wytex 10-Jun-18
Chris S 12-Jun-18
Steve H. 12-Jun-18
wytex 13-Jun-18
BTM 15-Jun-18
WapitiBob 18-Jun-18
mikea20 21-Jun-18
08-Jun-18
I'm considering starting to build points for grizzly and get in on "the ground floor" was this the first year you can apply or will next year be the first?

08-Jun-18
If it doesn't get squashed by a Lib judge, the application period and first hunt will be this year. I have no idea what you're talking about when you mention PPs for them.

10-Jun-18
With 2 sows killed this year by self defense we may not have a hunt, sow quota. I have some questions in to G&F guys about this. No PP for grizz.

12-Jun-18
Say you get drawn. And spend 6-8K on tags guide etc. Sows get tagged. Hunt is closed is anything reimbursed are you SOL sitting on couch before your hunt date even opened?

12-Jun-18
I guarantee there will not be any preference points--compare to the mountain goat tag process.

13-Jun-18
If you go the license issuance list route and do not get an opportunity to hunt you get a refund. Area 7 tags probably will not get a refund if the sow quota closes the season.

15-Jun-18
Unless I had a pretty good idea where I'd be seeing griz, I wouldn't be blowing $600 on a tag. For example, in the hundred or so days I've spent in the Upper Green area over the past four years, I've yet to see one (other than a few tracks). I buy cougar and black bear tags every year, however, because they're relatively inexpensive.

Conversely, maybe $600 would be good "grizzly insurance" that I wouldn't run into one! :)

18-Jun-18
Couldn't give me a Grizzly tag for the first 5 years or so. Nothing gets whacko's going like a dead Bear.

21-Jun-18
Thanks for all the info guys! I (obviously) didn't know anything about it. Count me out!

• Sitka Gear