Will 18-Jun-18
bigsevig 19-Jun-18
TT-Pi 19-Jun-18
jdrdeerslayer 19-Jun-18
spike78 20-Jun-18
spike78 20-Jun-18
15-Jun-18

spike78's Link
More taxes from the libs and the lib Republican Governor! I know this is Bowsite but when is this crap going to end! It is about to pass and no doubt Baker the faker will sign. Hell he is already trying to take away gun permits but that’s another story.

15-Jun-18
Revenue neutral? All carbon tax income will be redistributed in equal shares to the citizens. Government doesn't get any. Yeah right, lets see that happen.

So if you happen to live in Boston and use public transportation, and do not heat with oil you could theoretically make money at the end of the year. If you are like most people in the state you drive cars, heat with oil or gas and you are are screwed. As proposed this would add 20-30 cents per gallon to gasoline. I'm sure that new business will flock to the state so that they can pay higher energy costs. Lets not forget the scenic views of industrial solar facilities (I cannot refer to the as farms) and the pending destruction of Nantucket shoals. I've stayed out of the solar and windmill threads because they are just too damn depressing to even read. China and India and other developing countries are still full speed ahead with coal generated power. That is the root cause, actually too many people in the world is the root cause. Not sure how to fix either of those but screwing the taxpayers of Massachusetts and destroying our states last farms and forests wont stop global climate change.

Tekoa

15-Jun-18
Thank you both. Please excuse me, I must run to the ocean for my head is about to explode.

16-Jun-18
Well, I was having a good morning watching the sunrise with a cup of coffee. This is unreal.

16-Jun-18
As i looked up,a loud thundering voice booming from the heavens proclaimed " I will levie taxes that are unjust and unfair. They will be deemed under the guise for the good of the people. The people will work long hard hours ,until their blisters run red and their pockets flow with lint". And the people slowly nodded their heads with acceptance.

A reading from the book of Doodooranonme by the prohet Notme

Welcome to ct guys!!!! Weve been paying 40 cents tax a gallon for years..to fix the roads they said..yeah right

16-Jun-18
Tekoa, some will get a rebate but of course it will be the non contributors. Notme, I’m guessing VT and CT will follow suit in fact Malloy is salivating as we speak.

16-Jun-18
Spike, im not sure but i think ct/ny just won a lawsuit on bad air coming from western states..it wont be long til air gets taxed

16-Jun-18
Spike, im not sure but i think ct/ny just won a lawsuit on bad air coming from western states..it wont be long til air gets taxed

16-Jun-18

spike78's Link
Passed in Senate get ready to pay.

16-Jun-18
Get back... Back up ... Save your Kids ... Run!

Arghhhhhh... BOOM !!! All that stupid just had to get out ... OK, I'm good.

16-Jun-18
Oh, look a new tax on cranial combustion.

16-Jun-18
Hey youre laws are passed just like ours, no public opinion !!!...does that make us poverty buddies...lol

16-Jun-18
Yeah Democracy is only in place for an election after that it’s called communism.

16-Jun-18
this tax is crazy..... what is wrong with these fruit loop politicians in this state. i generally like mass but the libs, dems, gun control, and taxes making me think its time to get out soon....

16-Jun-18
As a fruity, birkenstock wearing, left leaning earthy crunchy environmentalist, I shake my head at this one... ugh.

17-Jun-18
"More importantly, while 20 percent of the tax would go toward funding transportation infrastructure, renewable energy projects, and climate change preparation, 80 percent would be refunded to taxpayers."

20 % questionable usage ... 80 % redistribution or evaporation = 100% Progressive Libtard horseshit.

17-Jun-18
Pi, it is not horse shit as the non workers will split the 80% and us workers will be left yet again with an empty wallet. Or maybe the 80% will be used for transportation ie over time to the corrupt state police.

17-Jun-18
ya bull shit 80% to boston transportation( thats a pet peev of mine) , paying for dead beat wefare suboxin taking junkies and 20% for politcians personal earmark projects

17-Jun-18
Spike78 , I'll presume you're making a funny.

Jd. I think you're on to them.

If some shit for brains Politician thinks this will motivate and stimulate new developments because it hurts people they best brush up on History. Smells like the Stamp act with a side of Ethanol. Into "the harba" with it.

18-Jun-18
Never want to get old but when I retire I’ll be gone in a week!

18-Jun-18
Ain’t no way I’m retiring in MA.

18-Jun-18
That’s an interesting topic. If you could retire anywhere, where would it be?

18-Jun-18
I’m thinking about that lately. Won’t be long now. Maybe out west.

18-Jun-18
Probably only like 40 more years until I retire... I'll buy a farm in PA. Keep busy with my food plots.

18-Jun-18
Just bought my first house 3 years ago so only 27 more years And she’s all mine making me 67 years old yikes.

