Glunt@work 06-Jun-18
ZachinCO 06-Jun-18
MathewsMan 06-Jun-18
mikea20 06-Jun-18
PECO 06-Jun-18
Glunt@work 06-Jun-18
Retired-11-2000 06-Jun-18
06-Jun-18
So, so far my take on the new draw system, minus all their IT issues, is it doesn't have much effect on residents first choice, but it seriously played with the second choices!

06-Jun-18
It did seem to have some effect on my groups first choice elk unit last 6 or 8 years all 9 of us have drawn either sex first choice this year 3 of us did not.

06-Jun-18
I pulled my second choice for deer. Looked like it might have gotten a little tighter to draw than last year but not much.

Not sure how or if elk was effected.

The big impact will be sheep, goat and moose. Not so much now, but in the 2021 application cycle when the wave hits the 3 point gateway.

Unless the system changes, our odds for drawing sheep, goat or moose will effectively be cut in half.

06-Jun-18
I think the new system is a complete catastrophe!

06-Jun-18
Keep in mind many didn't know about the change. Next year we will see the full effect

06-Jun-18
When CPW puts the 2018 recap stats back up it will be easier to see what bearing it has. I think it will be seen in certain GMU's, whether it's overall only the numbers will say.

06-Jun-18
Not half- more like 1/3

06-Jun-18
So from what my experience and what others seem to have said from their experience this week, you'll always receive the email notification that you were successful/unsuccessful in the draw via email before it's posted to the cpwshop site. Has anyone had a different experience than this?

06-Jun-18
Credit card hit first, then received email, then website posted which tag, then preference points updated.

06-Jun-18
Then get 10 duplicate emails, then an apology email, then...

06-Jun-18
Got both elk and deer tags. Came in yesterday afternoon. Yesterday evening got fraud notice from credit card. Had 2 charges, 166.00 and 575.00. Stopped my use of card. Today had to change CCs to get my tags. Same thing happened to buddy in Missouri. Seems strange that it happened to both of us same day right after we got notice from Colorado. Anyone else have this problem?

• Sitka Gear