CaptMike 07-Jun-18
RutnStrut 08-Jun-18
Missouribreaks 08-Jun-18
Live2hunt 08-Jun-18
Mike F 08-Jun-18
South Farm 08-Jun-18
upnorth 10-Jun-18
07-Jun-18
Not to kick the crossbow debate down the road any more but after a long spring I realized last fall was my first vert archery season since retiring from the Army and my last, my shoulders are too shoot to hold my bow steady for 30 seconds so today I bought a crossbow because I love to hunt and misses out on it for 20 years, thanks for all the great advice and posts last year but I'm not going to be the hypocrite who pretends not to hunt with a crossbow thus coming year. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way

07-Jun-18
Sorry to hear about your health problems but glad you're doing what you can to stay in the woods.

I'm sure there's some great guys at xbow nation also that can continue to give advice and laugh.

Stay well Chief

07-Jun-18
Chief 2- I understand where you're coming from. If it keeps you in the woods I'm happy for you.

07-Jun-18
Thanks for your military service, good job man! Sorry to see you leaving the ranks of the vertical bow hunters, but as we all know sometimes things happen and we are sent down a road we did not intend to travel. Good luck to you sir and good hunting. Be well.

07-Jun-18
I wish you the best and the main thing is you still get to enjoy the sport that you love.

07-Jun-18
Thanks for your service and happy hunting. Good luck this fall!

07-Jun-18
I'll endorse any legal hunter. You're not less of a man in my opinion. My compound is hardly equivalent to a long bow or recurve, and is much closer to your crossbow in comparison to the traditional gear.

07-Jun-18
Chief, it is too bad that lazy crossbow users took away a law that allowed for folks like you to continue to enjoy the archery season. Best of luck!

08-Jun-18
IMO a situation like yours is exactly what crossbows in archery season are great for. Don't feel any shame in using what helps you stay in the woods. Don't leave the site, it's still pretty darn good when hunting season is going.

08-Jun-18
Hopefully all states will allow hunters like you access to their animals with a crossbow.... during all hunting seasons. Thank you for your military service.

08-Jun-18
Thank you for your service also Chief. Glad to your able to pursue your hunting by using different weapon. But, you would have been able to use one prior to the inclusion, and none of use would say anything of it. Good Luck to you.

08-Jun-18
Glad that you will be able to spend time in the wood pursuing one of your passions. Nothing wrong in using a crossbow if you aren't able to use a vertical bow. Good Luck this fall and the many more seasons that follow.

Thank you for your service.

08-Jun-18
Thanks for your service! Holler when you get a deer...they're harder to drag than pulling a 85% let-off compound bow back.

10-Jun-18
Which crossbow did you decide to get ?

• Sitka Gear