Mother's Day
Massachusetts
Contributors to this thread:
TT-Pi 13-May-18
xi 13-May-18
Will 13-May-18
Moons22 13-May-18
13-May-18
She just wanted to honor her mom : Long before her death, Jarvis' mom Ann Reeves Jarvis hoped someone would dedicate a day to honor mothers. When she died on May 9, 1905, Jarvis set out to do just that. She began campaigning not only for her mom but for moms everywhere. It started off with her hometown of Grafton, West Virginia, which takes credit for hosting the first official Mother's Day celebration three years later at Andrews Methodist Episcopal Church. Since then, the church has been dubbed the "International Mother's Day Shrine." In 1914, President Woodrow Wilson signed a bill recognizing Jarvis' Mother's Day as a national holiday.

Take a moment to honor the Mothers who labored to bring us into this world. Remain in awe at the miraculous nature of life and He who created it. Say a special prayer for those who have passed and ask for a blessing upon those to follow.

Thank you, Mom. May the Lord keep you until we are together again.

13-May-18
Amen Pi, lost my Mom Nov 5th last yr. Was at my brother's house yesterday and remembered the pic I took last yr of my children and my niece that we gave her for Mothers day last yr. Stopped and realized how much I miss her, and what she did for the family.

13-May-18
Right on Pi. Moms are an amazing gift for sure...!

13-May-18
Gotta love mom. Helps out with the trimming and vacuum sealing, and is one hell of a cook! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there !

• Sitka Gear