New Bow
Ohio
Contributors to this thread:
PSUFAN 14-Nov-20
CAS_HNTR 14-Nov-20
PSUFAN 14-Nov-20
Old Reb 16-Nov-20
14-Nov-20
Hello everyone, My first post and I am going to start with an equipment question. So I hunted Ohio, Michigan & Pennsylvania from the mid 80’s to the mid 90’s. Then got fully obsessed with duck hunting. And soon daughters and their sports took over for a bunch of years. Anyway, I plan on re-entering the bow hunting world and would like a little guidance on a good bow to purchase. My old bow should probably be in an antique museum somewhere. I’m aware every one has their own favorites and I will get a bunch of answers but that is exactly what I am looking for so when I start serious shopping I can have a number of bows to consider. Also, what should I stay away from. Thanks for any help you can offer!

14-Nov-20
There are alot of good bows anymore, it's hard to go wrong to be honest. More of what you like and 100% make sure it fits you.

If you can go shoot some at a dealer, that would be best.

I have shot Elite, Bear, Mathews, Hoyt, and now shoot a Darton. All have been good in general. You know what they say, it's the Indian not the bow!

14-Nov-20
Thanks for the info CAS HNTR! Mathews and Bear are definitely on the list to look at. PSE looks like it’s a popular choice also.

16-Nov-20
Don't forget to try out a Bowtech.

• Sitka Gear