Treeline 28-May-18
Jaquomo 28-May-18
Glunt@work 28-May-18
Brun 28-May-18
Brun 28-May-18
tradi-doerr 28-May-18
colohunter87 29-May-18
27-May-18
Just a heads up Buffalo Horn Ranch again is trying to exchange land with BLM in the Northwest part of Colorado in the Strawberry Creek area. Its a win,win, situation for Buffalo Horn and a lose,lose situation for public and wildlife. Short story ,the parcels Buffalo Horn would gain are prime hunting areas. If the exchange goes thru they will control the ridges tops, main water sources and key access points that the public now has the opportunity to use . It would let Buffalo Ranch control over more BLM property for their hunters. Please submit via email to [email protected] your comments. BLM will accept public comments through June 6. Once again the public suffers at the hands of a big money corporation. its not the people obligation to make more money for Buffalo Ranch. Thanks

27-May-18
Has a petition been started??

28-May-18
not sure

28-May-18
Letter of objection sent. Thanks for posting this, and please everyone, send a note to the BLM, it just takes a minute. Goelk, do you know which side of Strawberry Creek these proposed BLM pieces are on?

28-May-18
Sent

28-May-18
Is there a link to more information on the proposed land swap?

28-May-18
What does the BLM get in return?

When my lifelong elk spot was traded by the BLM, they got a building in Denver in the trade and the USFWS got some prime waterfowl nesting area to add to the Refuge. It was a win-win for everyone except me and a few other hunters.

28-May-18
I Googled the exchange and read the proposal. Hard to have an opinion without looking at the parcels in person. The BLM is saying it improves hunter access but considering the cost and effort the ranch is taking on to get this done, I would expect they are looking at it as gaining some valuable land.

28-May-18
Glunt, could you see whether the land the ranch is trying to get is on the west or the east of Strawberry Creek? I am somewhat familiar with the east side, and any loss of public land [other than a couple of very small landlocked parcels] on that side could not be good news for the public. It's not a huge area of BLM to begin with. If it's on the west side there is a lot more BLM and I don't know much about it. I am pretty much always against these "trades." In many cases they are flat out purchases or they trade for something like a building, as Jaquomo mentioned earlier. If the BLM would trade parcels that are landlocked for private pieces that bordered other BLM and actually increase the size of public access I would be all for it, but I've yet to see that happen.

28-May-18
I've been looking at the proposal, and while it's true the land gained by the BLM would provide some easier public access in one area, we would be losing some prime ground to Buffalo Horn on the other side. In my opinion this is not a good deal for the public. The exchange also results in a net loss of approximately 1000 acres for the BLM. I realize that an exact exchange of acreage is not always the objective, but it this case the public loses on both counts. There is a reason Buffalo Horn wants the big chunk on the east side. It's a good piece of dirt.

28-May-18
Sent my input, I agree with Brun, after looking at the maps and the other parcels being offered by Buffalo Horn Ranch, the public would end up on the raw end of this deal.

29-May-18
Email/input sent - here's a link for anyone trying to find info https://eplanning.blm.gov/epl-front-office/eplanning/planAndProjectSite.do?methodName=dispatchToPatternPage¤tPageId=101844 - the contact's email and phone is on the left hand side of the page.

• Sitka Gear