wytex 06-Jul-20
the bear 06-Jul-20
wytex 09-Jul-20
goaliemike25 10-Jul-20
wytex 11-Jul-20
wytex 13-Jul-20
gmanelkslayer 29-Jul-20
29-Jun-20
Help with area 7 hunt. I drew bull elk 1 for 7. No experience. Anyone out there willing to teach, guide a novice elk hunter for bow season.

30-Jun-20
Have OnX or GPS. Lots of private in and around the National Forest.

04-Jul-20
Better go ahead and get your checkbook out! Hurry though...your options are thinning by now.

06-Jul-20
Plenty of good public land to hunt. You'll need OnX . pm sent

06-Jul-20
Hi Nolnac, My brother and I will be coming from South Dakota to hunt unit 7 also. If you have no help and think you might need help getting one out I can send you a pm with my contact info. Best of luck to you. Ken Schaeffer

09-Jul-20
We've got a fire burning as of yesterday in Sybille Canyon. Only the far south part of your area is affected, along Highway 34. Hoping for better conditions to fight it, air support is on it now. Currently moving kind of northeast ish towards Johnson Cr area. we're trying to get up there Friday to check on stock and irrigation across the highway , it is named for the ranch we work for, Clemons Fire.

10-Jul-20
Stay safe wytex. I'm sure you know there's red flag warnings and it's forecast for triple digits.

11-Jul-20

wytex's embedded Photo
wytex's embedded Photo
wytex's embedded Photo
wytex's embedded Photo
wytex's embedded Photo
wytex's embedded Photo
wytex's embedded Photo
wytex's embedded Photo
Clemons fire is basically out. Crews did an outstanding job. The red flag winds came up while we were there Friday, stirred up the hot spots for the crews to get on. Landowners need to take heed to fire warnings, we saw the point of origin. Someone will be getting some hard questions.

13-Jul-20
New fire near Duck Creek in area 7.

29-Jul-20

gmanelkslayer's embedded Photo
gmanelkslayer's embedded Photo
Hey brother, this is a little late but here it is. Unit 7 is a great unit with lots of big bulls to chase with a bow. However, Fish and Game has given too many tags out for the unit and for far too long, effectively hurting the trophy potential. Even still, the unit seems to live on in the minds of elk hunters around the country, even if only through it's past reputation. That said, you can still expect encounters with 300'' - 350'' bulls. Very dry and rocky unit at times and in places. Elk here are very visual here so use that to your advantage. High bull to cow ratio here also lends to lots of aggression, evidenced by the number of broken antlers you are likely to encounter. I've hunted the unit quite a bit and shoot with a camera there regularly. I'm sure you have already been pointed in the right direction, but feel free to pm me if you would like more info.

• Sitka Gear