notme 23-May-18
huntskifishcook 23-May-18
Jebediah 23-May-18
Will 24-May-18
Jebediah 24-May-18
huntskifishcook 24-May-18
21-May-18
Climate Change Reconsidered climatechangereconsidered.org/

Once you read this you'll understand enough. NIPCC Climate Change Reconsidered 2 puts rational thought to the otherwise unchallenged religion of Climate change worshipers.

I gave ample time for the believers to post any proof ( a list of real effects of CO2 ) and not surprisingly, none was forthcoming. I will let NIPCC reports speak for themselves .

Unless provoked this will likely be the last post on this important subject. Happy reading . -Pi

21-May-18

Belchertown Bowman's Link
Real effects ?

I didn't realize you asked that Pi,.. honestly,.. I gave up reading your 5 page Treatises on global warming,.. I just couldn't take em anymore so I just pass over them,.. sorry.

So real efffects,... You mean like the acidification of the oceans? Or the lose of the great barrier reef? There are dozens that are occurring right now,.. you are just not open to seeing the scientific evidence,.. so why bother pointing them out to you? Scientists all over the world are screaming for us to wake up to what is happening,.. but if you are a closed mind,.. why bother,..?

What really worries me is if the perma frost melts and releases ass loads of methane into the atmosphere then it could cause a run away green house gas situation,.. meaning the warmer it gets,.. the more C02 is released,.. the warmer it gets,... but we can hope that will not occur,.. if it does ,.. Eh,..who cares,.. right? Those crazy scientists say that this has a real possibility of occurring.

Lastly,.. the website you link to is created by the Heartland institute,.. those are the same folks who fought that Tobacco was not bad for you in the 90's,.. remember them and their studies? They paraded their Fake News for years, and almost won. They are big money corporate shills,..

Here you can read about the Heartland Institute here,.. who funds them and what causes they champion,.. If you believe their bullshit on Tobacco from the 90's Pi,.. you are perfect to quote their Bullshit on Global Warming. It is the same exact tactic.

PS oil and gas industries are big contributors to this org.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Heartland_Institute

Oh shit am I "provoking" him?,.. someone shoot me now!

21-May-18

Will's Link
Ill take a look, that said, if the paper/info is put out by the Heartland Institute (not doubting you BB, I just haven't looked) that's not particularly helpful, other than being contrasting points.

This is one challenge in this sort of discussion. I could post up a lot of work from groups who's primary purpose is public interest: NASA, NOAA, international climate groups etc and they are sort of "black balled" (bad, but close enough term) by folks who disagree with AGW as Liberal Hacks or out to keep a hoax going etc.

Because of that Ill look at the link. I know people (Pi I'm not pointing at you, I'm talking generally) look at any gvmt group and assume it's infused with liberal bias and indoctrinating and perpetuating a hoax... Those folks could say "Hey Will, if you wont look, then you are already hook line and sinker into what "they" want you to believe..."

Fair. Ill look.

I enjoy "Skeptic" magazine. Maybe I'm not the trusting sort... Ha ha ha! Actually, it's a great mag and does some really good reviews of various ideas... It's almost a "debunking" magazine. Here's a neat article from there titled: "How we know global warming is real"

https://www.skeptic.com/reading_room/how-we-know-global-warming-is-real/

21-May-18
BB , Streight out of WIKI : Even the most simple search will lead you to investigate the real world dynamics of reef problems. Recently posted IE: The reefs off of Hawaii are being killed by chemicals in sunscreen use. Granted The earth is slightly warmer ( may be natural warming) the minor "acidification" is not a sole cause of reef death. That alone would not be enough. Read below. Poor water quality (pollution and human waste, runoff from coastal development ) Fishing (dragging of nets I presume) killer algae, etc. "Cumulative effects" is not CO2 alone. Sorry but no points for you BB.

"The GBRMPA consider climate change, poor water quality, coastal development, and some impacts from fishing to be the area's major threats, but reef scientists Jon Day, Bob Pressey, Jon Brodie and Hughes stated that the "cumulative effects of many combined impacts" is the real issue."

