Novice 20-Jun-18
Novice 20-Jun-18
MF 21-Jun-18
Jeff in MN 21-Jun-18
happygolucky 21-Jun-18
kylet 21-Jun-18
kylet 21-Jun-18
17-Jun-18
Hayward, 2.5 inches on my gauge in the last 36 hours. On top of another inch about 2 days ago. It can quit for a while now. More bad looking cells all the way out to the mountains that could hit us.

Lots of thunder, tornado watches, and high winds with it. Lots of broken off dead branches on my lawn this morning. My normally dry low land lawn area has ducks swimming on it. Could be worse.

17-Jun-18
Reports of 9-12 inches in Drummond area. Flood warnings, roads closed in some of the area. More rain forecast later today. I will get out later to look around.

17-Jun-18
Wind broke off a maple tree about 20 feet up at a point where it was a good 6" in diameter. The top flew about 8 feet before it hit the ground. Top of the broken off part broke 2 of 3 sideboards on a trailer it landed on. I imagine I lost some trees in the woods too.

17-Jun-18
Spring rain=big racks in the fall!

17-Jun-18
Seems like the NW part of the state, is always getting excess, no matter what the season is, tough tough weather all the time

17-Jun-18
Blackwolf, I like your thought. Couple days ago I was sitting next to a window at ground level and caught some movement. Here was a yearling doe with her nose to the window about 3 feet from me. She was eating one of Sue's hostas. Looked skinny but only because she was wearing her spring coat.

17-Jun-18
I'm near Rhinelander. Thursday there was 10" of space under my docks. Today I will be pulling them..............all 37 sections.

17-Jun-18

MF's Link
Roundabout near Ashland

17-Jun-18

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo
Near Hayward

17-Jun-18

MF's Link
Tomich Rd near US2 Ashland Video By Bayfield County Sheriff

17-Jun-18

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo
HWY US 2

17-Jun-18

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo

17-Jun-18

smokey's embedded Photo
smokey's embedded Photo
Around 4 PM today (Sunday) it was raining and thundering so hard I wasn't sure if I could have heard a tornado if it was approaching. Solid rolling thunder, that was the same thing as last night from 10:30 until around 4 AM. My phone kept getting weather alerts all night too. This is a lightning map from 4 PM today.

17-Jun-18
I hope it lets up soon and everyone makes it through the storms OK.

17-Jun-18
Pretty impressive map there Smokey - hope all turns out OK for you & all northern bowhunters,...for all our northern Wisconsinites.

17-Jun-18
For us Northerners, its worse than the storms (flooding) we had two years ago.

17-Jun-18
Wow, I had no idea of the damage when I posted. How is traffic going to get between Superior and Ashland? Hope everyone up there is getting thru this okay. I thought 2 years ago was bad. I hunt that country, wondering how it affects beaver dams etc.

17-Jun-18
I took a short vacation with my wife and daughter from last Thursday- yesterday to Door county. We had one day of decent weather and hard rain the rest of it. Get back to Chippewa county and more of the same. I worked on a client's property all day today that's on lake Wissota. Those storms looked cool and scary coming across the lake this afternoon. After it was done I had even more work to do. Luckily no trees, but 4 large limbs and a ton of small ones. I hope all are safe.

18-Jun-18
There are some Towns that have not yet recovered from the 2016 storm yet. Federal funds move slowly and now this. I know the decision was made to not reopen some roads from the last storm; things are changing in the north.

18-Jun-18
They are showing pictures of Bayfield County on the Weather Channel.......

18-Jun-18
Wonder how many wolves drowned?

18-Jun-18

MF's Link
This is Hwy 63 going South "The Bibon Swamp" area.

18-Jun-18

MF's Link
Pore Houghton Michigan, businesses destroyed

18-Jun-18

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo

18-Jun-18
What about the terrain seems to make NW WI so susceptible to flood damage?

18-Jun-18

Rookie's embedded Photo
Rookie's embedded Photo
This is at the St. Croix, crossing from WI into MN. Road is washed out due to a dam breaking by Dairyland so it will be closed for a while. Talked to mn/dot while out there arbit 6pm and if the St. Croix raises 3 more feet the whole bridge over the river will be floating downstream.

