Ace 31-May-18
Bubbag 17-Jun-18
spike78 17-Jun-18
BrunoBows 27-Jun-18
Eric Vaillancourt 07-Jul-18
Eric Vaillancourt 07-Jul-18
nehunter 07-Jul-18
30-May-18
EnCon police: Man admitted to shooting bear https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/local/article/Man-arrested-for-shooting-black-bear-in-Southbury-12953423.php?utm_campaign=email-desktop&utm_source=CMS%20Sharing%20Button&utm_medium=social This message was sent via stamfordadvocate.com.

31-May-18
Is there any benefit to reporting bear sightings to deep? The population is ridiculous. One in my yard today. I see crows flying everyday. Don't report those pretry soon the same.

31-May-18
Yes - the benefit is that they get feedback on range and (to an extent) population density. More data supporting a hunt.

We probably won’t reach the biological carrying capacity, but we’ll get to the Social capacity.

Hoping it doesn’t take a mauling to prove the point.

31-May-18
When you do report (and you should) make sure to tell them if the bears you see have any ear tags. I'm not sure how many they are tagging anymore, but if they are not tagged, the DEEP hasn't had a close encounter with them before. I see almost exclusively non tagged bears, probably because I'm so close to the NY line.

17-Jun-18
The population here in Mass seems to be increasing rapidly dispute opening additional seasons, and allowing hunters to take bears during shotgun deer season...

Unfortunately it will probably take a mauling to open up a season in ct.

17-Jun-18
Pat if you stay at your job you have a few options. MA, VT, and NY. Eh your screwed!

27-Jun-18
I think the Governor getting mauled to death is worth a shot, how can we arrange that?

07-Jul-18
Exactly, what are you supposed to report? I have a bear with 2 ear tags and a tracking collar in my yard regularly. Photo in post above.

Who do you call and what do you say?

07-Jul-18

Eric Vaillancourt's embedded Photo
Eric Vaillancourt's embedded Photo

07-Jul-18

nehunter 's Link

• Sitka Gear