Whocares 21-May-18
Hoot 21-May-18
ohiohunter 21-May-18
Whocares 21-May-18
trackman 21-May-18
Forest bows 21-May-18
squirrel 23-May-18
21-May-18
Looking for helpfully info. Thanks in advance.

21-May-18
The broadheads I assume. Been using 100 gr G5 Strykers for last five years. First four complete broadside pass throughs on bulls. Last year a sharp quartering away on a bull that entered just in front of the hip and went length wise through everything and protruding out the neck on the opposite side. All five were short recoveries. I've been impressed with them. Fly well. Blades super sharp. So see no reason to switch myself.

21-May-18
G5--Good BH and yes they will kill an animal, easy to sharpen but not the greatest of metal used. Damages easily and harder to resharpen.

I switched to VAP BH. Same design, stronger metal, holds sharpness, and resharpens very well.

Both the same price but the VAP seems of higher quality.

21-May-18
I use the Stryker with the replaceable blades so don't have to bother with sharpening. Haven't used the Montecs so don't know about the sharpening issues.

21-May-18
Archery mountain goat unit G5, I don’t have anything to tell you other than what I’ve dreamt about...

Congrats on the tag!

A coworker had that tag last year and took a nanny with his recurve. All I know is he took the train and hiked into the basin, was there for opening day and said there were only a few hunters in there, the rest must have been waiting for better hair I guess...

21-May-18
g5

21-May-18
Duh! I didn't think about G5 goat tag! Took Forest's thread in the wrong direction. Oh well, a little extra info.

21-May-18
Forest I will PM you

21-May-18
Yes goat hunt.

23-May-18
Terrain is generally quite flat, no need for any serious conditioning. Weather is mild and pleasant, no need to take more than a bag, but maybe also a tarp. Goats, huge ones are everywhere so it shouldn't take but a day, two at most, to tag out so just a couple ramen noodles will do ya for food.

You may want to read a couple stories I wrote in the general big game forums last winter about adventures in there. Old info but generally still valid. It is a wonderful place, right up until it tries to kill you.

• Sitka Gear