Nyati 03-Feb-22
Babysaph 06-Feb-22
Babysaph 06-Feb-22
Babysaph 06-Feb-22
Babysaph 06-Feb-22
Nyati 06-Feb-22
Jack Whitmrie jr 09-Feb-22
28-Jan-22
KEYSER, W.Va. — Eight individuals, including two former Mineral County Deputies and an EMS Chief in Maryland, are charged in a widespread poaching investigation in West Virginia’s Potomac Highlands region.

“Our officers were receiving complaints about spotlighting in an area of Mineral County and started working it in the early part of fall. The investigation continued into December when they started getting the case together,” said Lt. Tim White of the West Virginia Natural Resources Police.

The case includes 223 separate charges. Each individual faces an array of those charges. Two of those cited are Tyler Biggs and Dalton Dolly, both of whom were Mineral County Sheriff’s Deputies at the time of the alleged offenses. Both were placed on administrative leave pending an internal investigation. Mineral County Sheriff Forrest “Buddy” Ellifritz told the Cumberland Times newspaper both resigned before the internal investigation could begin.

30-Jan-22
Just my opinion , If these men are found guilty They should never own a firearm or hunt in WV again , fined the max and spend time in jail .

30-Jan-22
I agree, given their positions, they should get the maximum penalty--whatever that is.

31-Jan-22
Saw that Dave. My neck of the woods now. I sold my place in Pendleton County and bought a place in Mineral County. Can't get away from it. What do they get out of that? Real hunters. LOL

02-Feb-22
Sad part is - this isn’t the first time law enforcement officers here in the panhandle have been caught poaching.

All groups of people have their rotten apples I guess - just reaches out and shocks you sometimes.

I can only think that in some areas there are so many deer and they consider them a nuisance and think it just doesn’t matter.

02-Feb-22
But what do they get out of it?

03-Feb-22
Babysaph,

As a resident of Mineral County, maybe a call to magistrate to relate to importance of wildlife would be in order.

03-Feb-22
I am not a resident of Mineral county. I just wondered what Poachers like that get out of it? But I will call the magistrate anyway

03-Feb-22
I called the magistrate today and gave him what for and he hung up on me.

03-Feb-22
JR, why did u sell your place in Pendleton county ? I thought that was your getaway

06-Feb-22
I bought another place closer in Mineral County. I havnt sold it yet. Still moving stuff from there to the new place. Now have ti build a new cabin. I have more land now. Was tough decision because I built the cabin myself. Never build anything in my life and worked on it between hunting and fixing teeth. Took me 7 years to finish it . I hope this place has some deer that the deputies didn’t kill ??

06-Feb-22
I bought another place closer in Mineral County. I havnt sold it yet. Still moving stuff from there to the new place. Now have ti build a new cabin. I have more land now. Was tough decision because I built the cabin myself. Never build anything in my life and worked on it between hunting and fixing teeth. Took me 7 years to finish it . I hope this place has some deer that the deputies didn’t kill ??

06-Feb-22
Here is the one I built in Pendleton County

06-Feb-22

Babysaph's embedded Photo
Babysaph's embedded Photo
Here is the one I built in Pendleton County

06-Feb-22
Cool

09-Feb-22
Neet cabin

• Sitka Gear