Serrano 09-Jun-18
oldgoat 09-Jun-18
Longcruise 09-Jun-18
oldgoat 09-Jun-18
trublucolo 09-Jun-18
Longcruise 09-Jun-18
oldgoat 09-Jun-18
06-Jun-18
Received this email 9 times last night, links don't work. Anyone else? Looks like we can apply for the leftover draw right away, but I'd love to be able to see the list first!!

"Congratulations you are eligible to apply in the Leftover Draw! After viewing the corresponding Leftover Draw list, login to your online account at www.CPWShop.com or call 1-800-244-5613 to apply. Application #: XX-XXXXXXX Name: XXXXXXXXXX Draw Application: DXX Deer Application 2018 Order Total: $3.00 Balance: $0.00 To view Deer Leftover season choices please see: 2018 LEFTOVER DEER.pdf To view Elk Leftover season choices please see: 2018 LEFTOVER ELK.pdf Please note you are only eligible to participate in the species which you were unsuccessful and for which you selected the Leftover draw"

06-Jun-18
Haha, I beat you by 2 emails! I had eleven!

06-Jun-18
10 for me

06-Jun-18
https://www.cpwshop.com/cr/2018_LEFTOVER_DEER.pdf heres deer

06-Jun-18
Geez, kind of pissed at myself, seen a tag in there for whitetail only I should of put third choice!

06-Jun-18
I got 12 copies.....weird. But the links worked fine for me, both deer & elk.

06-Jun-18
Pretty scant leftovers, but to be expected when apps explode!

06-Jun-18
Since we can apply now, does that mean that the tags that are not paid for by payment deadline will not be in the leftover draw but only available to purchase when leftovers go onsale?

06-Jun-18
sticksender - please post link for elk. It doesn't work when I change deer to elk in the url. Thx

Longcruise - I've been wondering that too. Looks like those tags won't be on list until end of July if they have the leftover draw list all set to go now.

06-Jun-18

samman's embedded Photo
samman's embedded Photo
Looks like I'm the leader so far, I got 14.

06-Jun-18
Haha, you bunch of one and three uppers!

06-Jun-18
Firewillie,, that link doesn't work either

06-Jun-18
Hmmm, it worked earlier for me

06-Jun-18
The email links would not work on my phone but worked fine on a desktop. On the desktop I got a pop-up that said Adobe couldn't read a certain font but the PDF was completely readable.

All FWIW.

06-Jun-18
Elk Link: https://www.cpwshop.com/cr/2018_LEFTOVER_ELK.pdf

06-Jun-18
Thats a pretty sorry list.

06-Jun-18
I only got 10 .

06-Jun-18

bigsheds's Link
https://www.cpwshop.com/cr/2018_LEFTOVER_DEER.pdf

06-Jun-18
They just sent out an email apologizing for sending multiple emails

07-Jun-18
does anyone know when the left over draw is?

09-Jun-18
So, I put in for multiple choices and didn’t draw. Do they not even give consideration to 2nd 3rd and 4th choices? I did get the leftover list and put in for a doe tag, but it didn’t say when I would find out if I drew that tag. I’m frustrated with the Colorado draw system!!!!

09-Jun-18
Yes they consider 2nd, 3rd and 4th choices. After all 1st choices are awardeded they look at 2nd choices, then third, and etc.. Check the draw recap to see if a unit is likely available as a second choice. The leftover draw deadline is July 3 so the results will be shortly after that. Ken

09-Jun-18
Birddog there isn't really a lot of units you can get after first choice, unless you pick something like that Doe tag.

09-Jun-18
Yeah, the third and fourth choices seem more like a feel good option although there are draws where they come into play.

Has anybody EVER drawn a third or fourth choice for sheep, goat or moose. :-)

09-Jun-18
I know of a guy from Indiana I think it is, he posts on here from time to time that drew cow moose second choice, don't think it ever happens with residents.

09-Jun-18
"They just sent out an email apologizing for sending multiple emails"

They should be sending out an email apologizing for sending out such a crapfest of leftover options. That's about as sorry as I've ever seen the leftover options.

09-Jun-18
TruBlu, I'm afraid that's going to become the norm when it only costs three bucks to apply. Many many of those Apps don't have a prayer for the first choice so the number of Apps for second choice is way up and eating up the potential left overs.

Here's a possible scenario;. Many who did place second choice options may not really want it and are employing the draw system as a tool to pick and choose. Most of them have no points to lose so declining to pay for a tag is only a $3 sacrifice.

I'm curious to see how many tags are left over to buy in August. Maybe not many? Maybe lots? So, if you are eligible to participate in the leftover draw, the pickings are slim and the availability of leftovers in August is an unknown.

My dilemma is, do I apply in the leftover draw for a not so desirable (for me) archery deer tag or do I gamble on buying a better (for me) leftover tag in August?

If only there were a way to peak at the August leftover tags as they accumulate. Maybe there is a way!! :-)

09-Jun-18
Im thinking your thinking is right Longcruise, I think there's going to be more turned in or not paid for tags. I have to get tags for me and the old lady though, so finding something on leftover isn't really much of a dream, she did draw a deer tag, so unless I could snag two elk tags for our favorite unit off the leftover, we'll just go try to get her a deer and hope to see some elk, it's an OTC elk unit where her deer tag is for!

• Sitka Gear