Quailhunter 30-Sep-22
be still 03-Sep-23
Thornton 04-Sep-23
sitO 05-Sep-23
be still 05-Sep-23
25-Sep-22

Catscratch's embedded Photo
Catscratch's embedded Photo
First pics I've ever gotten of one but I've been told there is a group of them in the area. Bummer!

25-Sep-22
Good eating. What county?

25-Sep-22
Noooooo!

25-Sep-22
Cowley. North of Cambridge.

25-Sep-22
I used to hunt down there.

25-Sep-22
Yep. I believe we know some of the same people and landowners.

25-Sep-22
Healthy looking one….better take em out now.

25-Sep-22
Braun…go back 3 pgs. to my post “Hogs In The Flinthills” from back in January. I posted videos of the two hogs I had on trail camera. I understand one got killed on the nearby highway. The other is probably still running around…could be the one you are seeing?

25-Sep-22
Thanks for remembering that thread crested. Just went back to it and watched your videos. The one I have pics of is solid black, I think yours both had a pattern. I mentioned in that thread that someone I know had been seeing hogs... 4 of them. The last time I asked he said they were now 12. I have 5 cameras out yr round. This is the first and only pics I've had. He came through one night and that's it. I sure hope that doesn't pick up frequency.

25-Sep-22
There have been pockets of them along the Oklahoma state line for a long time now. We had a couple on camera several years ago (Chautauqua County), but fortunately none sense. There are a whole bunch of them, not far away in Oklahoma.

25-Sep-22
Just a matter of time….unfortunately

26-Sep-22
I know a landowner that shot one over by Atlanta several years back,you better go hunting Jason.

26-Sep-22
"you better go hunting Jason." No clue how to hunt a hog, but if I see one there will be no free passes. Rifles will be kept on standby for all possible situations. I wouldn't mind if I never got another one camera or never saw one in real life.

26-Sep-22
If these two guys that don't bait got pics, imagine what the failure piling lessermen are getting

27-Sep-22
I guess this post couldn't be any different ,it had to happen.

27-Sep-22
There have been hogs around Kaw lake for years and years and years….. not sure why anyone would be surprised there are hogs in Cowley Co. I don’t think they know where the state line is.

28-Sep-22
They were running a pretty big helicopter hog control for several years but don't know what the status has been lately

28-Sep-22
They really did a number on them on a ranch I bird hunt down in Osage county. Back in about 2014 or so. It really helped using helicopters.

29-Sep-22
Call fish and game... they will come in with a helicopter if need be to eradicate them.

29-Sep-22
Just FYI for everyone's benefit and if needed in the future....USDA performs the aerial helicopter gunning in KS......not KDW&P. USDA wild hog eradication contact: Curran Salter 620-260-7432.

Curran/USDA did some aerial gunning in a few county's (including Cowley Cty.) back in early Spring 2022 following my notification in January 2022 of the (2) hogs that I captured on trail cam video that had wandered through my hunting grounds.

29-Sep-22
I'll shoot them myself If I encounter any, and they won't be wasted. People in N. Korea starving to death and us fat Americans killing piles of delicious wild hogs and leaving them lay.

30-Sep-22
A person cannot make a dent in a population of them once they become established. They will ruin a piece of land within a couple of years.

03-Sep-23

be still's embedded Photo
Thornton I thought about you earlier. We went and fed the cows earlier right at sundown and there was some small hogs with their young ones out there amongst them. A rain had just come through and it was still sprinkling so we went up the hill to take a pic of the sunset.

When I was up there though looking down I thought now Thornton might would like to sit up here and pick some hogs off with his long gun. I haven’t ranged it yet but it’s a fair distance. If you zoom in you’ll see the cows huddled up where I dropped the cubes…the hogs was just to the right of them. Some are too big and nasty to eat but these right here would be quite tasty.

04-Sep-23
I'd love to shoot a hog with my 1885 Winchester chambered in 6.5 PRC. I poked a hole in a javelina's front leg with my bow down in Arizona one time, but the pig ran off with no blood trail and probably lived a long life afterwards.

05-Sep-23
Looks like a great place to spot-stalk, or "sound-stalk", them. If there's a sow in heat, it's pretty easy to get in front of a sounder

05-Sep-23
Some of the terrain here is good for that but the only problem is on this particular place it’s only 46 acres.

I’ve got big places in Northwest Texas that’s perfect for stalking though. My son-in-law is ate up with hog hunting so he has a lot of places around here that has more acreage. Can’t wait for the KBA guy from up there to come down here this winter to do his hog hunt. We’re going to get him on some hogs around here and then told him on his way home he could hit those Northwest places. Should work out great cause I think he lives in Southwest Kansas.

• Sitka Gear