These highly accredited people comment on NIPCC work. BB, you're just shouting the made up talking points and polluting the air again. Reviews of Climate Change Reconsidered climatechangereconsidered.org/reviews-of-climate-change-reconsidered

BB, I know you haven't read the NIPCC reports ( you wouldn't dare read a scientific assessment of the reports put out by IPCC) It is 900 pages of clear thinking on every aspect of the science and methods. Take a tranquilizer and do some reading. The IPCC a UN construct set out to prove "negative impacts" of CO2, not to evaluate what is happening in our environment and its many contributions. That alone is suspicious and bad science and several leaders in the effort have been so infuriated by the manipulation and half-truths that fall from this Government organization that they just had to get out.

Maybe you trust the Government to tell the truth and not to conjure up things, I heard you're a big James Comey / Hillary Clinton / Mueller/Lynch / Obama / S. Rice/ and all the related ass swabs/ fan but your lying -cheating -manipulators -at the helm days- are done and yesterdays wastewater. Time for a good flush and that will kill off your reefs for sure. But it ain't CO2 buddy boy.

21-May-18
Climate Change Reconsidered climatechangereconsidered.org/

Once you read this you'll understand enough. NIPCC Climate Change Reconsidered 2 puts rational thought to the otherwise unchallenged religion of Climate change worshipers.

21-May-18
Peer-Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global ... https://www.forbes.com/.../peer-reviewed-survey-finds-majority-of-scientists-skeptical...

21-May-18
'97% Of Climate Scientists Agree' Is 100% Wrong - Forbes https://www.forbes.com/sites/.../2015/.../97-of-climate-scientists-agree-is-100-wrong/

21-May-18
Putting the 'con' in consensus; Not only is there no 97 per cent ... https://www.fraserinstitute.org/.../putting-con-consensus-not-only-there-no-97-cent-co..

21-May-18
Publications - Why Scientists Disagree about Global Warming ... https://www.heartland.org/publications.../why-scientists-disagree-about-global-warmin.

21-May-18
List of scientists who disagree with the scientific consensus on global ... https://en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_scientists_who_disagree_with_the_scientific_conse...

21-May-18
BB after your done reading and your head explodes, maybe you'll have something coherent to add to the big boy's discussion. Till then, go back to school and not as a teacher. Well, I guess the brain dead kids in the hills need someone to spoon feed them so carry on with your good work.

And don't bullsh*t me BB . You are reading every word.

21-May-18
TT-PI. I am definitely impressed by your willingness to read up, but I think it is really important to look into where the information is coming from. The Heartland Institute is definitely not a respected source among scientists: see this article about leaks about how it keeps climate skeptic on its payroll and is funded by energy companies: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/feb/15/leak-exposes-heartland-institute-climate

Here is some reading I suggest. Please let me know if you have specific things in here you would think are incorrect and I will try to address them specifically. https://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar4/wg1/ar4-wg1-chapter1.pdf https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/science/temperature-is-rising#.WwNpa1WnGM8 https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/science/cold-snow-climate-change.html#.WwNpblWnGM8

Scientists do acknowledge humans are not the sole cause, but are a major contributor: https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/science/human-contribution-to-gw-faq.html#.WwNpfVWnGM8

Summary of peer reviewed publications documenting that the overwhelming majority of scientists agree humans are a major cause of climate change: https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/science/scientists-agree-global-warming-happening-humans-primary-cause#.WwNphlWnGM9 The Forbes article you linked to saying only 36% of scientists agree with climate change was an opinion piece that interpreted the findings of a low quality publication incorrectly.

And, finally, no one with any scientific credibility says we are 100% certain about anything. Rather we have high confidence based on evidence. Scientists certainly acknowledge there are many unanswered questions, but based on the preponderance of evidence, there is a very high degree of confidence that humans are a leading contributor to climate change. See: https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/science/certainty-vs-uncertainty.html#.WwNpl1WnGM8

22-May-18
How do funding and the need for it, change the objections they have to the methods and some of the conclusions they disagree with. The objections are intellectually valid or not, regardless of the affiliation. In fact, you could make the same argument for those who receive government grants. What objections from the NIPCC to the IPCC reports are off base?

