canepole 23-May-18
EmbryOklahoma 24-May-18
swampokie 24-May-18
Crash 25-May-18
swampokie 25-May-18
canepole 26-May-18
swampokie 26-May-18
13-May-18
Hey guys just giving everyone a heads up you have a little over 24 hours to submit your application before the deadline. Good luck on the draw.

14-May-18
This is one of the first years ever that I will be ok if I don't draw. Ive been really lucky out of state in the draws this year so I will probly draw Wichita mts this year!! Oh well lets spin that wheel!

15-May-18
Swampokie I think drawing the Wichita elk tag even with a busy season would be one of those "good problems". I've struck out in the out of state draws so far although with my preference points I should be guaranteed my CO muzzleloader elk tag also should end up with 1 or 2 WY antelope doe tags so I'll be set. As for Oklahoma I have 7 points for elk and deer so I'm still screwed on elk but I have a decent shot at one of my deer hunt choices.

16-May-18
Guys, I have been putting in for the Oklahoma Elk for 40 years now and have (18) points. Hopefully I'll get drawn while I'm still able to hunt them. I have (14) points for deer now so I should hope to draw something soon, maybe disability!

16-May-18
I put in this year as always...hoping to finally draw McAllister this year

17-May-18
Micheal if u draw mcalester I hope it’s one of the last weekends. The first couple are tuff unless u like doe spike hunting.

22-May-18
I only put in the for last two weekends...which is why I have so many points and haven’t drawn

23-May-18
Michael, you swing for the fence don't you? I've been to McAlester four times. My first time was a rut hunt and I saw a Monster. It was the biggest deer I've ever seen out in the field. It was my first year (months) with a recurve and I missed two does. I have returned on the second weekend the last three times. It's hot in the afternoon but we all still see and sometimes shoot deer. I can tell from your pics you have some good spots to hunt but they still shoot a few big ones the first two hunts out there. It's a fun hunt and most everybody is great. I've made some really good friends from out there.

24-May-18
As far as Mcalester goes, I would never hunt those early hunts. Unless you just want to kill a doe, small buck or pig. Personally, I want to plant a rock. That's why I put in for the last three hunts. Latest being the first. That's when the big guys are out searching. Numbers show it. Good luck, Michael, maybe this will be your year to draw it. Best of luck to all of you on the draw and hopefully you pull that coveted tag in 2018.

24-May-18
I would stay away from last weekend in October too. I wouldn’t even consider it a wildcard. The only time I saw rocks buried that weekend was with an early arctic front. But more times than not even cold weather won’t help u the last week of October. More years than not the first weekend in November is still too early. The last weekend though is always premium too shelf snot blowin Rock buck action! Good luck!!!!

25-May-18
While I agree, in general, that the last weekend in October is vastly improved with a cold front, my last trip during that time was down right hot and a 10 most wanted fell. My group puts in for the last 3 weekends, have never drawn the final weekend though.

25-May-18
Anyone have any idea what percentage of pope and youngs are killed by white hats?

26-May-18
swampokie, since I enjoy going to Mac when ever I can I don't want to publicly criticize what they do there. I would gladly wager that for all the work those men do, they get the very best areas. They are privy to trail cam info, maybe baiting, and extra scouting if needed. They still have at an hour to an hour and half to get to their stands after all the hunters are in the field. Some of these men work all 5 weekends. In my four trips the white hats probably have accounted for 25-30% of the P&Y's. My last visit two years ago one of the young white hats killed two. Just my observations. I hope I don't sound like I'm bitching but you asked. Gene

26-May-18
The percentage of pope and young kills by white hats will be a lot lower last year and this year. Times are a Changing at mcaap! Some of the white hats do put in a lot of time and dedication. Some not so much. I put a lot of time in there myself and hats off to all involved. It’s a first class outfit!

• Sitka Gear