Jebediah 06-Jun-18
spike78 06-Jun-18
Jebediah 06-Jun-18
Belchertown Bowman 07-Jun-18
Will 07-Jun-18
RatherBLucky 07-Jun-18
xi 07-Jun-18
06-Jun-18
Do any of you guys have problems with Mosquitoes in your food plot? I had deer coming in daily and hitting my clover/chicory, but then the Mosquitoes went crazy!!! I can hardly even check my cameras without being hammered, like 7-10 on each arm! Now I haven't had a deer come in in about 3 weeks. So my question is....Do you think the mosquitoes are my problem? I assume the deer hate those flying blood suckers as much as we do. Just frustrated....the plot is coming in great, and bugs are shutting it down... uuuggghhh

06-Jun-18
Maybe,.. but my suspicion is there is another reason the deer are gone. They live in the woods and swamps with mosquito all the time. I doubt they are bothered by them,.

No proof that is just my opinion,..

06-Jun-18
I agree, doubt it's the bugs. Fawns are dropping fast right now, does might be preoccupied. Also, what's your predator situation i.e. coyotes and bears are your cameras telling you anything.

06-Jun-18
I agree with B.B. other things are influencing there departure.

06-Jun-18
I am actually worried that I am caring for my food plot too much. I think I visit it like every week or other week,.. could it be you are there too much? Could you and I be dropping our stink there too often? I keep saying oh I will stop visiting it later in the year,.. but now it is later in the year and I am still there!

Its hard not to go and see how it is doing,.. and help it along,... LOL

I at least,.. must be a more disciplined Plotter!

06-Jun-18
BB I think I have done the same thing, and have been slow to learn the lesson. Not related to a food plot, but just generally I think I’ve paid a price for being in the woods too much. The lesson is that I need to let the woods rest.

06-Jun-18
I agree on dropping fawns. My cams went dead last year in my backyard then all of a sudden does with fawns.

06-Jun-18
I just got a picture of coyote with two pups, no good.

07-Jun-18
Hey Jeb,.. admitting our weakness/flaws etc is the first and best step to fixing them. Most just mull along doing the same dam thing wrong for years with no clue!

07-Jun-18
Ill agree on other factors vs bugs. Changing food supply in the woods, fawns, cover changes as green up has maxed etc all really impact where and when for deer movement.

07-Jun-18

RatherBLucky's embedded Photo
RatherBLucky's embedded Photo
I just talked to one of my neighbors....he started putting corn out.....I guess corn beats clover for my deer..... Bummer.

07-Jun-18
RB, my money is on that clover, trust me. Don't lose hope, also, why is he feeding corn now ?

• Sitka Gear