From your reading assignment : -18- From first "document" real or not, I can't say. "H. Global Warming Curriculum for K-12 Schools Many people lament the absence of educational material suitable for K-12 students on global warming that isn’t alarmist or overtly political. Heartland has tried to make material available to teachers but has had only limited success. Principals and teachers are heavily biased toward the alarmist perspective. Moreover, material for classroom use must be carefully written to meet curriculum guidelines, and the amount of time teachers have for supplemental material is steadily shrinking due to the spread of standardized tests in K-12 education." Not exactly a confession of being disingenuous.

This and several other similar statements defend their position and intention to get their points across in an otherwise myopic education system.

"Science acknowledges humans are not the sole cause"... Well, that's a relief. And exactly the purpose of the dissenting voice. Again the findings of the NIPCC has given cause for fair dialogue and rational responses to IPCC. The addition of opinions that ramp up the severity of the IPCC reports are the problem. X-President O' and John the snitch Kerry among other cronies add their desired twist to the science, making it more than the report states as facts. Political manipulation at work.

The original 97% number was a finding of a handful of folks in an obscure survey and is not a realistic number. No one ever took a survey of the vast majority of earth scientists. and I see you didn't comment on the list of Scientist provided by WIKI who disagree with the catastrophic position. Seems like a well-accomplished bunch to me. Unless you have such a document that denies them in favor of 97% then it is not a provable point. More likely a fabrication. Even when the true number as some say , is something closer to 70% believe in man-made climate change then there is a serious disagreement. Several articles have examined this with the same findings. It is not that most don't believe we have an effect it is to the point that our effect is not as great as the alarmist people would have you believe. And upon further investigation, it is found that a substantial number of scientist do not think we should implement drastic measures in our economic policy regarding this. That is the point. All things considered, it is not the best course of action.

I have read all or most of your articles . Same old stuff without much substance. I believe we do have an effect on our natural world. That is not in dispute. But the projections are disputed on many fronts. The proposed Catastrophic events of the future are the projections and fantasies that scare people unnecessarily. Our planet is a changing dynamic place. ( look at Hawaii right now ) The ring of fire is active. Forest fires happen. People are usually to blame. Weather changes and unless you have a crystal ball for which we can use to look into the future we will have a very hard time deciding what should have been or could have been "if only we didn't live here."

Let's fight real pollution, erosion, runoff, land use, forest decimation, and practice energy conservation, sound farming practices. Let's get the Chinese and India to cut back on emissions and real pollution such as smog ( apparently Ozone as well ) so we are not fighting a pointless battle on one side of the globe while they run wild on the other.

A warming earth does not create drastic weather, quite the opposite. We are in a relatively calm period. It is true that a local warm water body can increase the volume of a storm but most of the warm spots are a result of shifting currents and there is nothing we can do about that. Nothing we did made them either.

Read Freeman Dyson. He will educate you with a sober approach to climate and economic policy. Since all the solar and wind projects we can muster up will not meet our energy needs, we are stuck with burning, like it or not, until some magic resource is discovered. Till then we must role with what mother nature puts out, we always have had to. I think that is the point.

22-May-18
Alright, who poked the bear ??!!!!

22-May-18
Argue the evidence .

The Reproductive Tolerance of a Temperate Coral to Ocean Acidification

Paper Reviewed Gizzi, F., de Mas, L., Airi, V., Caroselli, E., Prada, F., Falini, G., Dubinsky, Z. and Goffredo, S. 2017. Reproduction of an azooxanthellate coral is unaffected by ocean acidification. Scientific Reports 7: 13049, DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-13393-1.

Introducing the reason for their study, Gizzi et al. (2017) write that "sexual reproduction represents a crucial process in the development and persistence of populations and its reduction threatens the resilience of species, leading to shifts in size and abundance of populations." Despite this importance, however, very few studies have examined the effects of ocean acidification on the sexual reproduction of corals. And for those that do, they are typically conducted in a laboratory setting, which often is quite different from conditions that exist in the complex natural environment.

Hoping to add some knowledge about the impact of ocean acidification on the sexual reproduction of a temperate coral in its natural environment, the team of eight researchers set out to conduct such an experiment in naturally acidified waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea (36.64°N, 15.11°E). There, a volcanic vent off the coast of Italy (the Panarea CO2 vent) emits nearly pure CO2 into the surrounding seawater, creating a natural pH gradient expanding outward from the vent some 34 meters.

