Sitka Gear
Stabilizer and Arrows
Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
Longcruise 05-Jun-18
stickersandarrows 05-Jun-18
05-Jun-18
Hello everyone, so today I have been shooting my bow and I have been shaking just like crazy! Then a thought occurred to me that I don't have a stabilizer. Can anyone recommend me a good, affordable stabilizer that would reduce the shakiness? Another question that I have is that I pull back around 49lb. I know it's not that much but I am working on it. My arrows are 325.5 grains. Will this get the job done on an elk? Any input on that would be great! Thanks!

05-Jun-18
Doesn't matter how many pounds launches it but the weight of the arrow, speed and the broadhead design matter.

05-Jun-18
The stabilizer deal is all personal preference. I'm working on shooting in the pro classes at the big national events and every stabilizer setup on the course will be different. If you're going to invest in a good stabilizer choose one that you can add or take off weight from to dial it in to your preference. I personally don't like much of one for hunting because it always seems in the way. However, adding a little mass weight to your bow will steady it up. As far as your poundage and arrows go, if you could increase your arrow weight I think you'd be a lot better off. Light arrows are going to loose speed quickly and thus your momentum will suffer. Though a 400 grain arrow will show slower on a chronograph, 40 yards down range you'll be carrying a lot more energy in that arrow. Also, with lower poundage I'd strongly recommend a cut on contact fixed blade head. Expandables have come a long way, in fact I shoot them and love them, but they do soak up some energy when they deploy and those lower pound setups just don't have energy to spare. So, IMO and only my opinion so take it for what it's worth. But if you could build a 400-425 grain arrow and shoot a sharp cut on contact head, keep your shots within a reasonable distance, you're going to be just fine. Good luck!

• Sitka Gear