Contributors to this thread:
PO Cedar 08-Jun-18
Aspen Ghost 08-Jun-18
Seahorse 08-Jun-18
Aspen Ghost 08-Jun-18
Serrano 09-Jun-18
txhunter58 09-Jun-18
08-Jun-18
I am out here in Colorado for the summer, want to fish...didn't draw my elk or deer tag...tried to go ahead and buy the OTC non-resident either sex elk archery/ fishing combo license....not available until August 9th...so the bonus fishing license is only good after August 9th...does that mean I have to buy the annual non-resident fishing license to start fishing and then pay the 641.00 elk/fishing combo, thus paying for 2 annual (sorta annual) fishing license? Sounds like CDWP just added the "bonus" fishing permit in with the idea hunters wouldn't impact the fishing much, be intent on hunting...or am I not interpreting the regs?

08-Jun-18
You are correct. They lie and call it an annual combo elk/fishing permit but it's actually only good for less than 5 months. There is no reason they couldn't make it valid for 12 months from purchase but they want the $$$$.

08-Jun-18
Why not contact the CPW directly?

08-Jun-18
I already did. They said it's an annual combo permit but only valid for when it goes on sale until December 31st. Try to buy an OTC archery elk tag today. Let me know how that goes.

09-Jun-18
The fastest way to get the included fishing license might be to apply for the draw with OTC selected if you don't draw. Ken

09-Jun-18
Just buy a 5 day NR fishing license for the summer trip, you can add days if you need to

I was lucky enough to draw an elk tag, and it should be in the mail shortly. So I should have it by the time I go to Colorado the first week in July. :-)

• Sitka Gear