Within these waters, Gizzi et al. transplanted sexually mature specimens of a temperate azooxanthellate solitary scleractinian coral (Leptopsammia pruvoti), which were obtained from a location less than 2 km away from the vent site, into one of four sites with mean seawater pH values representing conditions of normal (8.07), intermediate (7.87 and 7.74) and severe (7.40) ocean acidification. After three months, the scientists measured a number of reproductive parameters of the transplanted corals, attempting to discern if there were any effects of the differing seawater pH regimes.

Results of the analysis revealed, in the words of the authors, that the solitary non-zooxanthellate L. pruvoti showed "no effects on gametogenesis, spermatogenesis and embryogenesis along the pH gradient," which findings suggest that the "reproductive potential may be quite tolerant to decreasing pH" and that L. pruvoti "will be fine in [the] coming decades."

22-May-18
Hey Death,..

BB slinks away to the back of the room,.. LOL

PI Why all the new global warming threads started by you?

22-May-18
Make your case against this real world, highly accomplished Scientists: Be sure to read their resume. Then their reasoning. I've done it. They pass the sniff test.

List of scientists who disagree with the scientific consensus on global ... https://en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_scientists_who_disagree_with_the_scientific_conse..

22-May-18
Hahahha I always have to make a joke when the topic gets a little more educated than my college degree. lol

22-May-18
Well BB, I was trying to make a joke about the Volcanic activity in Hawaii and people began to turn it into something else. I don't mind playing along. Then you made a few rude comments to me and the results are my posting sources that people can read for themselves. Keep it up and Ill double down until I get bored with educating you to the world beyond progressive echo chambers.

BB, Your posts often slip in snippy or misleading remarks on a subject that concerns me and clearly come from a progressive source. I do enjoy the other things that you bring to the site, your often informative and interesting. But regarding politics and the environmental policies ... Well, I don't like the progressive movement. I have been civil in my presentation and you get personal. I sometimes respond in kind but would not do so if I was not provoked. So basically I posted the serious discussion to those who showed genuine interest and to you I just take you for your silly business and let you have it.

Thanks for the question.

22-May-18
No harm DFA , Humor is a good thing.

22-May-18
Well tell ya what Pi,.. lets disarm,..

I have never started a thread about global warming on the bow hunting site,.. how about you do the same?

I bet most here would like that,.. just a wild guess.

They have places and discussion forums for global warming and you can post your Heartland Institute articles over there?

22-May-18
I bet you would like that. No thanks. But I try never to strike first BB.

I think there is room to talk about our physical environment, social policies and subjects that relate to our hunting interests and I appreciate such discussions. Those things include our governments (local / State and Federal) actions and attitudes. It is relevant. No harm in not reading peoples post. It doesn't cost a thing. Maybe some people are learning or discovering or taking an interest in new things. I have had no negative P/M's to lead me to think otherwise. ( all welcome to do so )

What I will agree to is, to try to ignore your inflaming statements and mischaracterizing of my position on the subjects at hand. I'm not good at that and maybe never will be. Pussification is not my thing. If you continue to make such statements and comments I will likely defend myself accordingly.

There are places for your snippy horshigit and you can play with them all you want. But where I am is where I stand tall.

22-May-18
And my apologies Pi for being snippy,.. I will cut that out.

22-May-18
OK , apology accepted. Thank you. I also hope I have not offended you too deeply. If so, I apologize. No hard feelings. - Pi

22-May-18

Will's Link
Had to: In the word's of the famous R. King... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

Serious question, this would be a neat sociological/cultural study... Has anyone ever conducted a study of climate related scientists - ideally those who have published in peer reviewed journals on AGW/CC to look at how the results of their research fall - relative to their self proclaimed Liberal / Conservative mentality?

I may pubmed that to see.

As for bias infecting study... My experiences show that University and public fund studies, while I'm sure it sneaks in... they seem to have less results pressure than private sector studies or privately funded studies.

