RC 01-Oct-18
Rut Nut 02-Oct-18
Bowbender 02-Oct-18
Rut Nut 02-Oct-18
Lyman 02-Oct-18
Bowbender 02-Oct-18
HARRY CARRY 02-Oct-18
01-Oct-00
What more can I say.... the title sums it up.

A heavy dew on the grass as you walk to your stand in the pre dawn darkness...Orion, lone hunter of the night sky, bold and fearless in the Southeastern sky...a lone owl hoots as his nightly hunt is near completion...climbing into your treestand, the anticipation is unbearable...a pale indigo glow envolopes your suroundings...all creatures great and small begin to stir...a sureal sense of relaxation takes over...time passes ever so slowly...there's no longer a sense of urgency, no deadlines, no schedules...just you, God, and all of his wonderful creation. Some of us hunt to kill, some of us kill to have hunted. Either way, all of us should take some time while we are hunting and remind ourselves how fortunate we are to be blessed with an oppurtunity to observe nature at work. The cycle of life and death, our minute significance in the grand scheme of things, and our common bond to all things living. In this age of E-commerce and shrink wrapped beef it's a great feeling to know that you are capable of providing for you and your family just as our ancestors did for countless eons. I've always wondered why the leaves change color in the autumn, and today I now know why...it's God's gift to the bowhunter.

Pepe

01-Oct-00
Well said DWS. It sure is a gorgeous time of year to be in the woods. I am off work Mon. and Tues. can't wait to do it all over again.

01-Oct-00
Pepe,

Probably one of the best posts to this forum in ages. Thank you.

01-Oct-00
Amen brother.

01-Oct-00
For having a name like Pepe you sure are one deep fellow...are you sure your name isn't plato?

Terrific thread...keep it coming!

02-Oct-00
Skunker Dude... The leaves change colors because the colder weather slows down the food process up the tree. Then along comes bow hunters. But yes I Love October too.

02-Oct-00
RC, I know HOW the leaves change, it's the WHY part I was pondering.

Pepe

11-Jul-01
Pepe,

Thanks for dredging this thread up! This is exactly what I needed to read this morning. I have been noticing the daylight arriving later and later each morning!!!

11-Jul-01
Yep. The only difference is that instead of firearms being shot at groundhogs(as they are now), they'll be ripping at the fuzzies.

12-Jul-01
I don't divide my year into 12 months. My year is split into three time periods: Before bow season, bow season, and after bow season.

I can't wait!

17-Jul-01
The urge is definatly starting to boil in my blood! Seems each year I get that feeling earlier and earlier.

)))--BERK--)

17-Jul-01
I am shooting. It cannot get here soon enough.

01-Oct-02
500,000 muzzleloader folks are ecstatic:^)

01-Oct-02
I havn't been able to go to sleep the last couple of nights. Should have seen the moon at midnight.

01-Oct-02
Real muzzleloader hunters use flintlocks after Christmas.

02-Oct-02
RC said, "Real Bow Hunters get tougher!"

Bob says. "Roy what would you know bout getting tougher. On your worst day you do not experience what I do in order to get into the woods every day." Because you chose to hunt you own santuary, you do not have to deal with any of the outside factors that most of the rest of us must tolerate. Have you had anyone come walking by your stand lately, during prime shooting hours. You are just too far removed from the real enviroment, that most bowhunters must try to hunt in.

RC said, "Real Traditional Hunters Shoot Longbows/Selfbows And Wooden Arrows Too. And Never Shoot Pink Feathers:)"

Bob ask. "Why is it so important that you must be continually telling us here how much of a real hunter you are?"

You should probably dis-associate yourself from me, as I am not in your opinion a real hunter.

02-Oct-02
LOL...cmon RC...give him a break. Its Pre-Bowseason anxiety right Bobby?

Bob, you can come hunt my sanctuary any day...hassle free I promise.

I am also thankful that it is October.

Red

02-Oct-02
My tags are for 3 counties. Not 3 acres.

02-Oct-02
Roy said, "Bob are you on your period again? Are you going to dis-associate yourself from your son and blood brothers who hunt with compounds and muzzleloaders? Get a grip on yourself boy! Better yet go take a bath and beat the crap out of the rubber duck!"

Another typical nose pressed hard to the top of the can response.

