Bigbuckbob 20-Jun-18
Notme 21-Jun-18
GF 21-Jun-18
steve 21-Jun-18
N8tureBoy 21-Jun-18
Notme 21-Jun-18
Notme 22-Jun-18
19-Jun-18
I have a question for all the trappers. On one of my properties I take care of there is a raccoon giving me a ton of problems. He rips out every single bag of trash out of the dumpster and a daily mess is an understatement. I've had over 5 complaints from tenants. What scares me is that he is out in the daytime multiple times. But he looks extremely healthy and with out a doubt is the biggest raccoon I've ever seen. My question is I have a trap but am I allowed to trap him with no trapping license. And my next question is if I do catch him what am I supposed to do with him? I don't want to set up anything illegal or get into trouble so if someone can answer my questions it would be appreciated.

19-Jun-18

Notme's Link
From what ive heard, after being trapped:

https://youtu.be/yHzh0PvMWTI

19-Jun-18

Notme's Link
Sometimes during a heavy night of liquid livations and to feed my own self indulgence, i would wait for an equaly enebreated one before i sprung my trap:

https://youtu.be/YHP_VvTh2PI

19-Jun-18
Is it a nursing female? They’re busy “this time of year” - aka ‘til this year’s crop is weaned...

The thing about coons and trash - if they can get into it, they’ll get into it. I ended up building a box with a heavy lid to keep our cans in. Didn’t make it solid on the sides, just stapled chicken wire in place, and they haven’t bothered me since.

19-Jun-18
Just get a have a heart. Trap it and relocate it down in Stamford or Greenwich.

19-Jun-18
Malloy just bought a home on the river in Essex I think he would like to enhance the wildlife there so look for the drop off location.

19-Jun-18
"Is it a nursing female? They’re busy “this time of year” - aka ‘til this year’s crop is weaned..."

^^^ This. Females at this time of year are nursing and being sucked dry by their 3-6 pups. Not unusual to see them out during the day to replenish food and fluids. Legally, you would have to kill her. Rabies vector species can not be relocated in CT (most states actually). But, it's not illegal for you to remove a nuisance animal on your property. If it's female, you would orphan the pups to die from exposure. If male, shoot it.

19-Jun-18
O boy.. how do I know if it's a male or female??

19-Jun-18
Also I can't do anything to the dumpster because they have the two sliding doors on each side and getting every tenant to close it after they put trash in it is impossible.. to complex for most here..

19-Jun-18
When its not looking give it a reach around that should pretty much tell you ...OY!!!..LOL

19-Jun-18
What's bbb's number again. I think he owes me a favor..lol..

19-Jun-18
When it bends over look for a hanging scrotum lol.

20-Jun-18
LOL, I meant catch it and look. Release a lactating female and shoot the male (or dry female). But, if you can get a good look at the underside and see lots of swollen nipples, it's a lactating female, or BBB getting into your dumpster.

20-Jun-18
Shawn, that's not my idea of a favor! I don't even like touching my own junk these days. I would post an ad on the persoals on line stating something like. "looking for someone to dig into the fur and look for sex of a real pest that's been bothering me."

20-Jun-18
C'mon bob, it might bring back flash backs of days of yore of touching beaver

20-Jun-18
http://www.raccoonatticguide.com/trapping.html

20-Jun-18
With regard to determining the gender of the offending raccoon, most dumpsters have 2 sliders on opposite slides. This is a bit of a generalization, but might help you decide what to do if you are unable to get a good look at the business-end of the animal. Set one Have-a-heart trap with a glass of wine and a copy of Oprah magazine on one side, and another trap on the opposite side with a Budweiser and a Victoria's Secret magazine..... You will have a difficult time getting either magazine back without a fight. Deal with the raccoon accordingly

20-Jun-18
A friend of mine called me one day in June about 10 years ago complaining that his dad was having issues with raccoons in his attic. He was asking me what to do. I first asked him if there were babies in the attic and he said he thinks so. I told him do not do anything for about a month and then board up where they were entering. BUT for gods sake don’t do anything until those babies can get out to fend for them self’s because if you shut momma out they will die. When they die it will smell really bad. I told him once they are old enough they will follow their momma out every evening. Go out there at midnight and board it up so the whole family moves on! But why listen to the voice of experience on this? They couldn’t get they smell out of the house for a month!

20-Jun-18
Dead raccoons smell just as bad as old beavers,........just saying.

21-Jun-18
Not so bad when theyre kinda twangie...formenting cheese curds is a bit different but do able on a bender...not that i know anything about it but a friend told me

21-Jun-18
"another trap on the opposite side with a Budweiser "

You'd let a raccoon drink Budweiser??? Can't you get busted for animal cruelty on that???

ROFL, Rich!

21-Jun-18
I have little flying squeralls in net York the chew right thru the wooden vents rat traps and penuat butter I then filled the hole up with paper a soft patch when the paper stays I know I have them all ,the metal greating k hate them little rats

21-Jun-18
I suppose Budweiser would subject me to poison regulations, but I wouldn't waste a good IPA on a raccoon, Rich. LOL.

21-Jun-18
Throw in a 30rack of bud light (yuk!!)..if it goes to reg bud it might have half a brain

22-Jun-18

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/Wm58sGEdgAw

Great album before they sold out

• Sitka Gear