Great example from a previous career in research. We were testing the impact of a mushroom species on human endurance. We had, for sports science and nutriceutical research a big cohort, almost 600 folks started, about 500 finished the study. We did a solid amount of analysis, blood chem changes, time to exhaustion, aerobic power, electrophysiology etc. It was a solid, double blind placebo controlled trial. No crossover, which would have added to it... but the funds weren't there.

Long story short, the data showed zilch. Maybe trend towards something good (smidge more time to exhaustion) but it didnt have statistical significance, not even close.

So, we get a visit from the company who payed for the trial, their PhD's, who proceeded to mine the snot out of our data, still finding nothing... Until eventually, they just settled on this, paraphrased, it's been almost 20 years "Cordyceps Sinesis may increase endurance!". Ham sandwiches might as well - with just as much statistical power...

I saw that several times....

When a company pays, they want results. Doesnt mean it will always be there. Heck, in the paper that was published on it they didnt fudge anything, if you READ the full paper you would see that. But they titled it pretty much what I paraphrased above, making for a very nice marketing byline for the company.

Again, not saying U or fed/gvmt grants are exempt from bias. Just that in work we collaborated on or that I've seen... there is less than when looking at corporately funded research.

And please note, that's not saying ALL corporate research is bogus. That's just as untrue.

22-May-18
No offense, no hard feelings,..

But maybe listen to your own words also about being snippy,.. see post 3 above.

Most likely that was posted prior to seeing my apology,..

Take care Pi,.. no bad feelings here.

22-May-18
Yup . Post was in the works and posted blindly to what is being posted at that moment. Sometimes things get out of order that way. Take care BB. Same here.

22-May-18
To your point Will. (Below) Duke shoved her under the Bus but there is evidence of their prior knowledge. ( other search yielded ) To the tune of 200 million bucks in gov grants. Those statements that "such and such "may be" bla bla bla " is exactly the kind of thing we find all over the place in this field of study. People can't help suck up to the paycheck Teat.

Please note I am not saying all people have no integrity. But if you don't quit or get fired now and again for standing up ... well, you know , little piggies.

Duke admits faked data “potentially affected” grant applications ... https://retractionwatch.com/.../duke-admits-faked-data-potentially-affected-grant-appli...

22-May-18
Regarding IPCC data and the process it undergoes, before it goes out to the public and with regard to policymaking.

"Government representatives are not permitted to edit these book-length reports. In the end, it is the authors who bear the sole responsibility for the content of their chapters. Government representatives, however, do participate in the line-by-line review and revision of the much shorter summary for policymakers, or SPM, for each technical report.

Imagine that? Government representatives ... review and (REVISE) revision for the summery of Policymakers. Hhmm. Stinky town.

22-May-18
Holy crap, I got tears running down my cheeks from laughing so hard. You guys are killing me, its all way over my head, but thanks anyways !

22-May-18
I'm with you, xi... goes way over my head, too. And, I intend to leave it there.

Now-a-days, those who say it's a hoax are winning the day... thanks to Trump & EPA Administrator, Scott Pruitt who are taking steps to undo previous efforts to fight climate change. For the sake of all of us, they better be right!

22-May-18
Yup, imagine spending trillions of dollars on something without being sure it is necessary or even effective action. It is far less expensive to fix the problems that come up if the probability is strong that the "changes" are manageable. Such is the case. Changes are in dispute and often exaggerated.

For instance: the proposition of greater damage by storms is calculated on 6 degrees of Global warming and that is not a reasonable temperature increase. 1-2 degrees over the next century is more realistic at the current rate of increasing output. Even if it was a 6 degrees change ( won't happen), the addition of storm intensity would be added rain at around 10-15 % which is not a great thing but on top of 2-4 feet of water is really not worth measuring. However, the frequency of storms would also decrease ( a warmer planet works that way). That's a good thing.

So no worries Xi, Jimbo, the climate is not going to "run away" ... it doesn't work like that.

22-May-18
"The amount of influence that CO2 has is almost maxed out, More is just more."

Could you site your source for this statement,.. I would really like to see that one.

Thank you.

