Reid15 21-Aug-22
prasedenica 07-Sep-22
dpms 09-Sep-22
LOSTNwoods 09-Sep-22
Rut Nut 10-Sep-22
Reid15 10-Sep-22
Rut Nut 12-Sep-22
09-Aug-22
So I called county twice (Chester). They told me to bring in my cancelled check copy of front and back.

So finally my return envelope shows up. I had a smile on my face. Nothing was awarded on the website.

I open it up and I got someone else’s tag

Same 5D unit but my last three digits are 595 and other gentlemens number was 959.

Oh well first time this happened ever to me.

09-Aug-22
U get to fill the freezer and he has to fill out the harvest report???!!!….;^)

09-Aug-22
Nope, I got someone else's tags with mine one year. They were folded inside mine. I put a stamp on them and sent them to the right person with a little note. Never heard back, hope they got them.

09-Aug-22
Jason- say it ain’t so! This great system failed due to human error? Probably a result of the “push” to get the apps processed more efficiently so the Treasurers don’t get removed from the process...................

09-Aug-22
Yea it’s human error I get it and all good. Just frustrating. They can’t help me and asked I mail it back to them. They are looking for mine. They won’t find it cause they used my check For this guys tag. No problem though. This guy lives three hours from 5D it possible he was issued wrong unit too. Oh well……

10-Aug-22
Neither of my first two tags have been awarded yet and neither check has been cashed. I am assuming that the PO lost my applications. Now the dilemma is if I send for three this coming Monday and my other two happen to show up, I am violating the regulations of being able to only apply for three prior to OTC sales.

It sucks having to pick which unit to apply to this coming Monday not knowing the status of my first two since I usually apply to 2-3 different units.

10-Aug-22
Yes, this is a GREAT system.................................don't know why anyone would want to change it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

10-Aug-22
I have a friend that filled out the app/envelope for his grown son that lives in NJ. When filling it out he forgot about the difference in price for non-resident and accidently just wrote a check for the 6.97. Figured that app was dead in the water. But the county treasurer missed it and awarded a resident doe tag to a resident of NJ.

10-Aug-22
Rut, I'll say it again, WATCH WHAT YOU ASK FOR. I guess a computer has never screwed up? At least human errors can usually be corrected quickly with a phone call or two. Computer errors sometimes never get corrected. Yes......we know you hate the pink envelopes. LOL.

10-Aug-22
Chris- right here you have 4 examples of human screw ups and if you count SIP’s mutilated and returned envelope/application from the other thread, that makes 5. How many you think happened statewide?

And as for errors “quickly corrected”.....................you must not have read Gene’s post! ;-)

10-Aug-22
Got my 5C notification from the first draw rather quickly, then the tag itself about a week ago. Haven't gotten anything, nor a cashed check from the second draw for a 5D tag. Both were sent to West Chester. Anybody hear anything about a second draw tag sent to West Chester?

10-Aug-22
Yeah, but the best cure for not getting your tag is the nostalgia of filling out the envelopes….

11-Aug-22
Oh boy Woody.......................................guess that makes 6 screw ups now! : (

Yeah, it is SO worth it SIP! ;-)

11-Aug-22
Wow ...6 mistakes out of 1.1 MILLION tags. Keep counting Rut. Considering some of those mistakes are generated on the applicant end, and you will have those with a computer too, it amounts to near nothing. Keep in mind that isolated incidents of one here and one there are easier to fix than a random computer screw up that could mess up thousands of apllications in one broad stroke. I don't trust the PGC to do things the right way so I think we are better off now. Time will tell but I can promise you that there will be people on here pissing and moaning that they got screwed with a new system too. I also just like busting your chops about your hatred of pink envelopes!!!!

11-Aug-22
Well, none of those mistakes were made by the applicants. And you and I both know that if there were 6 mistakes in this small sample size of people who post to the Pa Forum of Bowsite, there are WAY more mistakes happening statewide................

And yes, I know you just love to bust my stones about the pinks......................just as I like needling you about being a fanboy of a system that should have gone out with cassette tapes! ;-)

11-Aug-22
No fanboy of them but more afraid of what damage the PGC can do to an "OK" system. I know there are better ways but I don't trust the PGC to choose the right system. They really don't care about us.......just the revenue we generate!!! Good luck this season Rut. I'm hoping to make it in time but recovering from double (both heels) achilles surgery at the moment.

11-Aug-22
Thanks Chris! Hope your recovery goes smoothly and you are back in your stand quicker than expected! DANG- one Achilles is bad enough, but both................ : (

18-Aug-22
I called several times and they asked me to mail the wrong one back. I was polite and said no as this is my proof. So I drove in was very polite and they issued me my first app on the spot. Still no luck for my second one. She brought up my application and everything was filled out correctly. All these years never had an issue. All good.

18-Aug-22
I called several times and they asked me to mail the wrong one back. I was polite and said no as this is my proof. So I drove in was very polite and they issued me my first app on the spot. Still no luck for my second one. She brought up my application and everything was filled out correctly. All these years never had an issue. All good.

19-Aug-22
So they haven't awarded you a tag from the second round yet?

19-Aug-22
If it wasn’t for these pink envelopes Pa Bowsite would be dead. :)

19-Aug-22
Yeah, I wish it were dead! ;-)

20-Aug-22
Nope not the second rebound yet. Got my first round only.

20-Aug-22
Nope not the second rebound yet. Got my first round only.

21-Aug-22
I got my tags within days of being awarded. (Both rounds) Just shows the difference among treasurers.................some can get them processed and mailed out within days, and some are taking weeks just to process. : (

21-Aug-22
I've only gotten my first round tag so far. The other two have been awarded, checks, cleared, etc., just haven't seen the tags.

07-Sep-22
I hope your recuperation goes well and that you return to your stand sooner than you anticipated. Duck Life

09-Sep-22
I received an email today that my first two applications were finally processed. Not too bad that it took two months for the first one and a month and a half for the second, lol........

09-Sep-22
Well I eventually got my other two 5D tags so all good for opener next week.

10-Sep-22
WOW! Not too efficient............

10-Sep-22
I got my 2nd round tag this week. Still haven't seen the 3rd one yet.

12-Sep-22
I stopped in at the Treasurer’s office this morning to get four 5C tags. Only had to fill out 1 application but when the guy tried to process the 4 applications the computer said I had “exceeded my limit”. I knew that was not correct as I had only been awarded 2 tags so far. So he tried processing 3 and then one (separately) and it worked. Apparently the PALS system can only process 3 applications per transaction now! I always thought the 3 apps per envelope limit was so guys wouldn’t stuff like 9 or 12 apps in it....................

• Sitka Gear