Contributors to this thread:
Zim 28-Apr-21
jstephens61 29-Apr-21
Highlife 29-Apr-21
Zim 30-Apr-21
jstephens61 05-May-21
Zim 10-May-21
28-Apr-21
Took a while but finally drew a deer permit for Horseshoe Lake first choice Nov. 12-18. I scouted both Walker's Island & Bend Road area back in the day, ~6 years ago. Talked to a CO out there. Based on that trip, I gathered the best plan was to bring a bicycle and hunt the northern portion. Looked like the most bedding area, and not a bad 2 mile trip. Used to do 4 miles at Midewin. The CO was the only person I talked with about buck quality & quantity. My work travels are suspended due to Covid, but I'll have to get down there and scout at some point this summer. Not a good time of year to do so, but no choice. Wanted to seek any input.

29-Apr-21

29-Apr-21
Ouch lol

30-Apr-21
You do realize the rest of us mere mortals don’t even have pensions nor post retirement health insurance.......right? Private industry disposed of those decades ago, as unsustainable. We have these things called 401k savings accounts. Some folks view the world from a totally different perspective. They expect entitlements, grow accustomed to them, and take them for granted. Providing 30 seconds of input/opinions on some obscure public land seems the absolute minimum a guy could do considering us mortal’s inconvenience of being forced out of the state by insane $18,000/year property taxes.

05-May-21

jstephens61's embedded Photo
jstephens61's embedded Photo

10-May-21
Hmmmmm. No million dollar taxpayer strong-armed bloated pension listed? Bummer. What could possibly go wrong with $18,000/year property taxes?

• Sitka Gear