dice739 13-Oct-20
azelkhntr 13-Oct-20
dice739 14-Oct-20
creed 15-Oct-20
bowbender77 15-Oct-20
Knothead 16-Oct-20
azelkhntr 19-Oct-20
12-Oct-20
Good afternoon, I will be moving to Arizona in another year and this is the first time i have really gone through the entire hunting reg. Am i missing something or is almost every area for elk a draw/permit to bow hunt bulls/cow? I did find the non permit hunt but that does not allow you to hunt during sept. just looking to clarify thanks for any help

12-Oct-20
please let me add to my first post. I live in Washington state now and i can buy a elk tag and hunt pretty much anywhere in the state that is open. If there is a bull tag required i can still hunt for a cow or spike without drawing and if there is a cow tag permit required i can still hunt for a bull. Arizona regs look like you need a permit to hunt anything in any hunt unit or area. Thanks

12-Oct-20
Much different rules compared to your home state of Washington. With the exception of the OTC tags, all elk tags are draw and a unit specific hunt. Also, the legal wildlife is permit specific, i.e., cow tag is only for a cow and a bull tag is only for a bull. No mixing like you’re used too.

Double check those OTC tags, they are in fact available for September and for any elk. FAIR WARNING: Those tags are located in non-traditional elk habitats and are very, very difficult hunts due to limited elk numbers. Success is less than 1%. AZG&F offers these tags mostly due to landowner issues, i.e., farming degradation, and are mostly geared to locals that know the areas real well. Save your money and avoid these hunts! lol.

12-Oct-20
Forgot to mention, there are many OTC archery deer hunts available throughout the state if that interests you. Just check the regs for open dates and units....January/August/December

13-Oct-20
AZ8, Thanks so much for the info love spot and stalk mule deer hunting, have been lucky enough to take several really nice bucks in Alberta. Thanks again

13-Oct-20
Where in AZ you moving to?

14-Oct-20
We have not chosen an area yet still looking. Will be retiring to play golf, fish and hunt.

15-Oct-20
There are better places than central AZ. It is becoming a shithole with the explosive growth. Pollution, crime and liberals are ruining what used to be a great area to live.

15-Oct-20
Arizona is full but I hear that New Mexico is nice ;>)

16-Oct-20
Way more liberals in NM than in AZ but AZ is gaining ground pretty fast. Thanks Kalifornia

I was born and raised here and it used to be a great state but is barely a memory anymore. There are pros and cons wherever you go. Welcome to AZ but please don't try to change it to be like wherever you came from.

19-Oct-20
Don't vote for Mark Kelley my fellow Arizonans. Don't vote for any Dems.

• Sitka Gear