02-Oct-02
You two fight nice now. :)

Phil

02-Oct-02
Phil. Did you see what he said? People like him shouldn't even be allowed to buy a archery stamp. Kinda reminds me of a inline intruder.

02-Oct-02
Bob, you know I see what RC says. And I hope you know that it goes in one ear and out the other. Not because there's nothing there to stop it either. :)

Actually I didn't see what he said, but I'm sure it was harmless. I'm not sure Ropy ever says anything he really means, even when he tells me he thinks I'm OK. :)

Phil

02-Oct-02
Sorry Roy, that one won't fly.

Phil

02-Oct-02
:)......see post on " three bean chili" ...nice thread, here.

03-Oct-02
Danceswithskunks, It's difficult sometimes to relay the atavistic side of the sport and what it means to the archer. I like what you wrote...it makes sense and it is appropriate. October is nature resting before going to bed. Many times we only find solace in a colorful October woods and we look at the fallen leaves as a harbinger of a dead winter. I enjoy the winter months as well; the woods are empty of people, for the most part, and there is plenty of wildlife there. Here in the DuBois, big woods, the gray squirrels provide a lot of action for the archer til near the end of February...by then we're only a month from spring. Life goes by way too quickly. I don't know how I got to be 56 years old; I was only 35 a few years ago. Each fall is to be taken-in and digested; caressed, adored and waved goodbye to in an appreciative manner. In our lifetimes, if we're lucky, we will only see maybe 80 of them. This is my 56th and that means I have less to see than I have already witnessed. We need to celebrate all of the seasons, but we should, as archers, have a special affinity for the fall months....the color, the deer, the stumps and all that is good. Thanks for jarring the embers that have been simmering since last year. Thank God indeed for October. George

24-Aug-03
Yes, archery season is coming. Dave (aka 13 points) just walked in the house from his walk in the woods to decided which deer to tie to a tree for the first day.

24-Aug-03
My dag and I went outside this morning at 6:30 and I knew the time was close at hand.I will begin hanging stands this week.

25-Aug-03
i cant wait for october. last year i missed a big buck and i cant wait to get to him this year

25-Aug-03
I took 3 does during archery season in West Chester last year including my first deer & i cant wait for that feeling again. BowBoy age 13

04-Jun-04
did anyone notice ORION inhabits the SOUTHERN sky???? all goo d things are southern. JBR

04-Jun-04
I'm still licking my wounds from turkey season.

04-Jun-04
Seeing this post is funny I was sitting up with some friends a couple of nights ago and we all said It was about time for summer to go a way so we could start chasing deer again. Glad to see I’m not the only one longing for next season.

04-Jun-04
caught a wiff of a freshly road killed deer the other day, you know, that gut pile smell. made me think it was october. time to start gearing up.

30-Jul-04
Dave, I was up at my father-in-law's place in the Pokienos last weekend. He has chestnut and white oaks. The acorns seem to be plentiful. They were kinda small. Do they still have some growing to do?

I'd like to get over to our place in Bucks County soon to check on things there. I keep thinking back to last season when I had those six bucks chasing the lone yearling doe around! Boy, that memory will never get old for me. As far as I know, five of those six are still out there getting bigger and older. The other (biggest) one went home with me that day!

30-Jul-04

31-Jul-04
Eoin, Pokienos? I thought the correct spelling was Poke-a-nose.

Tonight coming in to work I saw 6 deer all six were bucks (2 groups of 3) and last week I seen 4 bucks together at 0830 in the morning.

Mast crops look good. The locust, sycamore trees are starting to yellow up some. Blue berrys and mushrooms seem to be Plentiful also.

Andy

23-Sep-04
DWS,

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought "Someone has been hitting the fridge too had and drinking to many cold ones!" But then I see you orginated this thread in October of 2000!!! How did this get brought back to the top again? In September!! It will be good to see October, even here in the lowcountry of SC where it will still be in the 80s. But I'm looking forward to the first week of November when I go to WV for my annnual week of deerhunting with the stick and string!!!

Bill

Bill

23-Sep-04

A bow hunter is a breed like no other. He patiently waits, stalks passes up less than perfect shots waiting for his quarry. Then on that crisp cool autumn morning he draws his bow and releases into the reward of a lifetime.

TG

24-Sep-04
Got my stickbow ready, all my clothes are washed and drying out on the line, my 3-D targets are starting to look like they need replacement vitals. Acorns are dropping up on the mountain - Yeah, I'm ready like a kid before Christmas.

