eidsvolling 04-Aug-20
South Farm 05-Aug-20
Dale06 06-Aug-20
Mnhunter1980 07-Aug-20
DeerAreTasty 07-Aug-20
12yards 07-Aug-20
South Farm 21-Aug-20
04-Aug-20
The primary Deer Permit Area I hunted in 2018 and 2019 as hunter choice is now a lottery area. Another DPA I hunted In 2018, south of Tower, was virtually devoid of sign today.

04-Aug-20
I meant to say a location within another DPA. Not being able to edit is a royal pain ...

05-Aug-20
Hunted that Ely, Tower, Babbit area for close to 25 years. Used to be awesome, but after hunting 2-3 years without anybody even seeing a deer we pulled up stakes and headed south. Still miss the country and hunting 9 days without seeing another soul, but finding a decent buck or any deer at all became the proverbial needle in a haystack. Not good when you live off venison..

06-Aug-20
Wolves, weather, disease or ,,,,?

07-Aug-20
I’m no biologist. But it’s wolves

07-Aug-20
There is a lot of public land and more every year. Some really good WMAs Northwest of the Twin Cities. Basically just take Highway 55 NW and you will come very close to many of them. Some really good ones near Paynesville and Belgrade. There is a lot of deer down in the lower half the state.

07-Aug-20
It's a combination of wolves and other predators, productivity of the land, and harsh winters.

21-Aug-20
..and urban sprawl chewing up woodlots in every direction around the cities. LOTS of people moving out these days.

• Sitka Gear