk & just emailed him that there are more folks out there who want to keep these areas open than those who are contacting to complain. Hopefully, others message him to prove that we exist..

04-May-18
Bob Duff responded to me and a number of other people with this comment:

"Thanks for your email and phone call. I had one conversation with one person about a concept regarding complaints I've heard in Norwalk. I've neither decided on anything nor introduced anything.

Sincerely, Bob"

When a large number of us contact these politicians in a short time about an issue, they notice and they listen! Let's remember that the next time.

06-May-18
Good job guys!!

• Sitka Gear