Contributors to this thread:
Al Dente Laptop 10-Sep-22
Shawlerbrook 10-Sep-22
Bob 15-Sep-22
Shawlerbrook 15-Sep-22
scentman 15-Sep-22
Bob 16-Sep-22
10-Sep-22
21 years ago tomorrow, 2,974 innocent lives were taken during the terrorist attacks. I saw first hand the horrors in downtown Manhattan that day, ones that I relive every day, forever unable to be unseen. Sadly, nearly double the amount of lives lost that day have died from 9/11 related illnesses. Those that survived and those first responders have succumbed from the exposure when the towers fell. Keep those that perished that day, those that perished years later, and their families in your prayers. May God Bless America.

10-Sep-22
Amen Al ! Our little village meets in front of the volunteer FD and has a candlelight walk through town, by the American Legion hall and meets in the village park for a short ceremony. This started on 9/11/2001 when people met there , confused, dazed and not knowing what was next and did the first walk spontaneously. We will be there again at dusk tomorrow night.

15-Sep-22
I lost my brother-in-law that day. Battalion Chief Orio Palmer, he made it to the 78th floor of the South tower and then it collapsed. It never gets easier when 9/11 rolls around. I agree with the total number of people that died as a result of being down there. That number just keeps going up. I was down there for 5 hours, 2 weeks after it happened and my eyes were red and I coughed for two weeks afterwards. That air was toxic and initially our leaders said that it was fine.

15-Sep-22
Bob, I worked with Orio’s brother Vinny at the DEC. I did what Vinny did on LI only in Region 4.

15-Sep-22
Bob, so sorry for your loss... no words to describe.

16-Sep-22
Small world guys and thank you for the good thoughts. Good luck with the season.

• Sitka Gear