Nocturnal 29-May-18
smokey 30-May-18
Drop Tine 30-May-18
albino 31-May-18
SteveD 01-Jun-18
Helgermite 01-Jun-18
DoorKnob 01-Jun-18
25-May-18
I ran out to check on a food plot for a client this morning and the bugs were relentless. Been a while since I have seen them that bad. Bring spray if you're going out to play this weekend.

25-May-18
Last weekend in Waupaca County they were terrible

25-May-18
Be back up at the cabin after Tuesday ,,,,,,,,, so far they have not been an issue, guess I will find out, on the trout stream, at night,,,,,, I have been turkey hunting Washington County, they are no problem here

25-May-18
I really noticed them Wednesday afternoon up here while doing some yard work. They were out in force that afternoon!!!

25-May-18
Terrible here, I spray down before I go outside to do anything. Ticks are not too bad though.

25-May-18
I noticed the explosion around me last Sunday. I cannot recall them being this bad for several years. As stated, the ticks really are not bad though——if there is a bright side to it. Arm yourselves heavily before going into the woods!

25-May-18
So far I have only had 1 tick on me but haven’t been in the back field much. I’ll take the skeeters over the ticks!

25-May-18
Last Saturday morning it was terrible for the 15 minutes or so it took the Thermacell to kick in. After that it was only bad around the truck while putting gear away.

25-May-18
Skeeters are bad in Adams county also.

25-May-18
I'd like to explode ALL skeeters ...

25-May-18
Terrible dry by me - Oneida County. Yet to use dug spray. Saw my first skeeter yesterday.

25-May-18
Was Trout fishing a remote lake Wed nite . The Skeeters were beyond control , just horrible .

On a normal year we have a solid hatch about mid April & then a hard freeze wipes them out .

With record cold & snow all of April the Skeeters were never whacked . This is the worst in many years .

28-May-18
In Sauk County, take a bath in Deet!

28-May-18
deer flies have now arrived

28-May-18
I played my "pipes" for my parents this morning, early, at their graveside. Wasn't doing the kilt garb...thank God!

Couldn't help but think anybody clad in a kilt in true Scottish "commando" fashion would surely regret it...lol!

29-May-18
Been doing some landscaping work and was outside all day yesterday near Hayward. No skeeters during the day, as I was about to quit around 7 PM a few started to chase me. Pretty dry area except where there are lakes, I would guess that most of the woods is terrible.

29-May-18
I sprayed that cutters stuff at our cabin, very few skeeters. The places I didn't spray were terrible.

29-May-18
After the recent rains in Oneida County, I was eaten up yesterday morning when packing to head home. They were relentless.

29-May-18
they are horrible in Wausau..

29-May-18
Worked in the garden this morning,spayed down 3 times, and still got eaten alive....terrible.

29-May-18
Skeeters are not bad by us but the gnats are. Almost wish for skeeters because I could spray down. I used Cutter yesterday and it did not even slow those gnats a bit. Tried Deep Woods Off on Sunday, did not help either. I heard Vanilla extract but smelling like a cup cake just seems like it a bad idea. Ha

Bill

29-May-18

smokey's embedded Photo
smokey's embedded Photo
We aren't the only ones suffering!

29-May-18
One word: Thermocell.

29-May-18
Smokey you should put that on your main web site. Bowsite pictures are not great.

30-May-18
I have it on there, just updated a few photos. I had some problems with uploading for a few days. The problem was solved by unplugging, letting my modem cool down for a few minutes then rebooting my modem.

30-May-18
It’s the damn Russians. I was reading today the FBI is recommending small businesses and home modems to be rebooted. It disrupts something with malware from them. No fooling.

31-May-18
Yes, I did reboot my modem yesterday also. The skeeters were not around till this a.m. here in Jefferson County. They must have had a good hatch last night as I was unprepared & was wiping them off my arms in bloody masses. My Turkey hunting cloths are all treated but I think I would have heard them as thick as they are now.

01-Jun-18
I have a part time route job during the mid morning and early afternoon hours that takes me out in the country I also and have noticed increased deer movement and activity in those areas which never seen much before the past few years. Could be the "bug" weather and increased mosquitos? Gotta be making it hard on the deer.

01-Jun-18
I saw two does in two totally different spots literally bedded down in a open dirt fields less that 50 yds from the road in broad daylight. One was in the morning the other was in the early afternoon. My guess is there are less bugs where they bedded than back in the brush.

01-Jun-18
The deer tails here are on high twitch setting.

• Sitka Gear