27-Sep-04
I'm rarin' to go. The nights are getting colder and the leaves are starting to turn. Yee haa! Bow season is almost here!

28-Sep-04
LESS THAN 4 DAYS TO GO FOLKS!!!! WOOHOOOOOOO

28-Sep-04
Punched a bunch into the target last night to vent some anticipation, my targets about had it. Still many things to prepare and little time!

28-Sep-04
been hunting my new home state of Maryland for a few weeks. got one down so far. can't wait to hunt the mountains of PA!

To Pennsylvania - by Earl Schaffer

When the leaves start a changin' and the corn is turning gold. When the polecats start a ranging cause the nights are gettin' cold. When the October moon's a shinin' Cross a meadow filled with dew, There's an exile who's a pinin' to be comin' home to you!

28-Sep-04
Looks like rain for Saturday-cross your fingers.

28-Sep-04
Rain in the afternoon will only make morning better.

Good Luck everyone.

Mike

28-Sep-04
the last time it rained in the afternoon on the frist day I got a nine point in the morning that was overcasted.......hmmm

28-Sep-04
Good luck to all in 2004.

29-Sep-04
2 DAYS 21 HOURS !!!!!!WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

01-Oct-04
21 1/2 hours til starting time!!!!!

Dave yer a tad bit early, don't shoot anything yet unless it's at Roy's hunting preserve!!!

01-Oct-04
1 more class, rest, friday nite football game agianst biggest rival we have, and some sleep if i can get it!! 18 hours baby!!

01-Oct-04
14 HOURS!!!! I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

02-Oct-04
ROCK-N-ROLL!!

03-Oct-04
Holly smokes! I just realized that the original thread is from October 2000. What a great way to remember things. I had heart surgery that year that changed my life for ever. For the better, that is. As I am healthier than ever, but much more appreciative of each day, and for that matter, for each October. Tying things back to the original thread, what a beautiful way to describe it. Maybe a little sentimental today, but if not for anyhting else, the thread brought tears. I'd like to see some more good writting like that.

01-Sep-05
:)

01-Sep-05
Not to bring a "downer" to this thread, but as Buckmaster noted, it is from October 2000, eleven months before 9-11-01 when lots of things changed, some forever in our minds, many, many unhappy and unpleasant things...but the changing leaves, smells in the air, crunching leaves, that wonderful blend of warm afternoons and cool evenings, whitetails appearing like ghosts out of the mist...many pleasant things still endure and call us to rise each morning. I do love it, I love it so.

01-Sep-05
Good'n Skunker!

26-Sep-05
I just had to bump this thread back to the top. DWS sums it up so well.

26-Sep-05
Yea...YA can tell it's getting close...I saw a buck the other morning when I pulled in the driveway after work. It was real foggy out. The kind of fog that just hangs super low to the ground. Mostly could see it's antlers. It was a real good buck to. It's neck was real thick...unlikely so... It was feeding off of the ground and when I shut my door on the truck it looked directly at me and then did that non-chalant look the other way and then in an incredible burst of energy just took off for the tree line. The fog was so low and thick all I could see was his horns bobbing up and down with each powerful stride that bad boy was pouring on. It was like a picture out of a post card or somethin.

What a sight to see.

That dude has some strength.

As I play it back in my mind...it was like it was in slow motion.

What a majestic animal.

Oh, Well, time to put on some bluegrass music and get things in order...ya know, finishing up the small details.

C'mon archery!

26-Sep-05
Not even going to Hunt for a few weeks yet.. Nothing left here to Hunt..

28-Sep-05
3 days baby!! 3 Days!!

03-Oct-05
i no! 8(

03-Oct-05
Looks like Friday is the turning point here in the southeastern part of the state. Nothing above the 60's according to the weather man. 8)

03-Oct-05
......24 degrees F in Edmonton overnight tonight. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

03-Oct-05

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

03-Oct-05
8)

03-Oct-05

wannabe's embedded Photo
wannabe's embedded Photo

03-Oct-05

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

04-Oct-05
Yeah, ok. Which is the smarter end???LOL

04-Oct-05
Do I really have to answer tha Spidy?

