casekiska 19-Jul-18
Turkeyhunter 19-Aug-18
Turkeyhunter 19-Aug-18
Turkeyhunter 19-Aug-18
skookumjt 19-Aug-18
Live2hunt 20-Aug-18
casekiska 20-Aug-18
23-May-18
I have seen two fawns so far near the house. Anyone else seeing them?

23-May-18
Saw one fawn today almost in camp. It was bedded within five yards of the back of a small shed I have. Sauk County, near Plain. It did get up and take off but on very wobbly legs and seemed to not know what to do,...ran this way...ran that way...looked lost...then bedded again only fifty yards away.

23-May-18
I saw 3 today by the dells.

23-May-18
Have not seen or heard of anyone else seeing any up here in Northern Bayfield County

23-May-18
I saw 2 and momma last weekend in Pierce county. They were at least a week old and were bouncing around quite well. We were out for my wife's turkey season, that made her season.

23-May-18
While walking the horse trails at High Cliff State Park this morning my old lab found the legs of a fawn from this year. The rest of the fawn was gone. Lots of coyotes this year both here and where I was turkey hunting. Those coyotes looked very healthy that I have seen.

24-May-18
seen 2 with mom this A.M. crossing thru the back of yard.

24-May-18
Mom and single fawn last Friday, early evening.

24-May-18
These sound like week or 2 fawns. So were the does bred in mid October?

24-May-18
The 2 I seen were getting around just fine, I am assuming at least a week old, if not more.

24-May-18
Tweed, gestation is usually right around 200 days. That would put the fawns my my wife and I seen at a mid to late Oct conception. We always have a few early breeders in our area.

25-May-18
None yet... have seen many deer near home but only one that looked knocked up.

30-May-18
Anymore new fawns?

30-May-18
I saw a fawn that looked to be a week or 2 old walking across a wide open field around noon yesterday with its mother in Barron County.

30-May-18
Up at my deer hunting property,...on a regular basis now,...seeing a good number of deer,...moms with fawns, singles and doubles. Just this a.m., got within 30 yards of a doe nursing a fawn,...the doe took off,...when she did the fawn dropped right down and hid in the grass. The fawn became invisible. As soon as I traveled on I could see the the doe go right back to the fawn. Nature's way, a mom's love.

30-May-18
Two fawns in my backyard with mama last week.

30-May-18

smokey's embedded Photo
smokey's embedded Photo
Memorial day near my place west of Seeley, WI. This fawn isn't more than a few hours old.

30-May-18
Fantastic pic!

30-May-18
I know I have around 6 does around my 15 acre home. It's quite the funnel area surrounded by green fields and a nice cool creek. I haven't observed and fawns but I do my best to stay out of the woods.

30-May-18
I saw two on opposite ends of a client's property today. I walked up within a few feet of each of them and they bolted as soon as I saw them. They must have been a little older.

30-May-18
Yesterday afternoon I saw the two I seen a week ago . Haven,t seen any new ones, but I haven't been out much. Plan on doing some scouting tomorrow, maybe that will change.

30-May-18
I was out shooting my bow tonight and saw a very pregnant looking doe walk into the brushy fenceline near our house. We don't see many deer here on the home place being on the edge of town with nothing but fields real close. But we do seem to have a doe use this brushy fenceline to have her fawn(s) every year.

30-May-18
1st Fawn spotted in Lincoln cty . Splattered all over the road next to a Snapper that someone ran over .

Lots of inconsiderate idiots running loose .

31-May-18
I saw a few does out on the islands at the lake our cabin is on. They tend to go out there to drop fawns. I'm expecting to see some this weekend while fly fishing gills.

31-May-18
I just came back from 5 days in Douglas and Bayfield counties. Saw some does but no fawns. Some of the does had ribs showing.

31-May-18
If they just dropped those fawns, you generally don't see them much until they get a little older and more able to run.

31-May-18
I was out this morning doing some scouting. I seen one fawn, just a couple days old. I also seen a couple does that looked rather big in the belly. Saw a few nice brookies in the creek and came across a bear in the distance on my way out. What a great morning. Life is good.

31-May-18
Has anyone observed a doe purposely hide a fawn near human scent/dwellings ect? Multiple times we've had rabbits den within arms reach of dog kennels-guessing for protection??

01-Jun-18

Bucktine's embedded Photo
Saw a fawn with injured eye on my bike ride.

01-Jun-18

Saw this fawn with an injured eye.
Saw this fawn with an injured eye.
Saw a fawn with injured eye on my bike ride.

01-Jun-18
Great pics guys. Smokey, you are especially good at being in the right place at the right time and capturing the moment.

01-Jun-18
GoJakesGo - to answer your question about fawns near human dwellings...go back to the second post on this thread where I mention a fawn being bedded within a few yards of one of the sheds in my camp. We have seen this sort of thing before up there, always fun & good to see.

01-Jun-18
First one memorial day, this morning saw one having a nurse, a tad smaller than the one in smokey's photo, not up to the knee joint with it's back. And mama looks scary with that shedding coat.

18-Jul-18
As the raspberry, fruits, and garden in the yard begin to ripen, fawns have been appearing. Pretty sure I have about 6 fawns (Single, twins, and triplets-they are much bigger than the others) As I do yard work or enjoy a campfire I can often spot a doe or two in the woods so im assuming they are bedding close to the my yard. Most fawns are as tall as a turkey which seems small doesn't it?

18-Jul-18
Go Jakes—I’ve actually encountered bigger fawns than average the past two weeks here in central Wisconsin. I’ve yet to see twins, which probably plays into the equation though. Overall, am impressed with the deer numbers.

19-Jul-18
I'm catching a couple of single fawns on camera with their mothers. A lot of does with no fawns. Still too many predators around here. A friend told earlier this summer me he was seeing two different does with one fawn each on islands. One doe was swimming back to the island and he later saw a fawn nursing from her. I imagine what a great way to help her young from being taken from predators.

19-Jul-18
I'm seeing tons of fawns in Rusk County. I had a doe with twins at the house and another at my shop but I haven't seen either pair for a week or so.

19-Jul-18
Every doe I've seen within 5 miles of my place (about 8-10 does) has all had twins with them, I must have put a good dent in the coyote population this winter!

19-Jul-18
Spent about four hours up at the cabin/hunting property this a.m. Just did misc stuff around camp, stuff that needed to be done that I'd been putting off. Saw 2 adult doe, four fawns and one "unknown" (big body though). Beautiful morning. Not a mosquito anywhere to be found!

19-Aug-18

Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Morning - August 6th, 2018

19-Aug-18

Sunset - Same day - August 6th, 2018

19-Aug-18

Four days ago - August 15th, 2018

19-Aug-18
I have noticed both unusually large and small fawns in the past few weeks. Had a really big one do it's best to have me run it over on Friday. Guessing a young buck.

20-Aug-18
I've noticed larger fawns around our house in Eau Claire area, and smaller fawns at our cabin in Phillips. On a good note, there was a doe with triplets by Phillips.

20-Aug-18

casekiska's embedded Photo
8-16-18, a few yards from the cabin. A fawn takes shelter under a picnic table leaning against a storage shed.
casekiska's embedded Photo
8-16-18, a few yards from the cabin. A fawn takes shelter under a picnic table leaning against a storage shed.

casekiska's Link

• Sitka Gear