Supernaut 31-May-22
Jethro 31-May-22
Boris 31-May-22
Boris 31-May-22
Supernaut 31-May-22
Rut Nut 02-Jun-22
Boris 03-Jun-22
28-May-22
Just saw a notice from Buckmasters. It is about a buck that was taken with a crossbow in Huntington, Pa. WMU 2B. On 12sept21. I did look, noticed that the only units that have early season is 2b, 5c and 5d. An they started 18sept21. I did look all over the rule book, did not see anything different. Am I missing something or was it a miss print????? Just curious?????

28-May-22
Those are special regulations areas, they are open earlier. However maybe it's huntingdon valley not county. Which is I believe in 5D.

29-May-22
Couldve been North Huntington, which I believe is 2b

31-May-22
The buck was killed on Sept. 16. Dale is correct, it was killed near North Huntingdon only a few miles from where I work as the crow flies from what I hear.

Google search "North Huntingdon crossbow buck" and you'll get a few articles to read.

31-May-22
So the buck was killed on 9/16 and the season opened on 9/18?

31-May-22
I just thought that it was strange for hunting that early in Pa. Don't really care, that would be on him and the PGC. Why don't they put the start dates in the book, even if it starts earlier. Thanks for the information.

31-May-22
I just thought that it was strange for hunting that early in Pa. Don't really care, that would be on him and the PGC. Why don't they put the start dates in the book, even if it starts earlier. Thanks for the information.

31-May-22
I think there is likely an error in the reporting of the date of the kill in the online articles. In one of the articles it states that the buck was killed on opening day. Per the PGC book and looking online opening day of archery in WMU 2B was Sept. 18 in 2021.

Heck of a buck.

02-Jun-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Boris- The Special Regs areas have started early for almost 20 years now. And they always put it in “the book.” ;-)

03-Jun-22
That I understand that it is in the book. Either I did not see it or I thought something wrong. I really don't follow that side of the State an hunting regs. there. I live up on the lake in N.W Pa.

• Sitka Gear