04-Oct-05

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
Who's the donkey in dah middle?:)

04-Oct-05

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

05-Oct-05
Don, ya might not want to answer that one :)

Kev, I'll take em all. I was sittin in some brush tuesday gettin about a quart drained from me by the thirsty little monsters. But it's still better than reinsulating the attic :)

01-Oct-07
The leaves are turning here, I love this time of year. Even if I can't hunt I still really enjoy it.

01-Oct-07
Yep...fall colors, football, and hunting. Man, life doesn't get any better.

01-Oct-07
Dang.....you dug this one up from WAY back:^)

01-Oct-07
Atta boy Dave.

03-Oct-07
Certainly does not FEEL like October out there right now....

04-Oct-07
The mornings ain't bad. I can't wait to start 3-11.

01-Nov-07
Thank God it's November:)

01-Nov-07
AMEN! This is the 2 weeks I LIVE for every year! :)

24-Jul-08
I CANT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER!!! I LOVE UNPACKING THE BOW AND THEN PRACTICING FOR THE FIRST TIME THAT LAST WEEK!!! GETS MY JUICES FFFFFFLLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWIIIINNNNGGGG YEEEEE HHHAAAAAWWWW!

24-Jul-08
Agimitator!!! Last week my cheeks! Iz knoz you bettr den dat!

24-Jul-08
What is it with Skunker? He only shows up once a year anymore.

How you doing Skunker?

25-Jul-08
I went through this entire thread. It looks like quite a few posts are missing. What's up with that?

25-Jul-08

25-Jul-08

01-Oct-08
Now that's my type of a pot of gold. DWS, nice pics.

01-Oct-08
Good luck and safe seasons to all. Gotta love October.

01-Oct-08
I started up m laptop this morning, saw the bowsite link and thought of this thread, lol.

01-Oct-08
Happy October all. Good luck and be safe in the coming seasons.

01-Oct-08

Bowinkle's embedded Photo
Bowinkle's embedded Photo
3 days and a wake-up.

Good luck to all.

01-Oct-08

Joe by the 3 rivers's embedded Photo
"Yeah, I'm ready like a kid before Christmas."- Salty Dog

It is the most wonderful time of the year!

Joe

01-Oct-08

Speaking of Rednecks.....A Redneck Fire Alarm....

Been waiting a long time to use this one.

Joe

01-Oct-08
lol Joe, thats pricless!

02-Oct-08
Sat. morning will be sitting in the climber,bow ready,release on,arrow nocked,close your eyes and you can listen to the woods start to come alive around you. Its even starting to smell like fall!! C'MON SATURDAY!!

02-Oct-08
RIGHT ON!!!!! I'm gonna get my bow down from the garage attic and start shootin tonight!! Those new Rage Bh's will fly like my field points- I dont even havta shoot em!! Anything BROWN is DOWN!!

Kill 'em- Peel 'em -N- GRILL 'em!!

~(8o)

02-Oct-08
Sounds stupid huh... Well I heard this corruption last eve as I walked out to thrash in the garage. Dang sounded familiar.

I look across the alley to see my neighbor shooting his bow with expandables in the back of his garage. So he comes over to BS.... You guessed it... Pretty much the EXACT scenario as above.~(8o(

01-Oct-09
Nine years running! It seems like an annual tradition to bring this one up. So, here it is...

01-Oct-09
Yeah man! Finally. It's nice and chilly outside, it just feels like October today!!

01-Oct-09
Yeah this is my favorite time of year, I'm in one of my stands right now thinking 9 years back... Got my first buck with a bow in 2000 and met my wife... Good year!

01-Oct-09
Found a decent looking spot on SGL last night, acorns everywhere, rubs and a scrape in between a corn field and a small swamp.

01-Oct-09
I'm ready and waiting. As usual enjoyed the original post. God bless.

01-Oct-09
I just switched strings on my bow and spent the evening shooting the bail. Swapped out my B50 string for a 450+ on my K-mag. If it ain't raining tomorrow when I get out of work I will be out on the range getting used to it.

01-Oct-09
I just pulled out my bow and cleaned 'er up!! The string thingy that you look thru had moved a bit so I put some 'lectric tape on to hold it!

1 sight pin hickey broke so I found one that may work even tho it's different. I put it on for my 60 yard pin!!!

Gonna sight that puppy in tomorrow night!!

GOOD LUCK FOLKS!!!

