nogutsnostory 23-Dec-21
arlone 31-Dec-21
RD 01-Jan-22
jjs 03-Jan-22
Djl 04-Jan-22
23-Sep-21

RD's embedded Photo
RD's embedded Photo
Any body get any over the weekend? I was out in S.Dakota antelope hunting but got out the last 2 evenings, saw some does but no shooting. Anybody else? My South Dakota result. Good luck to everyone this season!

23-Sep-21

12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
Went Tuesday for the first time. Shot a nice 1 1/2 year old doe.

26-Sep-21
Congrats on the antelope, and no wheels on your bow. That’s impressive! I won’t start hunting here till late October.

27-Sep-21

Tonybear61's embedded Photo
Congrats on the antelope Randy.

I have been out three times since opener.

Had 4 bucks in front of me one night. A 3,4,5, and wide but skinny 6 pt. 13-19 yards. Didn't shoot any as I have high hopes from the pics end of last season.

I am hoping the ones I saw in Dec. are still alive.

27-Sep-21

13-Oct-21
Nope, no hunting yet. Will be in a metro MBRB hunt in western burbs of the twin cities, this weekend.

14-Oct-21

RD's embedded Photo
RD's embedded Photo
Didn't get one this spring but had 15 come by last evening, 14 walked away

14-Oct-21
Congrats, like the bow, only way to go for bowhunting.

16-Oct-21

RD's embedded Photo
RD's embedded Photo
Colder days got the deer moving, got this one this morning

17-Oct-21
Had a bunch of turkeys come by about 6:15 but all out of range. 4 deer too, also out of range. Way cool to see the moon come up tonight.

10-Nov-21
My tag is used with a doe in the freezer.....but if you are still hunting, time to be out there! My brother-in-law shot a beauty yesterday (with a rifle) at 9:20 and it was the third buck that passed by chasing a doe. The first two earlier were a small 3x3 or Y and one was a spike with his tongue hanging out to the side. Sounds like time for the all day sit? Good luck to those still hunting.

10-Nov-21
Yes, still hunting but kind of disappointed , my 2 biggest bucks on camera went down this past weekend. Not getting many pictures since Friday. I did shoot a 130" 8 pt with shotgun Saturday SE of here about 40 miles. We can shoot 3 bucks in the CWD zone so now it's back to bow.

14-Nov-21

RD's embedded Photo
RD's embedded Photo
small one but good on the table

14-Nov-21
The hunters on the small farm I hunt near home shot 5 bucks and a doe by 9:30 AM opening day.I passed on all those bucks during bow season.But they are meat hunters and that's why they let me on the place.

Up North we have wolves and they are knocking down the deer numbers. Seeing 1-3 maybe on a weekend when I used to see between 10-50. Disappointing.

15-Nov-21
Congrats on the kills RD! Great year for you!

12-Dec-21

TonyBear's embedded Photo
Once again its Dec. season waiting for a chance on the remaining bucks in the area.

Getting them to show up during the daylight is still a challenge...

12-Dec-21

12-Dec-21

Some bucks are loosing their antlers

12-Dec-21
The snow will stop some of my hunting, I walked into one of my areas yesterday and realized I'm 73 not 43 anymore, most the way I was up to my knees. Saw one tiny fawn and my camera had only does and fawns. Next weekend is kill everything weekend again so I'll try hard this week.

14-Dec-21
Good for you RD still getting out there.

We had 6-8 inches where I hunt, the southern end of the same county got 20 inches...

14-Dec-21
never seen you use a recurve before. Nice lope

20-Dec-21
Getting towards the end, had a nice one come by last evening right at dark but no shot. The cwd hunt didn't have many hunters out that I saw, I think most everybody that wanted a deer has taken one.

20-Dec-21
Getting towards the end, had a nice one come by last evening right at dark but no shot. The cwd hunt didn't have many hunters out that I saw, I think most everybody that wanted a deer has taken one.

21-Dec-21

Dec buck in the snow
Dec buck in the snow
They were moving in daylight on Sunday, surprising how bright it was after dark while packing one out.

21-Dec-21
Congrats TonyBear!

21-Dec-21
Good job Tony!

22-Dec-21
I wasn't able to get to it to break it all the way down for processing, now basically frozen solid. Any recommendations on processing myself (other than heating the garage for a couple of days). I haven't had that happen in a long time.

22-Dec-21
The last time that happened to me I took a meat saw and cut it in half and hung it in my basement until I could work on it. If I remember it was about 2 days. In 1998 (?) I shot one on New Years Eve (-19 deg) and then went away for 2 days with family. When I got home it was like a cement block and I ended up taking it to a locker plant where it hung in their cooler for 4 days before it could be cut. Good luck!

23-Dec-21
Congratulations!!

31-Dec-21
When I was growing up and after I left home, Dad would bring the whole deer into the house and lay on the dining room floor to thaw so him and Mom could cut skin, cut up, and wrap it the next day. Great memories!

01-Jan-22
The CWD hunt is going on here today and tomorrow but I'm staying in. I missed a nice doe Thursday right at quitting time and yesterday I still hunted a woods but saw more coyote tracks than deer. Had a good season, maybe 2022 will be better! Happy New Year!

03-Jan-22
Finish the last day of the year shooting some pheasants and in the oven New Year Day, originally from Ia. and old habits are hard to break especially with a good bird dog. Busting rooster out of snow is still a beautiful thing. Good hunting.

04-Jan-22
Jon, I agree. I was out as well and managed one more on the last day of 2021. I'm on my second season with my lab. I love when I get a close flush and everything happens in slow mo.

• Sitka Gear