drslyr 12-May-18
BQP 12-May-18
BQP 12-May-18
BQP 12-May-18
BQP 12-May-18
Will 12-May-18
SloMo 13-May-18
12-May-18
Good luck today everyone, what a beautiful morning !

12-May-18
So far 1 hen nothing else

12-May-18
Yup typical mass hunt. Nuthin here. Not even a distant gobble

12-May-18
Let’s have it start pouring too. Just to add to the fun

12-May-18
Ever notice the weatherman can only get it right when you have plans to do something outdoors. Hell he’ll even be right on the money when predicting the greatest deluge ever a yr ahead of your outdoor vacation plans

12-May-18
Hen just walked thru 25 yds

12-May-18
Got a hen bedded down at 25 ft

12-May-18
She stayed a good 20 min. There was another hen too but not as close. She lay right down on the ground like a deer bedding down. Never saw that before.

12-May-18
drslyr , I was watching a hen yesterday. One that lives behind my house. She often drops down in a quiet corner for a rest or perhaps she is unable to calculate and walk at the same time. dunno.

Yesterday she was out in the open, taking a dirt bath and she created enough dust to make it look like a fire had started. That may be a bug killing thing but it may also be an advertisement for the boys. Soon after she was joined by a healthy stud Jake and they stayed in close proximity for the morning and afternoon. Another hen made a showing but it looked as though she was subordinate to the dusty girl.

I believe that Turkeys and Deer act similar in a social/mating way. They are grouped up before and after but separate / disperse, during the courtship stage. Must be a survival thing.

12-May-18
My usual gobbles fly down walk the other way. Had two hens walk by me. I think I heard two different birds gobbling. Turkey hunting is exciting then its over quick. Drslyr yup you are right about the weatherman. I thought it only rained on Saturdays during deer season guess not.

12-May-18
Funny , I just looked out the window and there they are. Two hens and a Stud strutting his stuff. It makes it difficult to "go hunting" when they insist on coming to me but it is also conflicting to snipe one so easily ... Can't win.

12-May-18
Taking the kids fishing later, and had to pick between breakfast with the family and getting some lingering work done this AM... or turkey hunting. I rarely have luck with birds in the rain so rather than schlepping the kids out early, I'm opting to catch some bass with them this afternoon... Choices :)

Good luck Deerslyr and all who are out!

Spike, that is frustrating!

12-May-18

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
No young buck to help me carry all the filmin gear so I’m runnin an gunnin with the GoPro

12-May-18

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo

12-May-18

stillhunter's embedded Photo
stillhunter's embedded Photo
Turkeys didnt want to play this morning, so as usual I did some deer scouting. I am never disappointed when the turkeys dont cooperate because I only got into turkeys for the sake of spring deer scouting anyway. Atleast thats what I tell my self. I followed a rub line for about two hours before I found this guy.

12-May-18
PAT ARE WE EVER GONNA GET THIS SIDEWAYS PICTURE THING STRAIGHTENED OUT?

12-May-18
drslyr. Turn your camera from vertical to horizontal. Humor me for the sake of Science.

12-May-18

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo

12-May-18
How bout the other sideways?

12-May-18

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo

12-May-18
This sideways?

12-May-18
Bingo . We have a winner.

12-May-18

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo

12-May-18

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo

12-May-18
TT-PI These are originals maybe 30 yrs old

12-May-18
The gun is almost 50 yrs old. Bought it at Kmart when I was just a young buck

12-May-18
That’s it for me starting to pour good luck to everyone out there

12-May-18
drslyr,

(from the P/M message) I was saying you could put a sticker on the phone/ camera, (the topside position )so that you may continue to shoot pics in the desired position. Of course, you would be ever reminded not to "shoot" pictures without identifying your "target". An added perk to getting it vertical... "Stupid sticker" humor...

12-May-18
Ended the day with 4 hens and 2 jakes waiting for a good Tom before I take a shot with the bow may be next week

12-May-18
Stillhunter hes gonna be a good one this season! Lol

12-May-18

hunterma's embedded Photo
hunterma's embedded Photo
Out with hunting buds John and B.B., we've been coming close and finally connected this morning. Using 3 1/2 inch 5 shot and needed every bit of it at 48 yards. Never reached out that far before for a turkey but It was that or nothing so I took a chance. 17.6 lbs, 8 inch beard.

12-May-18
very nice.

12-May-18
Congrats on the bird.

12-May-18
Congrats!

12-May-18
Awesome, congrats !

12-May-18
great bird

12-May-18

BQP's Link
tried a newish spot this morning. birds were relatively tight lipped. had two hens come by me. then saw about 8 birds far out. took 3 or so hours till they broke up some and got 3 jakes to visit me. keep sizing up the jakes and they just seem too small. are they a little smaller this year or is it just me?

12-May-18

BQP's Link
tried a newish spot this morning. birds were relatively tight lipped. had two hens come by me. then saw about 8 birds far out. took 3 or so hours till they broke up some and got 3 jakes to visit me. keep sizing up the jakes and they just seem too small. are they a little smaller this year or is it just me?

12-May-18

BQP's Link

12-May-18

BQP's Link

12-May-18
Nice MA! Enjoy the feast!

13-May-18

SloMo's embedded Photo
SloMo's embedded Photo
I practice my calls sitting in my truck and look what showed up. Nice birds huh?

• Sitka Gear