KSflatlander 24-Jul-23
Orion 24-Jul-23
JohnMC 24-Jul-23
KSflatlander 24-Jul-23
LineHunter 24-Jul-23
Doughboy 25-Jul-23
15-Aug-22

Bow Bullet's Link
Really good picture. Hopefully they catch him and give him the maximum penalty.

16-Aug-22
Seems a stretch to say that particular guy did it. He was in the area but that is all they have. Why did they wait a year to put that out? Hope they catch whoever did that as well but that looks like a pretty cold trail at this point.

16-Aug-22
I don't see in the article anywhere saying that guy did it. Just says that he's a "person of interest".

16-Aug-22
Well hopefully they catch whoever it was. Had someone poach a cow moose by me one year and they busted them good. Had a young calf running around bawling the next 3 nights. Never understood the "I thought it was an elk excuse."

16-Aug-22
Hope they catch him

17-Aug-22
Why hasn't CPW put it on the TV news?

17-Aug-22
I saw it on the Fox31 news yesterday morning.

17-Aug-22
Maybe the guy saw the weighted point thread

18-Aug-22
To Orions point/joke, not excusing poaching but when the CPW ruins the chances of ever getting a bull moose tag, it's like anything else. People want things and follow the path that gets them to it. When a legal path is steep or impossible, a few decide to go outside the law.

Drugs, money, sex, cars, food, access to land, etc, etc, etc.

20-Aug-22
Just heard some rumblings that a suspect may be custody

21-Jul-23

Aspen Ghost's Link
See attached CPW release. Caught and pled guilty.

22-Jul-23
I'm happy they caught him.

22-Jul-23
are his political leanings left or right?

22-Jul-23
Is that ksflatlander?

22-Jul-23
Maybe that is why he is afraid to show his face??

24-Jul-23
That’s a hell of a thing to say to a guy who has spent 28 years on conservation of wildlife and habitat. Including Colorado. What kind of person accuses someone of poaching without one iota of evidence? Passively or jokingly or otherwise. You two are both are perfect examples of what’s wrong with hunting and hunters. The only thing lower is an actual poacher.

If either one of you want to see me face to face to compare to the picture I’ll gladly oblige.

24-Jul-23
It wouldn't be the first time you've broken the law in Colorado. Remember when you admitted to having an illegal campfire here during a fire ban?

24-Jul-23
I remember when I made an honest mistake, had an illegal campfire to cook some trout, and owned up to it here. What does that have to poaching a Colorado moose?

Which is worse…unintentionally having an illegal campfire which was responsibly extinguished when done or accusing a person of being a poacher publicly without a single shred of evidence? But like I said, if you want coordinates to my Colorado base camp in September to compare me to the photo of the poster then just send me a PM. If not, in the small town I grew up in we have a name for people like you that accuse someone of something that serious but won’t do it face to face. You and John completely embody that title.

There’s low and then there is low.

24-Jul-23
Did you turn yourself in for that illegal fire and pay the fine?

24-Jul-23
No. The statute of limitations has expired dbag..

Do you turn yourself in when you go over the speed limit?

You should change your handle to “The Ex-Wife.” Drudging up stuff that happened years ago…over and over and over.

24-Jul-23
KSflatbrimmer- Do you guys kill any elk at your camp? Are there many elk around? If so please send me the coordinates to your base camp.

No one accused you of poaching. Simmer down. Pretty sure those comments were "tongue-in-cheek".

24-Jul-23
Mind your own Quinn. You don’t do crap like that where I come from.

24-Jul-23
So you commit a crime, admit it on the internet but don't turn yourself in? We call people like that criminals and douchebags. You sure you know the difference between an elk and a moose?

24-Jul-23
Dear Baby Jesus thank you for not giving me thin skin like you gave ksflatbrimmer. Amen

24-Jul-23
I’m thankful to baby Jesus for not having such a small ball sack as you and Orion.

By the way, the difference between moose and elk is that moose can talk and have a talking squirrel as a friend.

24-Jul-23
This thread delivers haha

25-Jul-23
Thought i had to be on the Kansas forum for some good drama.

• Sitka Gear