bowandspear 05-May-18
Will 05-May-18
Dinky 05-May-18
Jimbo 06-May-18
Ungie01201 07-May-18
Moons22 07-May-18
05-May-18
Curious how everyone did today?

My quest continues for my first longbeard. Went out early and didn't hear a single gobble off the limb. Probably the wind I suppose. At sunrise I called in a couple hens who did their thing around me for 15 minutes. Around 9 I jumped a hen in a clear cut and let out some soft yelps so see if a tom was with her. I got an answer and he closed the distance, staying hidden the whole time. He ended up poking his head out just as I moved to position my gun. My big mistake and a lesson learned. Nice morning regardless. Saw a nice fisher cat with a blonde tail. Can't complain!

05-May-18

xi's embedded Photo
21 lbs, 13/16" spurs, 8 1/2" beard
xi's embedded Photo
21 lbs, 13/16" spurs, 8 1/2" beard
To say it's been a great season would be an understatement. Finished up today in N.Y. with my son. Blessed and thankful for the opportunities I have.

05-May-18

stillhunter's embedded Photo
stillhunter's embedded Photo
I belly crawled across a field too what I thought was a tom and three hens. When I finally got close enough, I saw they where all jakes. Happy to fill a tag thou, and it makes crawling across a field feel less stupid.

05-May-18
Excellent guys

05-May-18
Wondered how folks faired with the weather change...well done XI and Still!

05-May-18
Great job guys!

06-May-18
Good stuff, guys. xi, that photo of your son is a keeper... love the smile on his face... that's a beautiful tom. stillhunter... you might have to change your name to crawlinghunter. LOL Crawling across a field... that's very cool. Dinky, sounds like you had a good day. We all make those mistakes. The key is to learn from them. I believe it's called "experiential learning." I know I should have a Master's Degree in Hunting Experiential Learning... if there's a mistake to be made, I've probably made it. I hope you get your first tom this spring.... be sure to take a photo and share it with us.

07-May-18
Nice job guys!

07-May-18
Awesome stuff! Xi, really cool to see you and your son getting out there together. Brings back some great memories!

• Sitka Gear