Shug 21-Mar-19
Shug 20-Apr-19
Spider2 12-Jan-20
Fdales Finest 30-Jan-20
Farmer 23-Mar-21
18-Mar-19

Spider2's embedded Photo
Spider2's embedded Photo
This sign is at the local archery range I use. It is in bad shape, I contacted the president some years back about organizing a clean up. Guess what no response. Part of the reason I didnt renew my membership. When someone is hurt first thing they'll see is that sign. Bad publicity for an organization that tries to promote hunting in a state full of anti's.

21-Mar-19
Dbl Post

21-Mar-19
The UBNJ donated time and money building the range. They are also volunteers that work to protect every Bowhunter in the states right to bowhunt.

Instead of complaining about it being a mess why not show up with some friends and some garbage bags and do some cleaning.

If I remember correctly it was just a few months ago that the UBNJ held a “ party” in the Sayreville area range and did a clean up. Again the organization is made up of volunteers. So because people use it and don’t clean up after themselves The UBNJ suffers... that’s comical

20-Apr-19

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Here’s your chance to help

12-Jan-20
What I posted had nothing to do with garbage at the range or cleaning. It had to do with broken backstops, fences around the range area, and targets that were destroyed. Not to mention trees that posed a safety issue. I contacted the town and they told me to contact Ubnj. The range was in that terrible condition since hurricane Sandy. Like I said I tried to contact the "right" people on multiple occasions. Fyi when I do shoot there I pick up garbage. I wasn't complaining or nocking the volunteers either. They did a great job fixing up the range. I haven't been on here in forever so I didn't see your post on the clean up date.

30-Jan-20
Spider I am the Monmouth Couty Council rep for the UBNJ. There were about 15-20 UBNJ volunteers there on June 2 and we spent the better part of 9 hours, raking leaves, pulling out dumped refuse in form of wood, furniture and other household items. It probably totaled over 1000 pounds of junk. We also replaced all of the targets with 4 face Big Shot Range pillow targets.

I personally went back to utilize the range in Mid August preparing for the upcoming archery season and cleaned up garbage for more than an hour. At that times the targets were overall in good shape but you could see that some people didn't obey the rules and used broadheads on targets that were only designed for field points. The safety rules clearly state field points only.

The town is supposed to maintain the property as originally agreed upon and we would send in a work detail to bring it back into shape yearly and replace as needed target faces and other archery related equipment. We have spent quite a bit of money donating our time and supplies to provide a safe space for people to shoot but it's supposed to be a two way street between us and Sayreville. That clearly hasn't happened if the range is in bad shape currently. I would be happy to speak with you off line. Send me a PM with your concerns.

23-Mar-21
Are the Applachian Bow men having a shoot in April ?

• Sitka Gear