Mike F 21-May-18
skookumjt 22-May-18
sagittarius 22-May-18
RutnStrut 22-May-18
sagittarius 23-May-18
upnorth 24-May-18
17-May-18

MF's Link
Other Northern Counties should be added as well.

20-May-18
Ashland County cdac wanted buck only also but the wdnr is trying to over ride the cdac and wants 1200 doe tags. The hunter's of Ashland County are fighting back. So much for the cdac meeting and voice of the hunter's .

20-May-18
It actually works surprisingly well. In these two cases, the hunters overreacted. There is no justification for a zero quota.

20-May-18
"It actually works surprisingly well. In these two cases, the hunters overreacted. There is no justification for a zero quota."

+1 because that made me laugh. :-)

20-May-18
Yes late snow here took a toll on the deer glad they were listening here in Iron County

20-May-18
"There is no justification for a zero quota."

There certainly is quite a few northern counties where a zero quota for a few more years would be highly beneficial to the herd and the future of hunting. However others in power see it differently.

21-May-18
I spent the weekend in Iron County walking through a lot of the aspen regeneration that has been taking place over the past 3 years and cedar swamps. The woods look good, no sign of over brouse and plenty of sign. I also cam across plenty of garbage that hunters left in the woods off of the beaten path. I picked up 27 empty corn bags that were over a mile from the road. Apparently the use of corn was high last year and the laziness is still in high force. I found an area where someone left 2 empty corn bags and 15 empty 5-hour energy drink bottles. That stuff must not give you enough energy to carry 2 empty corn bags....

Bugs are bad, ticks not so bad. The woods are dry and in need of rain.

21-May-18
Skook. I invite to come to southern Ashland County and look for yourself . You don't know what you are talking about.

21-May-18
Minon Mike F you are so full of crap I have traveled for months Iron and Ashland County's this winter and spring and have not found ONE corn bag. ( ego magnification ) take your meds.

21-May-18
Idk..... I'd take Mikes observations over arrows.

21-May-18

Mike F's embedded Photo
Mike F's embedded Photo
Mike F's embedded Photo
Mike F's embedded Photo
Mike F's embedded Photo
Mike F's embedded Photo
Here are a few of the bags and other crap that we picked up over a mile from Moose Lake Road. Some people are slobs....

22-May-18
The deer population estimate in Ashland County is the highest it has been since 2007. People panicked over the April snowstorms but the fact of the matter is the winter was still in the moderate range.

22-May-18

sagittarius's Link
>>>--arrow1-->, "Ashland County cdac wanted buck only also but the wdnr is trying to over ride the cdac and wants 1200 doe tags. The hunter's of Ashland County are fighting back. So much for the cdac meeting and voice of the hunter's ."

Where did you get that info? March 13 preliminary local Ashland CDAC recommendation was a harvest quota of 766 antlerless. April 17 final Ashland CDAC, after April storm, recommendation was 0 antlerless harvest quota. The DNR recommends a Ashland County antlerless harvest quota of 400. It is now up to the Governor appointed Natural Resources Board to make final decision and approval May 23rd. Will the governor appointed Natural Resources Board side with the local Ashland CDAC at 0 quota, or DNR at 400 quota .... or try a compromise at maybe a 200 quota.... history could be made on May 23.

22-May-18
The DNR must feel it's much better to get bit in the ass again by not being proactive. This is why many camps are breaking up in the north. The DNR just doesn't give 2 shits about the northern deer herd or the northern deer hunter. I have tried hard to see it their way, but there aren't many that can understand that kind of incompetence.

23-May-18

sagittarius's Link
Iron county March 13 preliminary DNR recommendation was 400-500 antlerless harvest. Preliminary local CDAC recommendation was a antlerless harvest of 300. After snowstorm, April 17 final recommendation from both DNR and local CDAC is 0 antlerless harvest.

24-May-18
Don't see how it changes anything . last year I had 25 deer coming in . 11 bucks from spikes to a big 9 and 1 eight , of them I know 7 got shot plus I took the nine and don't know what happened to the 8 the only thing I had left in bucks at the end were two small spikes . So what does it gain if all the small bucks get shot . Just from what I have seen over the year with being a archery shop and registration station (15 + years ) I would say even though there were less deer when there was a doe season there were more bucks that made it to at least 2 1/2 years old . Just my opinion . I had a good year shot my biggest buck ever last year . I was in the stand for around 60 days and if he ( had no idea that he was around didn't show up on camera until the day I shot him ) didn't happen to come in I probably would of shot one of the spikes .

• Sitka Gear