22-May-18
This is what the IPCC said. With " Confidence " ... its " Likely" ... Could be less than 1.5 but the" best estimate " is 3 degrees. or maybe as much as 4.5 what? when/ if the PPm gets to 800ppm? Never gonna happen. And if it does they still don't calculate the Water vapor, cloud, and responding air movement. That's real :Scientificy" and so accurate and detailed .... whaaa haa haah

” Nevertheless, the IPCC has expressed confidence in projections of future climate, saying the temperature sensitivity of Earth’s climate system in response to a doubling of atmospheric CO2 concentrations “is likely to be in the range 2°C to 4.5°C with a best estimate of about 3°C, and is very unlikely to be less than 1.5°C"

This is the guess of IPCC. however : To understand one part of this, one must understand the whole of it.

Maybe it would be easier if you provide the math or equation that is being used by the IPCC to guess at their guesstimate. Clearly, they don't have it figured mathematically or there would be a much smaller fudge factor.

22-May-18
Source please,.. show me it,.. Pi I would love it if you could show me a scientist who is not funded by the oil industry who says that,.. I would love it,.. so please show me where one of them said that?

""The amount of influence that CO2 has is almost maxed out, More is just more.""

Could you site your source for this statement,.. I would really like to see that one.

Thank you Pi.

22-May-18
Why is this shit on bowsite? Last time i checked this was a hunting forum. Take your bullshit political argument somewhere else. Theres plenty of other forums for this crap. I get it, its important. But its getting old. Its the same people just arguing back and forth and it is ruining this site. This site used to be a lot better a couple years ago. Don't turn this forum into facebook.

22-May-18
Your point is understood bigwoodsbucks22 , sorry to be such a bother to you. What hunting subject should we focus on today? Feel free to start a topic and I will read your post .

22-May-18
Kind of went off on a rant there but i hate this crap. It turns friends into enemies and dilutes good content. Lets talk summer scouting. I am starting to fall behind. Been seeing of bunch of dead deer on the road but no fawns yet. Anyone seeing fawns yet?

22-May-18
Agreed,.. i think A rant was warrented. There are other forums to share you views on global warming.

22-May-18
Maybe global warming is effecting deer movement this spring and that has them getting road slammed. Just a thought.

22-May-18
I was lost until i read the part about sex and salt water...it reminded me of a time way back when i was performing the hinlik manuver on a girl in long island sound...watched the better part of me come back at me on the incoming tide..ewww its yours now i dont want it...lol

23-May-18
This thread should be on the Bowsite's Community Forum... it exists for the purpose of arguing stuff like this... doesn't belong here on a state forum.

23-May-18
BB - sorry about the frustrations there. Speaking for me only, I've got zero issues with other thoughts on AGW/CC. It's interesting because I'm a science nerd and earthy crunchy to boot (feel like I just started a 12 step program saying that), so I find it cool to discuss.

Noooo Jimbo... I'm going to slowly ween myself off the CF I think... it's toooo much. :)

23-May-18
Notme always comes in and lightens the threads up lol. I don’t believe in global warming but I better stay out of this.

23-May-18
Well, now you guys have probably destroyed my marriage...I’ve discovered the “Community Forum”...

23-May-18
Good luck over there, Jeb... they eat their dead.

;o)

23-May-18

notme's Link
https://youtu.be/v4jSdXkVJg0

By the time mankind finally realizes what theyve done itll be way too late..for all we know it may be too late now, we're just squeezing a few more quid out of her..we've already had our path unkowingly chosen for us..so sit back and enjoy the ride

23-May-18
Holy shit.......I didn't even know there was a community forum. Are those actual living breathing humans typing all that nonsense!? It's worse than facebook.

23-May-18
Naw, they have a thread about chainsaws. I like chainsaws.

24-May-18
I was lured in to the CF when a main hunting form thread about some MLB guy who hunted having issues with AR's was moved over there. At first I liked that the ideas were so different from my own that it helped spur deeper thought. But, it's just to much of a downer... So while I'm pulled to look, I'm trying to reduce my time. I need to get back to 50% Ma Forum, 40% CT Forum and 10% big forum... for my Bowsite time. All of which should be considerably shorter ha ha ha!

24-May-18
Come on guys. CHAINSAWS!

24-May-18
I'm with you on that one, Jeb. I love my chainsaw!

• Sitka Gear