dpms 10-Mar-22
Supernaut 10-Mar-22
dpms 10-Mar-22
LOSTNwoods 14-Mar-22
Bowhunting 5C 14-Mar-22
dpms 15-Mar-22
06-Mar-22

Stix's Link
Please consider using the attached link to write to the PA legislature to legalize Sunday hunting in PA.

https://www.howlforwildlife.org/pa_sunday_hunting

06-Mar-22
Hey Stix who is on the BOD of this group?

06-Mar-22
HUSH again,

06-Mar-22
Dale,

If you are referring to HOWL, It was actually put together last year to by 2 California hunters who were opposed to the legislation to ban bear hunting. HOWL is not really a group, or an organization, but more of a grass roots effort for hunters across the nation to respond to both threats to hunting and fishing and support pro hunting initiatives. They are much like the Sportsmans Alliance, but are more effective with their email generators, having pre-worded, but modifiable emails pre-addressed to lawmakers and decision makers. You can send a donation, which will help with the administrative costs of maintaining the website and efforts to be effective. Many folks here in Colorado were amazed at the positive momentum that this effort gave on defeating a mountain lion hunt ban legislation last month. Many of Coloradoans donated at least the minimum $5, some of us much more. Please go to the website and check them out: https://www.howlforwildlife.org/what_we_do

What was amazing was for the Colorado Mtn Lion Hunt ban, if you went to a link on the HOWL website, with your phone, you could auto dial the legislators to voice your opinion by phone as well. These guys are really sharp.

So far, they are batting 1000 on all the initiatives this effort has undertaken. If you go to the website on my OP, you can navigate to get more info on this initiative.

07-Mar-22
Great, but…..that didn’t answer my question .

07-Mar-22
Dale, Why do you have 2 accounts? Dale Hajas and Metikki?

Please see the attached link to answer questions. HOWL is not an organization, club, or business. It is a hunting/angling internet platform, created for the reasons listed on the attached link. thus no BOD. It's also not an 'offshoot' of any organization, if that's where you are going.

https://www.howlforwildlife.org/what_we_do

07-Mar-22
Amazingly it is Republican elected officials that are the abscess in the Sunday hunting debacle in this state. The PFB has them in their back pocket yet hunters and our PGC keep bowing down to the PFB. Screw them and any additional tools they want to reduce crop damage. Let them deal with it.

07-Mar-22
Done- Emails sent

07-Mar-22
My phone is recognized as metikki my IPad uses my name. It’s been this way for years and not of my doing, but a glitch. So I gave you an answer:)

07-Mar-22
My phone is recognized as metikki my IPad uses my name. It’s been this way for years and not of my doing, but a glitch. So I gave you an answer:)

07-Mar-22
And here I am again:) it the same for both the LW and here.

If I was really tricky Id use a fake name on one of my digital weapons to really play with folks lol

I dont want out of state folks driving the hunting wheels in Pa. Like a rock star, or a major gun rights group, have done in the past. Let Pa folks dictate it. Its my state- it’s our state- not yours. What you may not realize that out of state letters, and emails requiring addresses, get chit canned, for good reason. An example: when the 50 yd safety zone was initially discussed the Rep - an “R”, he DEMANDED 250 LETTERS from HIS CONSTITUENTS, before he would introduce such an undertaking. It was introduced.

Being from SW Pa when I hunt Forbes State Forest every weekend it has a multitude of Horseback riders, mt bikers, hikers and leaf watchers until the 3rd or 4th week of October. Most of which buy equipment that falls under PR funding, so they contribute to hunting monetarily, like hunters. So many in fact it’s virtually impossible to hunt. Give them 3 sundays in October, give hunters every Sunday of the year lol

Anyhow I have come out of the woods on 3 occasions in the last 2 years to Park Police at the wait. You see other folks, using the SF are calling in suspicious vehicle complaints to our vehicles. And they get multiple complaints when it occurs, and the Park Police HAVE TO answer each call to meet the operators of the vehicles.

I’m almost giving up hunting up there, but I have faith, that things will fall into place. My thoughts aren’t selfish enough to send my $ to an entity that has no backtrail.

FWIW- I had 2 gobblers coming into a call 3 years ago when I spotted the bright red between the sticks in a blowdown. I adjusted, pulled my gun up and nestled into my sitting stance, when the guy wearing his bright red and blue tossel cap quickly turned and ran back downhill to the Laurel Highlands Trail on which he was training for a mud race. This of course was in the spring.

