Massachusetts
Contributors to this thread:
drslyr 30-May-18
drslyr 30-May-18
huntskifishcook 30-May-18
30-May-18

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
So tonight was my first full height saddle simulated hunt. Acertz kneepads, 4 lone wolf sticks. Bullman ring of steps platform. Ropeman 1 on the bridge and 1 on the lineman belt. Doyles haul up retractable hoist. I'm guessing around 18ft. up. Setup was fairly easy, however in a true hunting scenario I would need to attach my fourth arrow camera arm base with 2 more ratchet straps. Then attach the arm and then the camera. I would also have to attach a bow holder, and some kind of gear strap for calls, laser range finder, grunt tube, rattling horns and on and on.

So now I'm looking for a shot angle at the three targets we have setup at the club. I look and look and only have 1 shot at the edge of one of the targets at 50 yds. And to make it more interesting my shot is between 2 trees with about a 2" window to shoot through. I didn't have the camera in the tree but I took a pic from the ground of the space to shoot through. From ground level it looks huge but from 18ft. up it was just 2". First shot 2" out of the bull. Second shot shattered the arrow when it hit the left side of the target butt. 3rd. arrow about 5" out. Not too shabby at 50yds. through a 2" hole.

I think 45 to 50 yrs. tree stand hunting has helped me accept this new to me method of hunting very readily. I trust the gear completely and did right from the start.

So now its more practice and waiting to shoot my first buck on video out of the saddle.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONE BUCK OL MAN NINJA RANGER.

30-May-18

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
2" Space to shoot through

30-May-18
Nice! I got my saddle in a tree for the first time a few days ago. Just a quick climb up testing the saddle and the rope mod on my muddy sticks, both worked well. I still need to put a second linemans belt together and get some knee pads. I also just got two wild edge stepps in the mail. My platform plan is to use those to steps in conjunction with the top of my muddy stick.

• Sitka Gear