Wanttohunt247 14-Oct-23
longbeard 14-Oct-23
Thisismyhandle 14-Oct-23
longbeard 14-Oct-23
Thisismyhandle 14-Oct-23
Bonehead 15-Oct-23
CTBobcat 16-Oct-23
04-Oct-22
any deer butchers in fairfield county????

04-Oct-22
I posted a similar thread. A few suggested Jeff Storm in New Milford, but I tried calling and no answer? Talked to someone in Oxford who said to call before you arrive. Wish there was someone closer if I need one.

04-Oct-22
We lost 2 this year .

04-Oct-22
whos' left?

04-Oct-22
Thinking about looking at the one over the line in Ny . Have to find out if he is still there and if it’s legal to bring a deer over the line . Up 35 some place .

05-Oct-22
You mean Amato's. Still there. I use them for NY deer, but dont think you can bring CT deer into NY

05-Oct-22
That’s who I was thinking of , but I thought it was the other way ? No New York deer in ct unless there boned . Have to give them a call very close to me .

05-Oct-22

tobywon's Link
See attached link Steve, NY does not allow unless boned.

05-Oct-22
Thanks ! If I have to break it down I will just do the hole thing .

05-Oct-22
That’s funny cuz once you debone a deer what the hell is their left to do? The worst part is the skinning and grinding rest is fun.

05-Oct-22
Hopefully I'll connect on a CT buck and then have to make some phone calls to get a butcher.

06-Oct-22
Yep, might as well do it yourself if you have to bone out, unless this butcher makes something special with sausage, brats, etc. Spike, the worst part for me is packaging, but that still doesn't want me to take a deer to the butcher. CTBobcat, I'd find a butcher now rather than frantically try to find one later after the deer is down. Good luck this season!!

07-Oct-22
New England Wild Game Matt Chase Located in Beacon Falls He is on Facebook He does a great job, wet ages the meat for 6 to 8 days before he butchers it. Also does a lot of different sausages, German style hotdogs and more.

07-Oct-22
Tobywon- I spoke to 3 in CT ahead of time. But I meant all 3 said to call first before showing up. So whoever says yes that day I'll go to.

07-Oct-22
PICKED UP MY DEER TODAY FROM NEW ENGLAND WILD GAME AND IT WAS AN EXCELLENT JOB OF BUTCHERING, PACKAGEING, AND EVERYTHING WAS LABELED. GREAT JOB AND MATT WAS A REAL NICE GUY TO DEAL WITH

07-Oct-22
Matt is a great guy, a little odd but he's good at what he does.

24-Aug-23
Any updates this year for new places opened in fairfield county?

05-Sep-23
Hiller?

05-Sep-23
Rob he doesn’t do it anymore.

05-Sep-23
Contact Tim at lil rascals farm. 203-868-6198. He does an amazing job!

08-Sep-23
Thanks Steve. I will miss him in that regard.

13-Oct-23

Wanttohunt247's Link
We are still around at New England Wild Game. We open at 9am and take later drop offs if need be. Call Matt at 203-558-9569 before hand. We are working on a bigger walk in cooler and new facility. Always trying to make things better each year.

13-Oct-23
I don’t understand why you guys don’t do it yourself? Is it lack of knowledge or lack of time?

14-Oct-23
p Longbeard probably both . Early season is tough if you dont have a cooler.

14-Oct-23
Agreed ?? with that statement Steve. That’s one of the reasons why I very rarely get out before mid-October. That plus my work schedule begins to calm down around second/third week of October. But I realize this and am willing to either sacrifice my hunting time or I would be sure to call in sick to do what I have to do to take care of my kill asap if it warm.

Learning to butcher your own deer is not that hard, especially in today’s world where you have YouTube University at your fingertips. I just shake my head at these requests for a butcher when there is such an easy path through it without paying someone to do what you can do and you have ?? control over cuts, cleanliness and packaging of your meat. Anyway I’m just trying to understand.

14-Oct-23
We have a lot of people come to us that live in condos or in an area in which they can't hang them somewhere out of sight. That's why my husband being a hunter opened up, he saw too many people getting garbage back from regular butchers.

14-Oct-23
Great point!! ^^

14-Oct-23
Cichowski’s is like $100 for a doe. You get back the next day. Steaks, ground, sausage and all wrapped. Ready to eat. You really can’t beat that considering you don’t have to deal with all the deboning, grinding and trimming. I’ll be going to PA in a few weeks and I’ll definitely be using a processor. The one closest makes snack sticks, bologna and sausage’s. Why buy all the equipment to try and make all that when I can pay someone a decent price.

14-Oct-23
Because you have no control over what they are doing with the meat you are going to consume. I’m talking about cleanliness here. For that reason alone, I would never let anyone else cut up my deer. Have you ever seen a band saw blade go through fat, bone and meat all in one cut? There are few valid reasons to have some one else do it for you, as pointed out above, but the reason you mentioned should not be one of them. IMO

14-Oct-23
To each his own. I know how to cut up deer. But I choose to use a reputable processor this year.

15-Oct-23
For sure, it takes me 4 hours from start to finish…thats 4 hours I could be with the kids or 4 hrs working. Everyone has their own methods. Good luck to all this year. Matt at New England is the best and a good friend! His new freezer and cooler is going to be great!

16-Oct-23
I'm with Bonehead. Can I learn? sure. Do I have the right setup, no. After spending countless hours prepping, scouting, hunting, etc.....the last thing I want to do is tell my wife and daughter I need 4 more hours in the garage to make things messy.

• Sitka Gear