Lunker 26-Jan-24
MA-PAdeerslayer 26-Jan-24
Pi 26-Jan-24
Proline 27-Jan-24
IsaacMoore 27-Jan-24
01-Oct-21

mrw's embedded Photo
mrw's embedded Photo
Looking at my hunting boots and I found this summers humidity had them covered in mold. It's hard enough finding size 14 wides let alone one's that are as nice as these Mendl's. So I went looking for a cure and some gal in Florida suggested wipe them down with water/vinegar. So I did and it cleaned them up nice and quick. I was kind of amazed by how fast it went and how all of the mold is gone!

Thought I'd share in case someone else has that problem.

01-Oct-21
Wow, thats cool. Where did you store them? Funky to see all that mold, makes me wonder if a different storage spot could be better?

01-Oct-21
In the garage. Also belts, other shoes, leather jackets and other leather goods.

01-Oct-21
My first though was bleach, but I guess that would harm the shoe material?

02-Oct-21
I wouldn’t spray bleach on my leather boots 2 days before season unless you’re hunting the YMCA indoor pool. Mold isn’t as bad as most people think and probably worse than what I think. I’ve eaten quite a bit of food with some mold- just cut it off etc…

02-Oct-21
A little olive oil some provolone and prossuto you'll be living large on stand...lol

02-Oct-21
Yeah Mark. Vinegar has been used as a cleaning agent for centuries. We use it on our hardwoods.

03-Oct-21
The EPA recommends mild detergent with surfactant qualities for mold.

25-Apr-23
These are short-term solutions. You need someone to get rid of mold for you forever.

25-Apr-23
mrw, Consider seal and waterproof the leather with Snow Seal (beeswax waterproofing) ; also reduces scent of leather as it dries scent free. Can darken suede and some leathers.

25-Apr-23
Certified in mold remediation. The only proven thing to kill mold is hydrogen peroxide

04-May-23
Hey there, thanks for sharing your mold removal solution for your hunting boots. I've dealt with mold before, and it can be a real pain. I'm glad to hear that the water/vinegar mixture worked for you! I'll definitely keep that in mind for any future mold issues.Speaking of which, I actually came across some helpful information about mold removal services that might be useful for anyone who is dealing with a serious mold problem. I discovered this website called Aiden's Property Services (https://aidens.property/) which offers mold removal services.

26-Jan-24
Today, I cleaned my closet and found out that my favorite shoes are covered in mold. What should I do?

26-Jan-24
Buy new ones.

26-Jan-24
Go shoeless.

26-Jan-24
Wait 3 years for this to conclude...

27-Jan-24
I have had it happen several times when leaving boots in the cellar during the summer on the cement floor. I have always taken the boots outside in put them in the hot sun let them dry and bushed most of the mold off. Them run them under the outside faucet and brush them again with the water flowing. Let them dry again in the hot sun and then wear them. No issue. Like above a little snow seal is a good plan

27-Jan-24
I had the same issue a while ago. So, I wiped down my boots with the water and vinegar mixture, and I kid you not, it worked like magic! The mold disappeared in no time, and my boots looked as good as new. I was seriously amazed at how fast and effective it was. I figured, hey, if I had this problem, someone else might too. That's why I wanted to share this tip with the hunting community. But here's the thing: if anyone ever faces a more serious mold issue in their home or gear, don't hesitate to reach out to a professional mold Inspection company . They've got the expertise to tackle the tough cases.

• Sitka Gear