02-Oct-09
just finished putting new blades in my broadheads,and aligned the nocks on my arrows. packing the quiver is definately my favorite activity of bowmas eve.just thinking about how many hunters across the state are doing the same thing. there was lots of camo in walmart today.:) i had to pick up some scent away laundry detergent.got a tweet on my cell phone from blake shelton this morning saying he shot his first doe of the season in oklahoma. im planning a short hunt in the stand i have the least confidence in the morning if no rain. have to quit at 9 for a soccer game,then get back in at 2:30 or so w/ the climber above a heavily used trail.

good luck everyone,hunt safe

02-Oct-09
At 7:00 today 2 doe just walked in my back yard. My son asked if I was going to put the big one down. I told him it is much more challenging in THEIR back yard.

Joe

01-Oct-11
October.... the only month that matters!

01-Oct-11
Wow,

I remeber this post when it originated:) Lots of names above that I havn't seen posts from in years. Who the heck is Dale Hajas:)

I hope everyone who got out today had a good time. My season won't start till the end of the month. I'm counting the days.

01-Oct-11
~(8o)

01-Oct-11
Gotta love October!

02-Oct-11
The trouble with October it isn't all year long.

25-Sep-12
Iyuski olepi mitawa misu.

25-Sep-12
Wow- this is an oldie but goodie!

I wonder how the old boy DWS is doin'?!

And it looks like alot of guys changed their "handles" over the years! ;-)

25-Sep-12

26-Sep-12
Wow....Better get the bow out huh??

26-Sep-12

Two Hawks's Link
Hanhepi iyuha mi ihanbla ohinni yelo

Òn sunkmanitutankapi hena, sunkawakanpi watogha hena,

oblaye t'ankapi oihankesni hena

T'at'epi kin asni kiyasni he akatanhanpi iwankal

Oblaye t'anka kin osicesni mitakuyepi òn

Makoce kin wakan Wakan Tanka kin òn

Miwicala ohinni - Hanhepi iyuha kici - Anpetu iyuha kici yelo

Mi yececa hehaka kin yelo, na ni yececa sunkmanitutankapi

kin ka mikaga wowasaka isom

Uncinpi tuweni nitaku keyas ta k'u

Unwakupi e'cela e wiconi wanji unmakainapi ta yelo

Anpetu waste e wan olowan le talowan winyan ta yelo

Unwanagi pi lel e nita it'okab o'ta ye

Untapi it'okab o'ta

Na e kte ena òn hanska ohakap ni itansni a'u nita ni ihanke yelo

- - - - -

"I still dream every night Of them wolves, them mustangs, those endless prairies The restless winds over mountaintops The unspoiled frontier of my kith n'kin The hallowed land of the Great Spirit I still believe In every night In every day I am like the caribou And you like the wolves that make me stronger We never owed you anything Our only debt is one life for our Mother It is a good day to chant this song for Her

Our spirit was here long before you Long before us And long will it be after your pride brings you to your end "

26-Sep-12
I wonder if RC is still being watched for disrespectful behavior? If so, thats a very long time to be on the "bench". LOL

Love this thread each year and look forward to reading Skunkers post.

Enjoy it guys, it doesn't last long enough, thats for sure.

27-Sep-12
Still my all time favorite Bowsite post.

28-Sep-12
Yeah, that's a great quote! Kinda explains why we LOVE this time of year so much! :)

01-Oct-13

Two Hawks's embedded Photo
Two Hawks's embedded Photo
With an extremely successful 5C hunt that gave us a bear as a bonus, the Red Gods are smiling once again.

01-Oct-13
Had an omen last night. Saw a white buck that was as wide as his ears with at least 6 up.

01-Oct-13
White deer bad medicine. No shoot.

03-Oct-13

Joe The Teacher's embedded Photo
Joe The Teacher's embedded Photo
In a treestand has always been my best prayer time.

03-Oct-13
Amen Joe! The Good Lord smiled down on us this year Two Hawks!

04-Oct-13
Heading to the big woods today. Short stay with only a few days of hunting involved, but every minute will be cherished! I haven't hunted on the first day in years. Usually my vacation days are saved for early Nov, but since I didn't go out west this year I have some extra time. I don't have visions of horns dancing thru my head. Just countless hours spent outdoors, long walks, and hopefully a few brief moments that burn into memory bank. I'm looking forward to seeing the leaves, smelling the air, and catching up with old friends. This is what hunting is about for me! Good luck to everyone!