08-Mar-22
It is my opinion that the biggest mistake some hunters and sportsman's groups made was supporting the amended SH bill that ended up being a chopped up and non sensical approach that allowed SH on just a few days. The original bill granted full authority of SH to the PGC, which is what should happen. In the haste to get anything, some people bent over and supported this amended bill. What hunters, the PGC, and sportsman's groups should have done was turned their backs on this crap amended bill, publicly reject it, and demand a clean bill with full authority. Now, we have legislators that are content because they gave us something and have no real motivation to move real SH reform through. For the record, I opposed the amended SH bill that eventually passed and demanding a clean bill with a full transfer.

08-Mar-22
Dale, this bill allows the PA Game Commission to make decision on Sunday hunting. It is an initiative to give PA residents and hunters, lobbying to the proper state of PA game managers the authority to regulate hunting opportunity, not an out dated 'Blue Law'.

08-Mar-22
And being from Colorado why are you and this group so interested? Just curious….:)

08-Mar-22
I am originally from PA. My family is there and we make reunions there to hunt deer/turkey. Extra days in the field for these trips are valuable not only for me, but my family/friends that live there.

08-Mar-22
Dale, I'm a member of a few state bowhunting org's. I often have a lot to say about what's going on in that states, as they affect me. Should I not have a say?? I can spend at times over $1000 in hunting license fee's in a state.

Why don't you just come out and say why your opposed to what Stix has to say.

08-Mar-22
Ed you belong to those state orgs there. Different story. Glad to see Stix is a Pa feller. Why do you protect him so? Lol

08-Mar-22
Born and raised in Lehigh County. Moved to upper Bucks County 1981. Follow my work to Colorado in 1995.

08-Mar-22
That’s great to hear bud. Seriously.

And I’m not against sunday hunting, at all quite frankly.

08-Mar-22
Dale, I never met the guy in my life. Why do I protect him? Well he post something about a group that's making it easier for up to contact of legislators on this. You tell him its none of his business to try and help us get Sunday hunting. Well I want to hunt on Sundays and after years of trying I get really one Sunday. We should accept help from any group that wants to help us get Sundays. I question why your so opposed to anyone trying to help. So I'm going to ask you, why are you so opposed to anyone trying to help us, if your for Sunday hunting?? Is this one of them left vs right things you alway post about? Respectfully asked Ed

08-Mar-22

Dale Hajas's embedded Photo
Dale Hajas's embedded Photo
Ed, I’m not explaining to you anymore. If you want to hunt on Sunday go ahead lol I’m not opposed to anyone helping, just very wary about out of state orgs/folks, especially with no way to monitor $ spent, NO NAMES of who’s running the show, sticking their nose in Pa business, wanting $$.

Look at the costs involved….. they may be the greatest org out there! Seriously! But someone is giving this group $ and someone is spending it. Just who is responsible for either?

09-Mar-22
Dale,

Look at it this way. HOWL is everything BCHA "claims" to be, without the IPA pint nights. I've sent the emails. When there is a bit more transparency, I'll send $$.

09-Mar-22
I cant stop anybody from doing as they please.

Everything that is offered above is already available from ANY ONE of Pa’s hunting organizations. In the case of bowhunters, the United Bowhunters of Pa have been doing this “stuff” for the near 30 years I’ve been a member. This isn’t a “New idea”. And we’ve been ahead of the curve technologically since it became cool.

EVERY one of our states orgs are grasping for new members, new confidence, new faces, new blood. It doesn’t have to be the UBP, there are many other state run groups. Every group has been on top of this topic for months, offering the same info to members and non alike. It is my recommendation instead of dropping $40 bucks or so on a outside group, send it to the state org that suits you best, Then offer to volunteer for something at least once.

I actually applaud Stix and his ambitions, just not for me, at this time.

09-Mar-22
What I have found about HOWL is they have ignited an enthusiasm with sportsmen and women to get involved with the political process by opposing the anti-hunting movement and supporting the pro-hunting movement. Their platform, through using the internet and social media allows for an easy and effective way for hunters and anglers to be involved. As I said they are like the Sportsman's Alliance, only better from the standpoint that their email generators and phone call generators allow sportspeople to make their individual voices to ALL of the decision makers in the process very easily.

