drslyr 20-May-18
spike78 20-May-18
Moons22 20-May-18
bowandspear 20-May-18
awalk228 20-May-18
Will 21-May-18
Woodsman1987 21-May-18
19-May-18
Still trying to fill my last tag with the bow have atom working his way to me from accross the rd hope he does not hang up on me hope the rain holds off for a while

19-May-18
I hear ya Captain! I have a couple of different birds in 2 directions working but not committing to coming to play yet. Had a pair of deer at 5:50 at 70 yds while I was calling, quite curious. For once I have awhile this morning so hoping rain holds off too. Good luck all.

19-May-18
Good luck! I graduate from college today!

19-May-18
Good luck everyone . Moons that not till later, it's been legal light since like 5am. Congrats buddy, solid work !

19-May-18

19-May-18
Glad to see hunters out there today, haven't seen any activity on here lately. Good luck.

19-May-18
Just had 3 hens tip toe by. Hoping they are dragging some suiters. Moved the dekes and blind. They traveling same exact path as a week ago. Learning this spot. Congrats Moons! Enjoy your day!

19-May-18
Congrats Moons!! Another great milestone in your life. Good luck hunters!

19-May-18
Just had another hen walking around not happy with the dekes Where are the boys?

19-May-18
Good luck fellas!

Moons, congratulations! Grad school or applications for Police Academy?

19-May-18
Well 3 Jake's now. getting closer to what we want

19-May-18
Congrats, Moons!

19-May-18
Tried a spot today that I never turkey hunted but had turkeys on my cam last year. I had gobbles everywhere! Probably at least 4 to 6 different birds. And as usual they all walk the other way getting frustrated thats for sure but at least I have a new good turkey spot. Also saw a deer there. Congrats Moons!

19-May-18
Well my 3 Jake's had little tuffts of beards. 3 goofy buggers were scared of the dekes and jumping around and finally running off. Its's alright, i was waiting on your grand pappy anyway. At least some deer early morning with their little velvet growth to watch for a bit and finally had some birds around me. But before light i had gobbling everywhere. Good morning.

19-May-18
Congratulations Moons, that’s great! Now that you’re all educated, you should probably go over to the other thread and clear up this global warming thing.

19-May-18
spent most of the morning calling back and forth with a nice Tom Im calling him Blue, because he seemed to understand that those blue signs on the trees meant state land. Congratulations Moons.

19-May-18
Good going Mr Moons . Congratulations and so sorry for your entry into the " Real World". It's ugly out here ... I suggest you refuse your diploma and keep taking classes till your 50.

I agree with Jeb come on over to the other thread and enlighten ... them.

19-May-18
Wait, pics or it didn't happen !

19-May-18

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
The ol man turkey ninja warrior finally stumbles across a bird. Got up and to my spot a lil after light. Walked in to an oak flat on top of a ridge. Thats the furthest point I can hunt that property. All the young gear schlepping young bucks were busy doing other things so i regrettably had to run an gun alone. Stayed on the ridge a couple hrs. calling.......nothin so I moved down a few hundred yds. and called some mo. Nothing.....usually hens come.....nothin. Went further down for a last stand back toward the truck. called another half hr............nuthin.........

I decided to hunt a spot close by where I had had success in previous years. I scouted it twice preseason and saw no sign. Last ditch effort b4 the rain. Went up the new ridge (funny how its always up) (tough goin up but great coming down). Got to my spot waited about 5 min. and ripped off a hen call and got an immediate answer from I guesstimate 200 yds. I got pissed from all the birds answering this yr and not coming in.

I hold off any more calling and he's gobbling every 3 or 4 min. Sounds like he's going back and forth along the ridge calling the hen. Me. The hen continue not to call.

About 5 min. go by silent from him. I decide to just lightly cluck a few. He scream gobbles at me from under 100 yds. Now we wait. He shows in under a minute. He gobbles to the Dave Smith hen decoy at 50yds.

Of course he begins to circle away from my shooting side of the tree. I'm tryna get the GoPro on him but can't. He's at 35 yds. I'n one more second I won't be able to shoot cuz he's gotten too far around the tree.

He steps into my last hole to shoot thru. BOOM the mighty Remington 1100 with 30" barrel and extra full turkey choke speaks and the bird goes down. He doin the flipty flop tryna get up and or fly. I jump up with the GoPro and run after him. He was done by the time I got there.

There will be video at some point 2.7k 30fps. I missed the kill on video but the recovery in 2.7k on raw footage on a 55in screen is spectacular. unfortunately it will be downgraded to 1080p which is still high def.

So he comes in at a small 17lbs. 1" spurs and full length fan feathers. 9.5 in. beard. Funny thing is that he had no food in him.

19-May-18
no bird today just a calling exercise with the tom across the rd and congrats to moons yes now find a job that you can retire at 40 and enjoy life 40 y3ars later and still working

19-May-18
Slayer, congrats on a beauty !

19-May-18
Nice work drslyr!

19-May-18
And congrats Moons!

20-May-18
Very nice drslyr. That extra effort going up onto that last ridge paid off nicely. Congratulations.

And... Moons... congratulations on your graduation from college. Good stuff.

20-May-18

20-May-18

drslyr's Link

20-May-18
Congrats. MOONZ

20-May-18
Congrats drslyr!

20-May-18
Nice bird drslyr! Congrats. And thanks guys, I really appreciate it. It was a fun day but I'm feeling a bit foggy now! Will, I am currently in the hiring process for the fire department in my hometown. Man, that whole college thing flew by!!!

20-May-18
Congrats Slayer nice hunt.

20-May-18
Congrats on the bird slayer and congrats on graduating Moons!

21-May-18
Well done Drslyer!

21-May-18
Congrats, buddy. Nice bird and hell of a kill, particularly at this late stage of the season.

• Sitka Gear