RamDreamer 25-May-18
RamDreamer 25-May-18
Adventurewriter 25-May-18
Colomark 25-May-18
Highway Star 26-May-18
bad karma 27-May-18
ohiohunter 27-May-18
25-May-18
After 3 years of going back and forth I’ve decided to put a break on my tikka 300 win mag. Anybody have any recommendations for a gunsmith? Barrel needs threading and brake installed. Hoping for a brake that won’t blow out my ear drums.

Anybody have any input on high tech customs in Colorado Springs?

I know the pros and cons of a brake so hoping to keep this from going that direction if possible!

25-May-18
Bart Miller at Legacy Gunsmithing. His shop is inside the Centennial Gun Club. I've been going to him since I found him years ago at Bass Pro, where he ran that gunsmithing department until corporate closed it.

Rich R. at High Tech Customs built a rifle for me. If they are closer to you, he's great.

Most all brakes indeed will blow out your ear drums. Don't shoot or be near a rifle with one unless you have hearing protection on/in. Mag-na-porting doesn't create the same situation that other brakes do, but you'd have to send your barreled action to them as they are in Michigan. The rifles I hunt with most are Mag-na-ported.

25-May-18
Mistaken double post...

25-May-18
Love breaks...

25-May-18
I had the gunsmith at Magnum put a brake on mine last year. It was done very well. I’m not sure if the same guy is there or not.

26-May-18
Mag-na-port, cheap and not as unattractive as most other brakes.

Scott

27-May-18
Kevin Weaver in the Springs knows his stuff, as does Bart Miller.

27-May-18
Not my thing, but I would definitely not get a radial break. Long range hunting . Com has been my go to for rifle related topics. Tons of valuable info.

• Sitka Gear