apache 04-May-18
Proline 04-May-18
mboudreau 04-May-18
Belchertown Bowman 04-May-18
Belchertown Bowman 04-May-18
Treestalker 06-May-18
peterk1234 07-May-18
03-May-18
What are you guys using for stabilizer setups on your bows? I never really use them, other than for dampening. However, my daughter's new bow is very light and I can see it drifting in a big way as she takes aim. So it got me thinking if not only her, but if I would also benefit from a stabilizer (maybe even a sidebar). Seems like it is all trial and error. Anyone bother to ever play around with a longer stabilizer (like a foot) and weights?

03-May-18
Peter - I have a little 8~" long "octane" stabilizer from about 2005. Got it when the BT Allegiance first came out. It's ok. I keep debating a B-Stinger. I can feel a difference when shooting those, they put the weight out there and it does seem to aid aiming and keeps things steady at the shot (as best I can tell)...

03-May-18
I've been thinking about a B Stinger also. I keep thinking my pin floats a little more than I'd like. At the saddle get together drslyr had a stabilizer so long that it looked like he could poke a deer from his stand with it, he seemed to be shooting pretty damn well.

03-May-18
Watching the archery olympics in korea they seemed to like the javelin sized stabilizers as well, but at some point getting them thru the briars or laurel becomes more of a hassle than its worth. Unless you leave it in the tree stand and remember to put it on...

03-May-18
Interesting to read others think similarly. Time to find some Bee Stingers and weights and play around a bit.

03-May-18
Drslyr has a 3' stabilizer! The man can shoot

03-May-18
We should call him trgtslyr. Him and eastie are nuts on the range. From what I have read anything under 6” is good for dampening under 35 or so yds. Drslyr can chime in on this. He shoots competition and knows what he is doing

All of my shots in the woods are 30yds and under so there is no need for anything to stabilize my bow out past that

04-May-18
I recommend going to an archery shop and trying different stabilizes and see which one gives you the best groups.

04-May-18
I have an 8" Bee-Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme 8"

04-May-18
Check out the Cross over Telescopic Stabilizers by Crossroad Archery(google it).. They make telescopic stabilizers that adjust from 8''to21'', 10''to 17'' or 12''to33''. I just got one and love it, since i can keep it short when getting thru brush, and extend it out to whatever length I want when in stand. Its quiet and really helps my grouping.

04-May-18
Agree with mabow. Go try a few because they do differ. If she drifting a lot while holding I would suspect another issue....

04-May-18
Apache thx for the link, I'm going to get me one...

04-May-18
Thanks for the tip Apache!

Cross over Telescopic Stabilizers by Crossroad Archery

04-May-18
ouch! its 99 bucks !

06-May-18
Hello friends long time no see

I like a 12" bstinger up front and a 10 out back with 4 weights

07-May-18
So I went on a shopping spree and bought every used bee stinger I could get my hands on. I have a 10, a few 6s, and a 15. Plus a couple pounds of weight. The 10 with 4 ounces with a 6 with 8 ounces in back worked fairly well. That set up was perfect for my wife. Doubling the weight for me was even better but damn, that is a lot of weight to lug around. I tried the 15 with a couple of ounces in front and a 6 with 4 ounces in the back. It worked awesome. Definitely steadies things quite a bit and even helps if you get a little jumpy with your fingers. My daughter shot better with just a basic light weight stab in the front so she is now hooked up with a 6" and an ounce of weight.

I have to play around with it some more but I like it. Granted I have not shot at a deer that was further than 20 yards ever, but anything that helps make a shot more certain is worth it in my book.

• Sitka Gear