18-Jun-18
Monster drainage systems, many rivers and streams, hilly country etc (Lake Superior)

18-Jun-18

Rookie's embedded Photo
Rookie's embedded Photo

19-Jun-18

MF's Link
Mason man killed in flooding (Bibon Swamp area)

19-Jun-18

MF's Link
Hope this link works "Mason Man killed" Link is not working Story in the Ashland Daily Press

19-Jun-18

MF's Link
Two Die in flooding in Northwestern Wisconsin Link is not working...Story in The Duluth News Tribune www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/accidents/4461806-two-die-flooding-northwestern-wisconsin

19-Jun-18
I also heard about a guy getting killed when a Tree fell on there camper in Sawyer County somewhere. Wife and two kids were hurt but ok. Sad for sure.

I see my steelhead river is way flooded again. This will hurt that fishery also when it washes the smolt out to the lake too early. It was just starting to rebuild after the floods of a few years ago.

19-Jun-18
More reasons for the flooding here; saturated soil cannot absorb more so runoff increase. Also, the intensity of the rainfall i.e. inches per hour totaling 10-15" in a few hours. Storm intensity has been increasing the storms are coming more frequently. Like it or not that will not be changing; a part of climate change.

19-Jun-18
Huge storms such as this even if the ground is not already saturated will have the same effect, to much water too fast. It is weird how Ashland got many more inches of rain compared to Washburn which is only a few miles apart.

19-Jun-18
I was just listing all the reasons for the possible causes.

19-Jun-18
Smokey I know you were, my bad!

19-Jun-18

MF's Link
Cool video of the flood near the Visitor Center (Ashland)

20-Jun-18
Just got home from Three Lakes. Lots of water in our lower level. Been pumped out 3 days running. Hopefully it stops seeping in now and we can get the industrial fans to dry us out. 3rd time this has happened since my family owned this house (1972).

Electric pole snapped in half on Sunday during the storm. Needed a new pole installed with lots of other repairs in the area to get our power back.

It was quite the weekend.

20-Jun-18

Novice's embedded Photo
Yes, that's a cabin underneath.
Novice's embedded Photo
Yes, that's a cabin underneath.
Novice's embedded Photo
Novice's embedded Photo
Novice's embedded Photo
Can't even get in driveway
Novice's embedded Photo
Can't even get in driveway
It's been a rough week for many. Here's what I have been dealing with since Sunday.

20-Jun-18

Novice's embedded Photo
I guess you get the idea.
Novice's embedded Photo
I guess you get the idea.
One more.

21-Jun-18

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo

21-Jun-18
Ya, it was a rough landing on the other side but thankfully my car survived. ;-)

I am so thankful that the Hayward area is OK. Sure there was some damage but mostly wind related, we only got a third of the rain that some points further north got. I don't think tourist season will be affected much, muskyfest is not affected, rides are setup and ready. I was hearing that lighting to the north and seeing the light flashes from them, it was scary. Kept wondering if the next wave would hit farther south but they all stayed to the north. Looking at the radar all the way to the Rockies and it was just storm after storm, many of them lined up and headed this way.

Standing water that was in all my low spots is all gone now. Lake went up a good 5 inches but that just brought it up to about recent years normal level.

Pictures from the Houghton area are just unbelievable.

21-Jun-18
That's terrible Novice. I wish you well in getting everything resolved. Our lower level needs what should be one more pump out. We need an extended dry period for the ground water level to drop so this doesn't reoccur soon for us.

I have to give the power company kudos for how fast they came out to put in a whole new pole and get everyone running again. They were quick Sunday night too when the power lines were laying across the road. Many vehicles could not return to their homes. Luckily someone noticed those lines and stayed there stopping cars behind them. My son and I walked out to see what the "explosion" sound was and then saw the pole busted in half with lines laying across the road. Crazy shit... Very thankful we have an automatic generator. Our land line up there will be out until July 6th we have been told.

21-Jun-18

kylet's embedded Photo
kylet's embedded Photo
Friday

21-Jun-18

kylet's embedded Photo
kylet's embedded Photo
Sunday

• Sitka Gear