Contributors to this thread:
jordanathome 07-May-18
coelker 08-May-18
Surfbow 08-May-18
Ermine 09-May-18
yooper89 09-May-18
bugslinger 09-May-18
07-May-18
I moved into a new home on 4/16 so was busy and could not get out until 2 weekends ago. Now after two weekends I've yet to find a responsive gobbler. My honey hole is a turkey desert this year. Late snows are not helping and this weekend forecast for 5-8 inches accumulation.

I guess I need to find a spot to explore at lower elevation......8500'-8800' ain't where they are at for me this year. Anyone else finding the turks are not where they usually are so far?

I did run into a couple of motorcycle enthusiasts in my area this sunday that claimed to have run into some turkeys the prior weekend in the area, including a large "male" they chased. Forkers. Said they were seeing them on sunny north facing slopes.....LOL

08-May-18
Yeah I am striking out as well my honey hole completely dry this year. My son and I have been all over and the only goble we get is when one is running away.

08-May-18

Surfbow's embedded Photo
Surfbow's embedded Photo
Yeah, me too. Between getting the house ready to sell and everything else, I got out after turkeys for a grand total of 2 hours with the 5-year-old in tow...then we went fishing, it was an epic adventure for her.

09-May-18
That’s awesome surfbow!

09-May-18
I got into them 2 of 3 weekends I went out. Have no problem calling them in, but having a bear of a time getting them to commit the last 60 or so yards. Was set up twice on a small meadow surrounded by pine and aspen, only to have the birds hold up right at tree line. I’m thinking I may need to be a little more mobile.

09-May-18
I've had decent success getting into them at my normal haunts 9300'-9800'. I seemed to have lost all/any patience I had and keep getting antsy and blowing it.

• Sitka Gear