04-Oct-13
Best of luck everyone. I'm taking the boy out in the morning and maybe the afternoon if it isn't too hot. Be safe.

04-Oct-13
Well said, Chuck! I feel the same way- time cherished in the treestand looking over HIS creation and taking in the sights smells and sounds!!!!!!!!! Isn;t it amazing how the air just "smells" like archery season this time of year????!!!!!

04-Oct-13
That's right Joe. I feel closer to my Maker in a tree stand,than anywhere. Including church.

04-Oct-13
Shoot that white deer Art. Years ago I shot a pure albino doe during archery season hunting off the ground. Later that year I killed a 180in whitetail. I'm still alive. Not bad luck

Good luck everyone

Mike

03-Oct-14
14 years and going strong. 2 days late but had RL issues to attend to.

03-Oct-14
Still my favorite post here. We will get to witness that tomorrow mornin'. Good luck and be safe!!!

01-Oct-15
Once again our great mother's journey has brought us to this sacred time where she provides for us. Take care of her and she will be good to you.

01-Oct-15
Best time of year! Gonna go get my 10 pt cb tomorrow night. Can't wait! Pick her up by 3 - proshop guy gonna sight her in for me! He put my arrahs together too! What a guy! Says Rages will fill the cages:) Heck with all that preparation stuff....

Anybody wanna carry my new bow for me?:)

Good luck!

01-Oct-15
I'll carry it.

01-Oct-15
Did you get the optional wheels and pull harness for it? Otherwise you need someone with lottsa doe tags to carry it for you.

01-Oct-15
Thanks guyz! I'll carry the new tripod that holds it! :)

01-Oct-15
Dale- you must be hangin' around Roy a lot lately! ;-)

04-Dec-15
Dances With Skunks passed away yesterday. Rest in peace David.

04-Dec-15
In Memory of......

"May choirs of Angels sing thee to thy rest....."

Cya DWS

09-Dec-15
What Dale says.Will say some prayers in my tree stand for you Dave.

09-Dec-15
Well said Dale! Will think of him and say a prayer as the sun rises on Sat. morning.

09-Dec-15
If you haven't done so already, read the first post in this thread. Fifteen years ago!! Wow. RIP DWS

17-Dec-15
Thanks Gal ....he said it all. It gave me goosebumps.

18-Dec-15
My all time favorite thread. Gave me goose bumps then, as it does now. I hope this thread never gets lost in cyber space.

RIP DWS

18-Dec-15
One of the best sentences I've ever read; "I've always wondered why the leaves change color in the autumn, and today I now know why...it's God's gift to the bowhunter."

18-Dec-15
I waited every October for David to bring this thread back up. We had quite a few in depth conversations on the phone while we were both sitting in our tree stands.. I'd hang up and sit there and smile. :)

30-Sep-16
Here's to ya, David..

30-Sep-16
GL to all

sitting in a stand right now

bill v

30-Sep-16
This will never grow old.

Thanks DWS >>>-------->

30-Sep-16
:)

01-Oct-16
Sounds as good today (maybe better), as the day it was written.

God Bless DWS!!

Good luck to all, and be safe out there.

BSked

Sittin in a tree in Vermont, where my passion for huntin started!!

01-Oct-16
Still my favorite thread of all time.

The deep appreciation for the outdoors has never been put into words as well as this.

Its hard to believe how fast time goes by.

RIP DWS

01-Oct-18
TTT Howdy David..

02-Oct-18
Doesn't feel like Oct- it was 74 degrees yesterday. But it will eventually cool down and leaves will change and the adrenaline will flow...................................... ;-)

02-Oct-18
But it will eventually cool down and leaves will change and the blood will flow...................................... ;-)

FIFY

02-Oct-18
LOL! THAT too Bowbender! : )

02-Oct-18
Where oh where is Jeff Pike when ya need him? LOL. Me and Skunker spent HOURS seting Pike up back in the good old days. RIP Skunker.

02-Oct-18

Bowbender's embedded Photo
Bowbender's embedded Photo
Ahhhhhhh-ctober!!

02-Oct-18
18 years since this thread started. And the appreciations of October are still the same. Not so much with the names, sadly. And a lot of names now that weren't here 18 years ago.

Enjoy the month. The sights, sounds, aromas. The quiet, and the good noise.

Soon enough, this October, this October 2018 will also be history.....

• Sitka Gear