Jimbo 06-May-18
peterk1234 06-May-18
Wachusett 06-May-18
Tazman 06-May-18
Tazman 06-May-18
peterk1234 06-May-18
peterk1234 06-May-18
05-May-18
Cinco de Mayo... Buena suerte compaƱeros cazadores de pavos.

(Fifth of May... Good luck fellow turkey hunters.)

05-May-18
Wow, multi-lingual posts, posts with references and footnotes (Will...), posts about philosophy and politics. I show up for the hunting, but stay for the education. Happy May 5, hunt safely! Fishing for me today.

05-May-18
So far one Tom and a few hens no shots yet out with the bow trying to finish off my season

05-May-18
Had them gobbling again but they wouldn't commit! Man these NH birds are kicking my ass lol. Good luck guys

05-May-18
The usual fly down and walk the other way for me. Surprised I even heard one today in the howling wind. Moons your luck seems to be turning, welcome to my world! I always know when my job is going to get busy and thats always during hunting season so now I may have to wait another week.

05-May-18
Had four toms come into my decoys together... each had beards about 7 - 8 inches long. I drew on the one that looked the biggest AND MISSED! At 10 yards! My arrow deflected off the left edge of the blind's shooting window.

05-May-18
Geez, guys... where's the love? I share my story about blowing a slam dunk and what do I hear? Crickets. What's up with that?

05-May-18
I'm in, " how you screw that up" !

05-May-18
Horrible ,Terrible ,What the Hell .get with the program, practice more, open your eyes, get a grip, you need to think about what you've done ,shame on you we cant be friends, join the girl's butterfly club, seek professional help, stop hurting our stellar record and good name... That's all I got for now.

It happens.

05-May-18

Jimbo's embedded Photo
Jimbo's embedded Photo
Awww... thanks, guys. Such heartfelt support... means the world to me.

:o)

I was just messin' with ya.

Turns out missing a good turkey sometimes leads to killing a great turkey. 10 inch beard, 1 inch spurs, 22.6 pounds. Tagged out in MA. Heading to upstate NY next weekend.

05-May-18
Jimbo you dog ya-had me almost feeling sorry for ya- not!!!

05-May-18
didnt see a may 5th thread so I started one....oops. Shows how cultured I am, didn't even put the two and two together.

05-May-18
What a great day. No turkey in the oven but chased around a big Tom for almost an hour. He was all puffed up every time I would find him. Unfortunately, I could not get closer than 75 yards and he would not come into my calls. He covered some serious ground.

But that was not the best part of my morning. So I am in the middle of the woods and I see some long legs. Seemed too long for a deer and they were much darker in color. Then it comes more into the open; a moose! Only about 75 yards away. It never saw me. It just hung around for a while chomping on leaves than eventually left.

A perfect day.

05-May-18
Great stuff guys. Had some family stuff come that prevented my son and I getting in this morning. Thanks for sharing.

05-May-18

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Tagged out in MA yesterday and with my son today in N.Y. An incredible season for me, looking forward to a rainy Sunday morning !

05-May-18
Peterk that's something I've always wanted to see. I hunt deer in Maine and have always wanted to watch a moose do its thing. Cool how you can have a perfect day without a kill

05-May-18
Peter, behind the swamp or the cut across the street?

Jimbo, man, what a few days for you! Awesome!!!

05-May-18

BQP's Link
first hunt of the year this morning for me. took a while but called in 3 hens, a jake, and a tom. each coming into the field about 15 minutes after each other. only the jake came in to my spread unfortunately. still had a blast enjoying the show put on by the jake at just barely even 10 yards. also saw a deer in the field at first light. and at one point thought I heard a strange growl from behind the blind but didn't think much of it. before I picked up for the day I walked back there and found a cool looking swampy area so I hit the box call. immediately a big fisher cat started towards me from down in the swamp. guess that must have been him that growled... wound up almost walking into him as I got towards the truck a little later too. all in all I had fun despite the howling winds we had.

06-May-18
Cool video, BQP. That jake should be wearing a "shoot me" sign. LOL

06-May-18
Will, behind the swamp. I was looking at the other side when leaving for the day. Man it looks good. Is there a place to park on that side or do you just walk across?

06-May-18
Peter, I was gonna ask where abouts you were too. I think you're out my way, (Princeton, Sterling area) if I recall. I've been waiting to see one for several years. I've found beds, fresh tracks in snow, and everything else but no moose, not even while driving.

06-May-18

Tazman's embedded Photo
Tazman's embedded Photo
My youth hunter had to bail so i took out a first timer. Figures not a gobble. We did have 6 visitors which is always cool.

06-May-18
My youth hunter had to bail so i took out a first timer. Figures not a gobble. We did have 6 visitors which is always cool.

06-May-18
Tazman...Wow! I have to start bringing a small camera and have it always accessible. My phone is always buried in my pack. A camera would be a good way to "hunt" duinf the off season, or to "shoot" animals out of season :)

06-May-18
Wachusett, I was in Petersham.

• Sitka Gear