NonRes - Archery OTC either sex Elk
Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
BigMo 09-Jun-18
Grasshopper 09-Jun-18
Glunt@work 09-Jun-18
mikea20 09-Jun-18
09-Jun-18
Hey guys, I'm looking for a little help/guidance here. I've hunted NM Elk all my life but have not drawn the past 3 years in a row... I am a NonRes to Colorado...HOWEVER, my son just finished his first year at CSU, so considering what I've paid this past year and due the next 3+ years, I'm not just some free grazer..... Anyway, I did not draw anything in CO but did buy an either sex archery elk tag. I'm looking for recommendations west of Ft. Collins. I know some folks frown on NonRes hunters, but i'm hoping for some honest good will here. I'm willing to share my NM Elk hunting locations in trade.... or cold beer and whiskey at elk camp.... thanks for any help! Mike

09-Jun-18
I don't hunt the units west of FTC, but I think they are limited licenses, and an over the counter elk tag is not valid there. Look at the big game brochure to find what units your OTC tag is valid for, you can download it from the CPW web site. The closest OTC unit to the front range is unit 38. If you venture over the divide, some of those units might be OTC like in Grand county. Grand county has some really bad beetle kill. Let me know if I can assist via the private messaging feature, good luck!

09-Jun-18
6, 171 & 18 are basically the first OTC units you get to. All hold elk, all get plenty of pressure like most every OTC unit in typical elk country. Sending a PM.

09-Jun-18
I'm going to 6 myself...basically straight West of FTC near Walden. I've spent many a day hunting and fishing around Walden. Always see plenty of wildlife. I actually haven't seen a ton of elk there, but I know they're around.

• Sitka Gear