I saw what this platform did in Colorado with the Mt Lion hunt ban legislation. One click from your computer sent an email to all pertanent decision makers. One click on your phone received a call back connecting you to the decision makers allowing you to leave a voice message. None of the other conservation orgs have batted 1000 on the issues they have taken up. So far, HOWL has a perfect record. The platform is excellent in uniting sportspeople to promte our common interests. As was said, it is what everyone had hoped BHA would be.

As far as BHA, I was a very active member of BHA prior to learning about HOWL. And BHA has done many good things in their support of public lands, waters and wildlife. But unfortunately they support a political sphere that conflicts with my faith and converative ideals. I have since taken to promoting HOWL's efforts of pro-conservation wildlife management instead of the left of center conservation approach of BHA.

As far as an official organization, that's what HOWL is not. It's an internet/social media platform that allows sportsmen, corporations, and conservation orgs to have a common platform to initiate calls to action. The donations are for maintaining and expanding the platform. There is no requirement to send money to get involved. But after seeing how the effort was coordinated in defeating the anti-hunting legislation in Colorado. I felt compelled to donate. It's nice to have a cause you can personally feel compelled to support because of their effectiveness.

09-Mar-22
Of interest:

I received replies from some law makers in opposition to the bill as currently written, and would support it If it required landowners permission to hunt Sundays on their private land. I believe in private property rights, but it appears that this is being used as a backwards attempt by some to sidetrack the legislation. I researched this and by PA law, a landowner can put whatever restrictions he/she likes on folks they are allowing to trespass.

This provision already exists for landowners. A land owner can say "no trespassing on Sundays for hunting"

09-Mar-22
Dale I'm not a member of HOWL, but I've learned more about them from your post above. That was actually the first time I read anything about them. Yes I've heard of them, but never pay much attention to them. Will I joint, not right now till I learn a lot more about them. Right now I'm more concerned in the direction one of our state organization has gone.

09-Mar-22
Again, the big misconception is you don't join HOWL like other organizations. You join the efforts on the HOWL media platform. Think of it as a centralized national clearing house where conservation groups and related business submit issues related to wildlife conservation for a united action. HOWL just lists them on their website and invites you to take action if you choose. They are media experts on how to make these contacts effectively. There's no membership dues or donations required to use the plarform. But, You can donate if you like to support the effort.

09-Mar-22
Some of the anti SH folks have tried to make this a property rights issue, when the reality is it is not. Any landowner can restrict who is on their land and for what purpose as it stands now. SH does not change that. What some that don't support SH are really saying is because I don't want it on my land, I feel that other landowners have to follow my rules as well. Its a bogus argument.

09-Mar-22
Gene, not according to the PFB. They have wanted their cake and wanted to eat it too for decades. Ask those idiots about SH and they wanna take you to the wood shed for a tour. Kill the deer that eat my crops, red tags and all but no SH or I shut it down for all hunting.

10-Mar-22
5C. Yep. Its way past time for hunters and the PGC to turn their backs to the PFB. No more favors or special tools to help them out. They claim they need the tools, but then threaten to close their lands to all hunting. Its a joke and the PGC, some hunters, and some sportsman's orgs keeping bending over to them.

10-Mar-22
"Its a joke and the PGC, some hunters, and some sportsman's orgs keeping bending over to them."

This is exactly how I've felt regarding the Sunday hunting issue and the PFB for awhile now.

I did my research and I'm behind HOWL's efforts for PA hunters and hunters across the country. I actually log into the website daily and look at the issues across the country they are asking for support on.

Stix's posts are spot on regarding HOWL and mirror exactly what I learned about them through my research. He put things a lot more eloquently than I could've.

Ultimately it's everyone's choice to support different organizations, or not just like it's everyone's choice to support Sunday hunting, or not. I'm just hoping that soon, very soon we all have the choice to hunt every Sunday here in PA.

10-Mar-22
Hopefully any bill that comes up that gets watered down to anything less than a full regulatory transfer of SH to the PGC is actively opposed by sportsman in this state. It is way to unify behind a complete transfer of authority and demand it.

14-Mar-22
I just don’t have time for this nonsense anymore. Just give us all Sundays to hunt.

14-Mar-22
How about they give us the freedom to choose? People that do not want to can sit out. But this has been the issue all along, they do not want us in the woods when they choose not to hunt, they want it both ways. They gave us 3 measly days to SH but that was to pacify us and shut us up.

15-Mar-22
And many hunters, sportsman's orgs and the PGC graciously opened their arms and embraced the 3 measly days instead of thumbing their nose at the nonsense and demanding better.

• Sitka Gear