Pete-pec 23-Jun-18
South Farm 25-Jun-18
14-Jun-18

MF's Link
At least they keep on trying!

14-Jun-18
Link is broke

14-Jun-18
The Republican majority in Washington put delisting wolves in the recent federal budget. But then Republican majority pulled it out as a low value political compromise and signed the budget anyway. Wisconsin DNR could start taking wolf tag applications tomorrow, license software is still in place, ready and willing to go. The Republican majority at the federal level just needs the stones to delist wolves like they said they would. They didn't do in 2017, they didn't leave it in the 2018 budget. The WDNR is still waiting.....

14-Jun-18

MF's Link
Hope this works

14-Jun-18

MF's Link
This one worked

14-Jun-18
2 preference points and my traps are ready. Just need a tag or three.

14-Jun-18
My mount from the original season is unfortunately becoming a Wisconsin rarity. 1 point in the hopper and ready to roll again whenever they get this shored up!

15-Jun-18
The Feds won’t do anything worthwhile unless WI makes the first move and pulls ALL funding for the program until they get full control of the management of the wolves.

15-Jun-18
Darn those Republicans!

15-Jun-18
I said it a long time ago, when we get another season the traps that I used during the last wolf season are available for use. I am sure it will be a few years before I can draw again.

Michigan just published there wolf count in the UP from last winter.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/content/news/DNR-Upper-Peninsula-wolf-survey-shows-healthy-wolf-population-485591441.html

15-Jun-18
Someone or org. with deep pockets needs to donate to the right people. Maybe the NRA could help us out. I'm not a member though.

15-Jun-18
The NRA won't do it. They do however love to ram crossbows onto archery seasons.

16-Jun-18
The whole process is a joke.... " My traps are ready" give me a break, what is that going to accomplish....... They will never issue enough tags, and regulate this wolf pack statewide, what it needs to be down to....... That is a feel good bs band aid to a big problem, that will be here for generations to come......................

You have in this state, a Govenor that says he will get rid of the wolf program, which has not occurred by the way, the waste of time and money, to study this animal continues,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, We have politicians that are so full of BS, how you can trust them is beyond me.................

Our DNR might as well be part of the Center of Biodiversity, they are so pro wolf,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Michigan has wasted more money, which could have at least been used for some deer habitat,,,,,

Bottom line our Govenor, and our DNR do not give a s... about our deer herd, none of them hunt, so what do they care,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there all talk,,,,, as so as all of our politicians from this state, regardless if it is Baldwin or Duffy, they are all full of hot air,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I will lay money out right now, you will not see control of these wolves, EVER

22-Jun-18
"The NRA won't do it. They do however love to ram crossbows onto archery seasons."

Amen to that. I was an NRA member until they pulled that crap here. I'll never send them another penny.

22-Jun-18
Ground hunter, control has been taking place through the SSS program for years.

Show me the money!

22-Jun-18
The argument that the DNR is pro wolf is laughable. I deal with probably 100 different DNR staff members from all different divisions and have yet to meet anyone I would say was pro wolf. Beyond that the only ones I can think of that aren't hunters and/or fishers are customer service people. Even they know more about wildlife and hunting than most hunters.

22-Jun-18
skook I hope your are right,,, I know you are a bright guy from your posts

DT I may not like the wolves, but I am a law and order guy, and I would not break Federal law for any reason

22-Jun-18
I wouldn’t either. But living in the north you here plenty of talk. 1/2 is BS. But the other 1/2.......

23-Jun-18
I would break federal laws for many reasons. I would break federal law for any reason that was against the best interest of the people. If federal law was to state your guns are illegal, you are not going to become an instant law breaker? I am!

25-Jun-18
I know more than a few breathed a sigh of relief when the recent flood waters washed away the evidence...Some matters are best handled, shall we say, "internally". Just sayin..

• Sitka Gear