18-Jun-18
There is no stopping the tax train in this State. It is scary the shit that is going on and it is going to get a lot worse. My parents were legal immigrants. They needed a sponsor, a job, housing in place and signed a document that they would not take any welfare for the first five years (They never took welfare, even when they were unemployed) before they could put a pinky toe on this land. They worked their asses off, somehow raised me and managed to save enough earning $30K to $40K a year to retire at a normal age. Basically, they saved their butts off.

That is how I was raised. I save like crazy. And I will be penalized for it. No fancy vacations, fancy cars, big houses and eating out every week. Have lived every day as if the shit was going to hit the fan next week.

I will end up paying more for medical care, get less in social security, pay carbon taxes and god knows what else so I can give my piece of the pie away to some asshole that never saved a red cent. This State is one of the worst. The only thing keeping me here right now are my parents, and I am self employed. I would walk away from my business in a second to get out of this shit hole. I have no idea how any reasonable person that works hard, lives a simple and conservative life and tries to save enough to care for his family for the rest of their lives can say, "this State is great". I am waiting for the day when some politician looks at all of the big homes and decides, there is a lot of extra space and the owners nead to share rooms with the less fortunate. Ya, I know. I am crazy. Read your history books if you can find one that is legit; it already happened. I should have spent it all and just enjoyed every second of my life.

I am giving it ten years and I hope to be out of this screwed up State (just need to drag my folks with me). I feel much better now. Thank you for listening :)

Pete

18-Jun-18
Believe me boys, it goes fast.

18-Jun-18
Oh, and as to where I am retiring. Idaho, Wyoming or Montana. I am going to find freakin' no man's land, but will be 30 minutes from a small City with a decent hospital and other major amenities. Big land, with a small home. Maybe a second smaller home on it for my folks. I want woods and would love a river running through it. Minimum of 25 acres, would love 100+. Also needs to be close to a ski area. Gotta have good hunting and fishing either on the property or nearby. Prefer a valley because the temps will be a bit warmer but I am happy to take the cold. Cold is good. Most people hate the cold. Should help keep the dipshits from California, Oregon, Washington and New England out.

I know, I know. I have some people problems.

18-Jun-18
Ill retire in Western Mass. Most likely the Quabbin area.

Calm down, I'm kidding.

I like the ( N/west side) of N. Carolina: Climate is good, good dirt, deer /game populations are good, deadly snake species are minimal compared to the further southern parts. Unlikely to be downwind of Nuclear Fallout... and Moonshine.

18-Jun-18
I always joked about moving somewhere where it was between 40 and 75 degrees. Not thinking such a place exists until I read about Sitka Alaska! Although it rains 50% of the year. Pete, well said!!!

18-Jun-18
Heard today about a proposed modification to the T subway system (to connect North and South Station?), which would cost 12-20 billion. Yikes...

18-Jun-18
Spike... I work with a guy who's a USCG rescue diver. One of those Bad A**es who jump out of helicopters to save folks that are drowning or their boat is sinking. For a few years he was stationed in Sitka. He mentioned that basically anything you do, you have to be ready for bears and other critters. Doing long bike rides was sketchy... Though the terrain was absolutely beautiful!

I'd like to retire, period. I could see splitting the year - half up here, and half in FL. I've debated states like NC or VA - love the mountains in both. But the salt water fly fishing in FL is awesome all winter... And then I could be up here when it's nice. I'm just a New Englander with roots. Love it here. Well, that and we need to be near the hospitals for the boy child. So a win win.

19-Jun-18
i always joke that the state shrub is the yew. latin,"taxus"....

19-Jun-18
Good analogy Bigsevig . Because the Yew, which is best kept well pruned, will grow into a tree if left unchecked. It has a very stubborn root system, which takes considerable effort to remove and it happens to be very poisonous as well.

How better to describe our unofficial state ("Taxus" ) shrub.

19-Jun-18
tt....im with ya. after going to nc last 2 years boar hunting i could really see myself there in the winter... mild temps but not florida hot cheap, nice people, hunt boars 24/7 deer ,bear , great fresh and salt water fishing.....

20-Jun-18
I just can’t do it here anymore. MA just passed a whole boat load of crap to cost us more money. Say hello to more taxes, small business going under, higher hospital bills, and whatever else they can stick up the working mans ass. Well hey the good news is we get a permanent tax free holiday woo effing hoo! I’m not even talking about the original subject on this thread. Planning my escape ASAP. Baker you spineless liberal I mean Republican ah who the hell knows?

20-Jun-18
I just can’t do it here anymore. MA just passed a whole boat load of crap to cost us more money. Say hello to more taxes, small business going under, higher hospital bills, and whatever else they can stick up the working mans ass. Well hey the good news is we get a permanent tax free holiday woo effing hoo! I’m not even talking about the original subject on this thread. Planning my escape ASAP. Baker you spineless liberal I mean Republican ah who the hell knows?

• Sitka Gear